HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PK Subban and the Bulls go to Game 7

Old
05-11-2008, 07:14 AM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
PK Subban and the Bulls go to Game 7

PK and the Bulls, after being down 3 games to none, have won the last 3 games to take the OHL final with Kitchener to Game 7 Monday.

Subban had a very good game last night. 2 assists. Handles the puck very well. Sharp passing. Some good mobility and made some nice defensive plays. One in particular he sped back on what should have been a breakaway, and was fast enough that all he had to do was step in front of the forward and take control.

If you can get the game on your cable package. Watch it

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 07:32 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Good to hear!

Hey...does PK have another year junior left?

Old
05-11-2008, 07:42 AM
JrHockeyFan

His birthday is May 13 1989. So he will just be 19 on Tuesday

Technically he could play 2 more. He either has to make the Habs or go back to the Bulls next year. He cannot go to the AHL

He is 3rd on the Bulls in playoff scoring with 23 points and a +8 this year. He is the top OHL D scorer in the playoffs. (FYI: Weber is 3rd) and 8th overall

Old
05-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
im very surprised...i was sure it was going in 4 to Kitchener.

happy for the bulls that they battled all the way back

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 08:44 AM
SuperUnknown

The Bulls have been making a comeback since Yannick Weber is out. Coincidence? Maybe.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 08:51 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside Cowboy View Post
The Bulls have been making a comeback since Yannick Weber is out. Coincidence? Maybe.
Could be. Weber hurt his ankle in the game Tuesday. He is day to day I heard

We have a pair of pretty good D guys in there LOL

Old
05-11-2008, 10:36 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside Cowboy View Post
Eh..I dont think that has had much of an effort on how the Bulls have played the way they have the whole season. Belleville sucked so bad in the first 3, I wanted to puke. This is the team I saw all year. And yea..Kitchener is missing Weber. Belleville is missing Matthias.

Shouldn't matter.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 11:12 AM
FrankMTL

I love everything I have heard about Subban so far. The guy still has another year of Juniors left and he has been an absolute force this year for Belleville....but especially in the playoffs.

He should have a more regular role on Team Canada in the WJC next year.

For those who have watched him extensivly in the playoffs this year, are there any players currently in the NHL that you would compare his style to??

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 11:16 AM
NewBlood

Let's see what he can do at the Memorial Cup. With Kitchener being the host, they're both going anyway, aren't they?

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 11:23 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
Let's see what he can do at the Memorial Cup. With Kitchener being the host, they're both going anyway, aren't they?
Correct.

I always liked Subban more than Weber. He has the natural talent AND the drive to become a great NHLer. So if anyone is going to put it together, it will be him.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 11:23 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

We've heard a lot of times that PK's defensive game was subpar. Did he improved in this aspect of the game?

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 11:24 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think Weber's absence is that big of a difference-maker in this series. Matthias for the Bulls is probably a more important key to their team, and Weber was pretty invisible in the first three games from what I saw.

Maybe someone who watched more of the series could say?

Honestly, I was wondering what the heck was going on. After game 3 I just assumed that Kitchener would sweep, but all the "GO RANGERS GO" signs around here were still up. I hadn't been paying any attention haha!

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 11:29 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
We've heard a lot of times that PK's defensive game was subpar. Did he improved in this aspect of the game?
He has. Not by alot but you can slowly see him becoming more responsible.

Old
05-11-2008, 11:29 AM
kostitsyn1489

I think Subban improved defensvely. His ceilling there are pretty good, he needs to control himself a little bit better tho and not be out of position. His speed really help him out there and as he matures and takes experience i beleive it wont be too bad. He'll never be Lidstrom, but he wont be AHL caliber defenslvely.

For Weber absence to me it does hurt them alot. Not that he was AMAZING in the fist 3 games, but Belleville covered him alot and it opened Boedker and Azevedo alot,. especially boedker who was dynamite early in this series.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 11:30 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
I don't think Weber's absence is that big of a difference-maker in this series. Matthias for the Bulls is probably a more important key to their team, and Weber was pretty invisible in the first three games from what I saw.

Maybe someone who watched more of the series could say?

Honestly, I was wondering what the heck was going on. After game 3 I just assumed that Kitchener would sweep, but all the "GO RANGERS GO" signs around here were still up. I hadn't been paying any attention haha!
Agreed about Weber/Matthias. Weber hasnt been very noticeable. The spot he affects most is the PP and they went 2/6 last night and Shutron is doing a great job so I really dont think he is making a huge difference with him being out.

Old
05-11-2008, 11:32 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I think Subban improved defensvely. His ceilling there are pretty good, he needs to control himself a little bit better tho and not be out of position. His speed really help him out there and as he matures and takes experience i beleive it wont be too bad. He'll never be Lidstrom, but he wont be AHL caliber defenslvely.

For Weber absence to me it does hurt them alot. Not that he was AMAZING in the fist 3 games, but Belleville covered him alot and it opened Boedker and Azevedo alot,. especially boedker who was dynamite early in this series.
Eh both Azzy and Boedker are getting open pretty much just as much. Azzy had 2 goals last night and Boedker controlled alot of the game.

I think another reason Belleville has came back is having a healthy OHL Goalie of the year in there nets. Murphy wasnt right in that first game after he got hurt and there is no doubt it affected him. He missed the next 2 games. Came back for there 1st win in the series. And bam now to a 7th game, and hes playing great. Gives the team alot of confidence.

Old
05-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Unice is a good goalie but pretty sure that it would be over with Mason in net...

Weber's absence might have done something to their PP, though they are 3 for 11 during his absence. But Weber would not have been able to do much defensively. I've been dissapointed the times I saw him lately as far as his defensive play. He's capable to be much better but when you compare him to Subban in these playoffs and in this series, there's a world of difference in my opinion...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 11:55 AM
sevil

TT told me last week he has been to a few games lately and really likes what he sees from both of them.. he was impressed with their development... and so you know he has told me before when he is not happy with someones development

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 11:56 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Eh both Azzy and Boedker are getting open pretty much just as much. Azzy had 2 goals last night and Boedker controlled alot of the game.

I think another reason Belleville has came back is having a healthy OHL Goalie of the year in there nets. Murphy wasnt right in that first game after he got hurt and there is no doubt it affected him. He missed the next 2 games. Came back for there 1st win in the series. And bam now to a 7th game, and hes playing great. Gives the team alot of confidence.
Yeah i know, but they didnt cover the point as much as thye usually do. Their PP is doing good, but it's whole game not only Pp. Weber is really good to breakout and now with Bortuzzo out they had to play a forward(Tregunna, he did a good job most of the night) on defense yesterday.

Murphy back in for Belleville is huge he made key save in every games and has clearly been the ebst player for both team in the last 3 games.

I beleive Kitcheer is the better team of the 2, but Belleville is by a good margin the 2nd best team in CHL IMO, especially with Matthias on.

From what i saw, last 3 games, this series is amazing, really tight and it's just really nice to watch these 2 teams play against each other. I'd be the happiest guy on heart if it would go even longer then 7 games.

Old
05-11-2008, 01:14 PM
CrisisInMTL

I'm fortunate enough to have been at all 3 Bulls home games and I scored myself a ticket for game 7 so I'll be there. It's been amazing to be a part of (I work for the Bulls). They were down 3-0 in the series, 3-0 in the 1st period of game 4, and entered the 3rd period of that game down 4-2. And for whatever reason, since that 3rd Period, Belleville has completely turned it around and taken over. They just didn't quit, and their best players just keep on playing better and better.

Just a quick stat about Subban. He's recorded 36 points in 35 career playoff games. Talk about stepping up when it counts.

CrisisInMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 01:20 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Office View Post
I'm fortunate enough to have been at all 3 Bulls home games and I scored myself a ticket for game 7 so I'll be there. It's been amazing to be a part of (I work for the Bulls). They were down 3-0 in the series, 3-0 in the 1st period of game 4, and entered the 3rd period of that game down 4-2. And for whatever reason, since that 3rd Period, Belleville has completely turned it around and taken over. They just didn't quit, and their best players just keep on playing better and better.

Just a quick stat about Subban. He's recorded 36 points in 35 career playoff games. Talk about stepping up when it counts.
Weber got inured in the2nd-3rd period of game 4, that explains everything i keep saying!!!!

Old
05-11-2008, 02:11 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Eh..I dont think that has had much of an effort on how the Bulls have played the way they have the whole season. Belleville sucked so bad in the first 3, I wanted to puke. This is the team I saw all year. And yea..Kitchener is missing Weber. Belleville is missing Matthias.

Shouldn't matter.
I think he is saying: "Lucky us, we have Subban AND Weber". But maybe I am reading too much between the lines

Old
05-11-2008, 02:17 PM
JrHockeyFan

I think what I like most of Subban's game is the skill-set. You can teach a kid to play better defense. Skills are tougher

He plays with a good level of energy. He is pretty creative in his passes, especially on the PP. He handles the puck well and moves well with it.

Old
05-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Sportsnet?

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 02:39 PM
JrHockeyFan

The game is offered on Rogers and Cogeco in Ontario. I don't think there is a national broadcast. There is an NHL game on TSN and Baseball on S'Net Monday at 7:30pm

The game can be watched on the OHL website for a small fee