HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Camera Phone

Old
05-14-2008, 08:47 AM
sonny side up

vCash: 500
Camera Phone

My contract is up with Verizon soon and I am going to renew with them (yes I like ATT more, but when everyone in my family and many friends are on Verizon so I am going to stick with them)

So... I need suggestions on a good camera phone. Anyone have some luck with the Samsung Flipshot? I heard the camera on it sucks.... I am very into photography (see my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnysideup/) and I would love to get a phone that will compliment my arsenal.Most people (including me) will always have a phone with them, but not a nice SLR. I am still new to serious-picture-taking so if you wanna critique my work feel free.

I know this topic has been covered before, but with the technology and upgrades on phones, I figured it deserved a new topic.

sonny side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 09:30 AM
BlueAndWhite

vCash: 500
If you're going to stick with Verizon, then the Flipshot is your best bet as of right now.

There is an LG Prada variant schedule to come out in June called the LG Dare that will also have a 3.2 MP camera but should end up taking better picture (based on the results of the same camera module in other LG phones).

The Dare is similar to the LG Prada/Apple iPhone in the fact that it has a large touch screen with relatively few hardware buttons.

I took a look at your flickr sets, some impressive stuff there. As said these phones won't be anything close to an SLR but with experience and some fine tuning they can take some solid pictures.

On a side note, if you are REALLY into Photography, switching over to T-Mo/ATT might be beneficial since the technology they employ (GSM) has a host of camera phones that are far superior to the current CDMA (Verizon/Sprint) offerings.

BlueAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote