HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schnabelīs return in Czech contest

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2004, 04:44 PM
czechhockeyfan

vCash: 500
Schnabelīs return in Czech contest

According to Czech hockey official website www.hokej.cz Sparta Prague exhibited interest in his service and Schnabel was not against playing back in Czech right now but Predators refused to clear him.

Old
01-28-2004, 05:43 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechhockeyfan
According to Czech hockey official website www.hokej.cz Sparta Prague exhibited interest in his service and Schnabel was not against playing back in Czech right now but Predators refused to clear him.
doh! why would we let him go play there?

Old
01-28-2004, 05:57 PM
RWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
tradebait or injury insurance I bet...

Old
01-28-2004, 06:35 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead

because if we could have sent him down, we already would have. my guess is that when\if Neckar joins the team(he's practicing with them this week) and Timonen gets healthy, Schnabel is gone...but I doubt it would be to the Czech republic. I'm thinking it's more likely he'll be part of a package to land whomever it is we're after. He's fallen behind even Hutchinson on the depth chart.

Old
01-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Jarnberg

We won't get much for him, he's not good at all.

Old
01-29-2004, 12:18 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger

He's resorted back to his previous years form. It's a damn shame he isn't playing like he did to start the season.

Old
01-29-2004, 12:19 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger
yeah, but thrown in with a guy like arkhipov and maybe one of our minor league scorers with some upside...we could possibly pick something up from a team looking to unload.

Old
02-12-2004, 10:48 PM
blueliner
Tough Building

though my primary allegiance is with the devils, i must confess to being somewhat of a closet preds fan and have enjoyed following the worthwhile comments on this board for a while without making any contributions...

anyway, i've wondered about schnabel, he's always looked like being limited to 3rd pairing duties, and in some ways he's done well to earn himself a gig in the bigs since being drafted as a project, but he was earning more positive reviews for his play earlier this season, (around the time kloucek was dealt?)...

how has schnabel's play regressed since then?...what's he doing differently now?

when on top of his game does he use his size effectively?...he's an imposing specimen but is he a banger?...or more likely to just shovel guys outta the crease?

Old
02-12-2004, 10:52 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner
though my primary allegiance is with the devils, i must confess to being somewhat of a closet preds fan and have enjoyed following the worthwhile comments on this board for a while without making any contributions...

anyway, i've wondered about schnabel, he's always looked like being limited to 3rd pairing duties, and in some ways he's done well to earn himself a gig in the bigs since being drafted as a project, but he was earning more positive reviews for his play earlier this season, (around the time kloucek was dealt?)...

how has schnabel's play regressed since then?...what's he doing differently now?

when on top of his game does he use his size effectively?...he's an imposing specimen but is he a banger?...or more likely to just shovel guys outta the crease?

The problem with Schnabel in my mind is that previously, he was hitting, playing respectable defense and clearing the crease. He'll never be a good skater or make even decent outlet passes, but that's not his role. His job is to be the guy who keeps big guys away from Vokoun. He is the guy that punishes forwards along the boards. Recently, he hasn't been what we asked AND he hasn't been incredibly smart with the puck. He hasn't been boneheaded, but with someone of such limited talent/skills, he has to do the things he does really well to negate what he can't do (if that makes sense). Lately, he just hasn't been able to do that.

Old
02-12-2004, 11:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
The problem with Schnabel in my mind is that previously, he was hitting, playing respectable defense and clearing the crease. He'll never be a good skater or make even decent outlet passes, but that's not his role. His job is to be the guy who keeps big guys away from Vokoun. He is the guy that punishes forwards along the boards. Recently, he hasn't been what we asked AND he hasn't been incredibly smart with the puck. He hasn't been boneheaded, but with someone of such limited talent/skills, he has to do the things he does really well to negate what he can't do (if that makes sense). Lately, he just hasn't been able to do that.

i agree with all of that. a good example of what we want schnabel to do is karlis skrastins. skratch wasn't very good in terms of puckhandling\passing....but he was smart defensively, and was able to keep the slot clear\read the play to break it up. schnabel is perhaps even worse offensively...but lately...hasn't been good defensively, either. i really don't know what his future is, but if neckar comes back anytime soon...i'd say schnabel will be the one to go.

Old
02-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Pattypred

Schnabby was doing great until his sliced wrist/tendons. He hasn't been the same since he came back.

I, too, believe he will be gone soon.

Closed Thread