HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

OT: What the heck is going on?

Old
05-10-2008, 07:45 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
OT: What the heck is going on?

Was there an update to the site? The reason I ask is because to the left of each thread, it tells me how many posts I have in each one. I dont know if I did something wrong or not, but I dont really like it.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Sounds like you got points. does it say something like 1/5? At least, that's what I see, but only after I've been sent to my room...which is rare.

05-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I think they might be doing some work because I was getting database errors earlier and was seeing some images not showing up at times.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Acadmus

Buffaloed and Crave Online are furiously hammering away at preparing the next incarnation of HFBoards, indeed. Can't say more than that.

It'll look a lot like this incarnation, but supposedly will work more smoothly - this version (according to what Buf posted for us mods) is largely patchwork - nothing was compatible so code had to be written to make any feature changes work. Became a Buffaloed Frankenstein's Monster, made much more apparent when updates over the last year started causing problems in droves. So now they're going to put in something much cleaner.

That's how I understand it, translated to layman's terms

05-11-2008, 03:26 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
Buffaloed and Crave Online are furiously hammering away at preparing the next incarnation of HFBoards, indeed. Can't say more than that.

It'll look a lot like this incarnation, but supposedly will work more smoothly - this version (according to what Buf posted for us mods) is largely patchwork - nothing was compatible so code had to be written to make any feature changes work. Became a Buffaloed Frankenstein's Monster, made much more apparent when updates over the last year started causing problems in droves. So now they're going to put in something much cleaner.

Hmm, seems like things fell apart once I vacated the penthouse.

j/k

Buffaloed is a magician of sorts for this site...I'm sure this will all be worth it once the dust settles.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 04:12 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post

Does this mean searching will work again!?!? Five months without searching has been terrible..

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote