HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So do we bench Dagenais tommorow?

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2004, 10:45 PM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
So do we bench Dagenais tommorow?

After many poor games in a row do guys think CJ will make him skip tommorow's game? I'm starting to think that they must really love him cuz he's been playing horrible lately and they still keep him in the line up.

Old
02-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Bachelor Bobby

I agree with benching Dagenais but I wonder who deserve to play With Mike and Richard? I think that to complete the line it's time to call up Balej to complete a good line up. Anyway I think Dagenais is to slow to folow Zednik and he's only a good shooter not an anough good passer. Balej it's the perfect package for the mission, quick and good with the puck. Give him his chance!

Old
02-12-2004, 07:50 AM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
After many poor games in a row do guys think CJ will make him skip tommorow's game? I'm starting to think that they must really love him cuz he's been playing horrible lately and they still keep him in the line up.
Sundstrom would be able to play on that line
and just move begin up to the 3rd line

Old
02-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Habeas Corpus

Ward, he played well ther last game. He opens up some space for ribiero and zednik. Gvie him a shot.

Old
02-12-2004, 08:05 AM
HABitude

Sundstrom, Ward, Dagenais, Kilger, none of them are true offensive players. They all have interresting aspects of a good hockey player but none of them have it all together. How do we call them? marginal players?

Old
02-12-2004, 08:07 AM
Joe Cole

You know, I do not love Dags. But when he is on the ice, there is always a chance that he will connect and score. That is not the case for many other forwards on this team.

Ya, he is slow. Yes is not physical, even if his height says he is big, he has string bean WIDTH to him. Mean streak...only when he retaliates. He does not initiate any physical play.

But... he can shot. Quick release and lots of snap!

And he knows how to get open.

As for Ward or Sundstrom is his place.... while competent, I do not believe that they have that ingredient that makes them a dangerous addition to a Ribs line. We'd be better of with...and I know I will get flamed....Yannick!

Old
02-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Darz

I wouldn't be surprised if Julien let Dagenais watch this one from the press box, but it would screw up the lines quite a bit.
I personally don't think Ward is a good slution. Althugh he has played well and always gives 110%, I don't think Ward has the offensive skills to be effective on that line. I agree he would bring a little grit to a less than gritty line, but I think someone with a little more offensive skill should be on that line.
Sundstrom might be an interesting choice. He does have some offensive talent and definately would be the defensive conscious of the line. Overall I don't think it would be a great fit, but I could see it working better than Ward.
Kilger would be a real wild card on the line. If, and that is a big 'IF', Kilger could have one of his 'I wanna show you what I can do' games he could probabley help the line out, but the chances of him having a game like that isn't great and he probablely doesn't deserve the spot.
Hmmmm.........I'm starting to understand why Dagenais is playing on that line....

Old
02-12-2004, 08:31 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Hmmmm.........I'm starting to understand why Dagenais is playing on that line....
lesser of 10 evils

I am surprised that you still have some faith left in Kilger.

I remember at the beginning of the year, he was projected as the 2nd line CENTER! Then the injury.

I was pulling my hair out when I heard Gainey say that. Thankfully Kilger has worked himself out of the lineup.

Old
02-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
l
I remember at the beginning of the year, he was projected as the 2nd line CENTER!

woah, it was 4th line center not 2nd line.

Old
02-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Corey

So is it agreed that each line could be improved at one position?

Old
02-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
woah, it was 4th line center not 2nd line.
No, I remember it quite clearly. I even went to the training camp at le 4 glaces de Pierrefonds. Perreault would have been adjusted down to 3rd line, and Juneau 4th. Ribs was signed on a two way contract and had to fight for a spot on the NHL roster. Guess he won, eh?

I agree, Kilger on 2nd line duty seems crazy, but they thought that he had the size (that they are still looking for, no?) and the skating ability (straight line only). They thought maybe God will smile on Kilger and the Habs can be the team that finally wakes him up and develops him into a top level player.

I am not saying it is logical, but it was the idea going into the pre-season

Old
02-12-2004, 10:37 AM
jcpenny

Ward should get his chance. People say that he would be out of place with Ribs but I say give the guy a chance to prove himself at least for 5 games. If not call up Hossa. I would like to call up Balej but he's not physically ready for the big show yet. Hossa with Zednik would be two powerful fowards along the boards that would just help Ribs alot. If that line gets a try, i'm sure that they would be a force for us.

Old
02-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
No, I remember it quite clearly. I even went to the training camp at le 4 glaces de Pierrefonds. Perreault would have been adjusted down to 3rd line, and Juneau 4th. Ribs was signed on a two way contract and had to fight for a spot on the NHL roster. Guess he won, eh?
Who was Kilger playing with that day? I really can't recall the Habs saying at one point and time he was gonna be a center of X line. They just wanted him at center because we needed size there.

Old
02-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Who was Kilger playing with that day? I really can't recall the Habs saying at one point and time he was gonna be a center of X line. They just wanted him at center because we needed size there.
This was pre-season talk. Koivu, Zednick and Hossa 1st line, Kilger, Audette, Bulis 2nd line, Perrault/Dackell/ Ward-3rd, Ribs whoever else 4th

This is rough guestimates, but it resembled this in the talk around the pre-season.

The point is that the Habs thought that maybe this was the year that Kilger would become what he was drafted for. Then the injury came, he lost his shot. When he came back, they realized that it was still the same old Kilger that had been passed around the NHL like.... fill in the blank.

Old
02-12-2004, 02:28 PM
goalchenyuk

the team can bench Dagenais but they can't call up a player of the farm team without sending down a other;if they send down Dagenais i think that they have to waive him, no ?

i would be willing to trade Dagenais and a late draft to pitts for Ramzi Abid who is not playing well by now ( i think ).At least is playing a more physical game , but i am sure that he also can scores

Old
02-12-2004, 11:02 PM
oli500

CALL UP HOSSA ! Send DAGENAIS down !

At least hossa wasent scared of going intoo the corners when he with the habs. Thats what we need right now.

Old
02-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Corey

I'd rather not see Dagenais' face any longer.

Old
02-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Cariboux

They said on Sports 30 before the game that CJ had a long conversation with Dagenais because he was not playing like he should. Maybe it's his last chance

Closed Thread