HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Biggest Habs rival: Bruins, Leafs, or Nordiques?

View Poll Results: Our Biggest Rival?
Leafs 55 26.57%
Bruins 100 48.31%
Sens 9 4.35%
Other 3 1.45%
Nordiques 40 19.32%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Skrudland

vCash: 500
I have to say Boston as well. They'll definitely give us more trouble this year and when you say arch enemy, I can think of no team that better fits that phrase right now.

Skrudland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Noldo

Shouldn't the correct answer to the question in title be "whoever signs Sundin"?

The team giving Habs hard time? Penguins is good bet, but I would not cout out Rangers either.

Noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

Ottawa fans are not cool. We will win the season series against them, Gerber sucks!

Boston will be our Lex Luther this year, but like Superman we will come out on top.

Didn't we split the series with the Pens last year, I think they took a hit losing Hossa, Laraque, and Armstrong who played well against us.

I am looking forward to kicking the Leafs when they are down, they did it to us for a while and now it's payback time, especially if we land Sundin.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I expect the Philly games to be special this season. We have something to prove after the playoff's & were much tougher now.

Of course even though the Leafs are re-building, they always play the Habs like it's a game 7 Cup playoff game. The Leafs are "Forever Rivals"

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 10:59 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Pitt or the Rangers.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Arch Enemy = Toronto...they are the Enemy for me...Games I won't miss are against Philly (Montreal will up their games against them, they have something to prove).

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Corey

I lament the loss of the opportunity to defeat Boston 8 times next season because of the rescheduling.

Seriously, it's difficult to predict which teams will fare best against the Habs in their regular season matchups. The Habs had problems against the Senators, Penguins, Rangers, Caps, the Florida teams, and even Toronto. As for winning the East Conference title, the Penguins will probably be the betting choice.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post
Montreal loses 3 games to Boston and now we're somehow the underdog in some people's eyes. I don't get that.
It's unreal, isn't it?

People are getting to be a bit too fearful of the Bruins around these parts. Losing Metropolit, Murray and Auld while injecting Ryder, a returning from a serious concussion Bergeron and a returning from a serious knee injury Fernandez won't automatically make them into a powerhouse. We won't sweep them this year, but I still see us winning the season series.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

I just went with the Title 'Arch Enemy' for 2008 - 2009.

Its always been and always will be Toronto for Me, I despise that team and yes its borderline Hate. I don't like them, I don't like the coverage given to them...CotU crap...I see them (the team and the Media) as bunch of wannabes...wannabe CotU, Mecca, Great Team where Every Single Player wants to play for them...Perenniel Cup Contenders etc etc etc....yes I hate them

Old
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
It's unreal, isn't it?

People are getting to be a bit too fearful of the Bruins around these parts. Losing Metropolit, Murray and Auld while injecting Ryder, a returning from a serious concussion Bergeron and a returning from a serious knee injury Fernandez won't automatically make them into a powerhouse. We won't sweep them this year, but I still see us winning the season series.
The only problem I can see is losing the first game we have vs. the Bruins and the ****storm of Bruins fans bragging on Hfboards that would surely follow...

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
WeezyHabFan

The Leafs ?

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:37 PM
CrisisInMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
If I could pick a team we could sweep this year it would easily be Ottawa. Their fans annoyed the **** out of me last year. Normally I'd pick the Leafs over anyone, but that team is going to be just brutal and it's not as fun to kick a team when their down.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. I can't stand Sens fans and I can't stand that team. I hate them more than Toronto, Boston or Pittsburgh. I think this is the year our rivalry with them finally heats up. The Leafs are a joke, we're still better than Boston and know we own them, and we dont play Pittsburgh enough. Also, I think MTL and Ottawa are going to be battling for the division all season long. Getting rid of the Emery and Redden and all their alledged off-ice problems is addition by subrtaction. They also have a much better coach this season who won't let himself get jerked around like Paddock did. Having Georges Laraque around will certainly help keep Chris Neil in check. Now we won't have to worry about Komisarek breaking his hand while kicking his @$$. Ugh! I'm getting angry just thinking about that team.

CrisisInMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 05:08 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresNoOtherNames View Post
The Leafs ?
I wouldn't have put the sarcasm smiley. The Leafs always give us trouble, even last year when we were good and they were bad. Games against them are always close.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Do you guys know the meaning of Arch Enemy? I'm not saying even though games between the two teams have been close, that I'd worried about them. They are the Arch Enemy in every sense of the word for me.

Old
08-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Kikizaz

If you mean, we will struggle but perservere in a brilliant 7 game series...

Dallas or Vancouver!

Hesus Price earns his icetime in a brilliant battle between top goalies!!!

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 05:40 PM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I wouldn't have put the sarcasm smiley. The Leafs always give us trouble, even last year when we were good and they were bad. Games against them are always close.
yes this is true, last year with sundin and tucker they gave us trouble.. but i guess they have grabovski now!
But seriously of course the Pens are going to be one, and I also think the Devils will be trouble for us

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Maxpac

i hear enemy and all i see is Laraque beating the **** out of someone and Lappierre laughing in his face

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
LV Hab

The only two teams i could put in a arch enemy category would be Ottawa or Boston. From the crap I read on HF to encounters with both sets of fans I have already built up a solid hate for them. Both teams are in our division so we will play them a lot. There is a lot of left over bad blood between both teams and with Georges backing up Lapierre a lot more will be created.
Pittsburgh lost pretty much all of their agitators (Laraque, Ruutu to Ottawa, Armstrong), they are a team we will need to beat to get to the cup, but I just don't see a lot of bad blood there.
Philly games will be awesome, but Umberger was the guy i hated the most and he's gone so not them.
Devils have Brodeur that's almost enough, but not quite.

HM to the Leafs, they will always be hated and I will always heckle them especially at the Bell Center, but beyond that they are a non factor.

LV Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Nedved

i hate philly.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
i hate philly.
I completelyeffingagree!

buncha efftards

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
I cant think of a team I hate more than Boston..and it's not because they give us fits, because they can barely ever compete with us, we school them so often, but they're just the freakin Bruins, man.

No team have we faced more, no team have we beat more, no team do we have a bigger rivalry with.

Some people actually say TO, and sure, while they are one of our biggest rivals, they for a long time were't even in our conference, and a lot of the steam left.

Boston has never left..like a bad habit they linger,...they are gluttons for further punishment and demand to have their ***** handed to them over and over again.
And yet each year they seem to wanna believe they can compete, or even better, that they're better...I hate their fans too. And beating Boston helps me feel good, knowing their fans aren't satisfied.

Boston will always be Montreal main enemy, even if they are not our biggest threat.

Tucker316* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 09:19 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Vancouver so that we can get Sundin to get a hat-trick against them

But realistically i think MTL/PIT can have a nice old power struggle.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Bumjoo Wang*

I'd say it's gonna be the usual suspects - Toronto, Ottawa, Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, NYR, basically all the other strong teams in the west.

One team that I hate the Habs playing against though is Florida, for some reason we always seem to lose against them, don't know if it's factually right, we might have had their number last season, but still..

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 07:03 AM
HabsOfSteel

Philly doesn't have Umberger anymore, we can start owning them again.

HabsOfSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 09:42 AM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post

Didn't we split the series with the Pens last year, I think they took a hit losing Hossa, Laraque, and Armstrong who played well against us.
Very True.

My hatred for Boston is quite high because they have a target for the hatred: Chara
Toronto has lost Tucker...

Pittsburg I think will downright nasty this season with them.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote