HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ek: Rangers ALSO after Bouwmeester

Old
05-18-2008, 07:38 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I don't even want to think about it. The idea of Bouwmeester and Staal as our #1 and #2 defenseman gets me too excited and actually gives me hope for slowing down the Penguins.

I still think we're a little light on wingers, but if the Rangers can get Bo without giving up Staal, Dubinsky or young roster defenseman, I'll be happy.

The deal would have to be based around Sanguinetti, picks and no more than one from a pool of Prucha, Callahan or Dawes.

Ideally? I'd be happy with Sanguinetti, Prucha a first in '08 and a second in '09 for Bo and a throw in.
You would rather give up Bobby S than either Tyutin or Girardi?

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
You would rather give up Bobby S than either Tyutin or Girardi?
I think it comes down to Tyutin and Sanguinetti.

I don't think Girardi "replaces" either of them in a deal nor am I inclided to include two of the three in a deal. (For example i'm not willing to give up both Girardi and Sanguinetti)

While I think Sanguinetti has the upside, I roll the dice that the unknown doesn't come back to bite me.

I weigh Sanguinetti's potential (50-60 point defenseman, PP QB) Vs. Tyutin's (30-35 points) and decide to keep a guy who is already on my roster. I move forward with the belief that a top 4 of Bo, Staal, Tyutin and Girardi is a great core to build around and features guys in ideal roles.

The trade also hangs on the hopes that in the right system and with the right defensive core, Bo might just become the stud defenseman he's capable of being in the next three years.

It comes back to basic starting point of not giving too much away from the main roster. Sanguinetti has a chance to become a scoring stud but I also know there is a price to pay for top young talent and I can't fully afford to sacrifice as much as of 1/3 of my projected defense for the next few years.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
If I actually had a choice here, I'd move Tyutin and sign Orpik for his place on the roster.

Keep Sanguinetti if we could. But I somehow think that he'd be on the demand list for J-Bo regardless.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 07:52 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I think it comes down to Tyutin and Sanguinetti.

I don't think Girardi "replaces" either of them in a deal nor am I inclided to include two of the three in a deal. (For example i'm not willing to give up both Girardi and Sanguinetti)

While I think Sanguinetti has the upside, I roll the dice that the unknown doesn't come back to bite me.

I weigh Sanguinetti's potential (50-60 point defenseman, PP QB) Vs. Tyutin's (30-35 points) and decide to keep a guy who is already on my roster. I move forward with the belief that a top 4 of Bo, Staal, Tyutin and Girardi is a great core to build around and features guys in ideal roles.

The trade also hangs on the hopes that in the right system and with the right defensive core, Bo might just become the stud defenseman he's capable of being in the next three years.

It comes back to basic starting point of not giving too much away from the main roster. Sanguinetti has a chance to become a scoring stud but I also know there is a price to pay for top young talent and I can't fully afford to sacrifice as much as of 1/3 of my projected defense for the next few years.

I look it as Bouwmeester is a clear upgrade over Tyutin. So, the roster already is improved. Plus, I'll admit that Tyutin's so-so 2nd half, combined with his dreadful playoff performance has me down on him. Plus, with the surplus of diminutive forwards the Rangers have, adding someone from the roster creates space for more versatile forwards to emerge.

Old
05-18-2008, 07:58 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Problem is that Muckler had no idea on how to get him to that point.

With everything from trying to turn him into a LW to giving him 4 minutes a night on the fourth line (if even and on the nights he was in the lineup), Muckler simply blew that one.

I still think Malhotra could've been a bit more if brought along properly, but that's neither here nor there. At the end of the day, Muckler didn't develop him into a third line center and it took years for Malhotra to even get back on track.

Ironically, Malhotra is the type of kid who would've excelled in our current system. He just came a decade too soon. Although realizing that it has been a decade blows my mind. 97,98 and 99 are my most heartbreaking drafts.
Manny became stuck in the middle of a tug of war game between Smith & Muckler, I bought into Smiths argument & villified Muckler, I was wrong. The Ranger experiance nearly destroyed Malholotra's NHL career, up until 2 years ago he was considered a bust an almost out of the leauge. Glad he got it together.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 08:06 PM
NYR Viper

i would really like to keep sanguinetti however for boumeester is a better version of him....however i would rather give up 2 first rounders and tyutin and dawes for him

1st 08
1st 09
tyutin
dawes

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

To FLA: Sanguinetti, Prucha, 1st 09, 2nd 08, 3rd 09

To NYR: Boumeester, 5th 09

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 08:45 PM
xander

Quote:

The deal would have to be based around Sanguinetti, picks and no more than one from a pool of Prucha, Callahan or Dawes.
I would love to be able to give up one of those players instead of a tyutin or girardi, but I think it's extreemly hard to pry away a team's best defensemen (who is only 24 years old) without giving them a replacement. Sanguinetti, at this point, is not NHL ready. I think you could base a deal around Sanguinetti, but I'd doubt florida bites unless you give them someone to step in immedietly.

Last edited by xander: 05-18-2008 at 09:01 PM.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
To FLA: Sanguinetti, Prucha, 1st 09, 2nd 08, 3rd 09

To NYR: Boumeester, 5th 09
I'd do that deal.

It would be great to acquire a guy like Orpik on the open market afterwards.

Frankly, I'd PREFER to move Tyutin in the deal over Sanguinetti, but I think that Florida might ask for Bobby Sangs over Tyutin.

Old
05-18-2008, 09:37 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
I don't even want to think about it. The idea of Bouwmeester and Staal as our #1 and #2 defenseman gets me too excited and actually gives me hope for slowing down the Penguins.
That's a great point.

Quote:
I still think we're a little light on wingers, but if the Rangers can get Bo without giving up Staal, Dubinsky or young roster defenseman, I'll be happy.

Ideally? I'd be happy with Sanguinetti, Prucha a first in '08 and a second in '09 for Bo and a throw in.
Honestly Edge, with Florida's pool of great young talent, - Horton, Weiss, Booth, Frolik, Matthias, Stewart, McArdle - I don't see the Panthers having a need for forwards like Callahan, Dawes, and Prucha.

I could definitely see them asking for Sanguinetti, Girardi/Tyutin/Defensive Prospect (Sauer?), and a 1st and maybe a 2nd.

Steep price to pay, but you're not gonna get Bouwmeester for a pile of crap just because he's an impending RFA.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Prucha, Dawes, and Callahan have little or no value in a potential deal of this caliber.

Even Sanguinetti, a player that has zero NHL experience, and is probably still a ways away would be nothing more than a throw in.

Bouwmeester for Tyutin or Girardi and Dubinsky would probably be a starting point. Those guys actually have value.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 05:52 AM
NY Ranger86

Quote:
Bouwmeester for Tyutin or Girardi and Dubinsky would probably be a starting point. Those guys actually have value.
Is this guy worth that?????

I'd be hesitant to move Tyutin let alone DUBINSKY!!!!!

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 06:00 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Prucha, Dawes, and Callahan have little or no value in a potential deal of this caliber.

Even Sanguinetti, a player that has zero NHL experience, and is probably still a ways away would be nothing more than a throw in.

That's simply not true. He's worth as much as a Tyutin or a Girardi. Easily.

The guy is certainly worth a hell of a lot more than a simple throw-in. C'mon.

Old
05-19-2008, 07:51 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
Is this guy worth that?????

I'd be hesitant to move Tyutin let alone DUBINSKY!!!!!
Can I ask why? Bouwmeester is a MAJOR upgrade over Tyutin. I would have NO problem putting him in the deal. The problem becomes how much more it will cost.

Three scenarios -

1) Staal, Tyutin, Girardi and Sanguinetti

2) Staal, Bouwmeester, Tyutin and Girardi

3) Staal, Bouwmeester, Girardi and Sanguinetti

which one do you opt for?

Give me scenario #3 in a heartbeat.

Old
05-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
That's simply not true. He's worth as much as a Tyutin or a Girardi. Easily.

The guy is certainly worth a hell of a lot more than a simple throw-in. C'mon.
Maybe, but unfortunately, the Florida Panthers will not be drinking the Ranger fan's prospect kool-aid when/if it comes time to deal their stud defenseman.

If you were to offer Sanguinetti and Prucha for a guy like Bouwmeester, you'd be laughed out of the negotiations.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 10:13 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Maybe, but unfortunately, the Florida Panthers will not be drinking the Ranger fan's prospect kool-aid when/if it comes time to deal their stud defenseman.

If you were to offer Sanguinetti and Prucha for a guy like Bouwmeester, you'd be laughed out of the negotiations.
Right, but you'd also be laughed out of the room if you offered Tyutin/Girardi and Prucha for Bouwmeester. Sanguinetti's value isn't due to "drinking the kool aid", he has developed nicely since being a 1st round pick and has a good shot at being an NHL PP QB, something alot of teams desire.

05-19-2008, 10:19 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:

What alot of you aren't considering is that if Florida is willing to move him then there is a reason...(whether it be money, etc.)

Tyutin, Prucha, AA, 1st in 08, 2nd in 09 is not a laughable offer if florida is willing to move jBo, especially if money is part of the issue. Florida has been known to move pricey players for a handful of cheaper servicable players. Tyutin, while not jBo, is a defenseman for the next 10yrs, Prucha could easily be a 20+ goal scorer

Let me put it to you this way, if the rangers were known to trade away high priced talent and staals contract was ending, would i trade Staal to the habs for
streit, ryder, a 1st, a second and a top prospect? yes i would.

Would i like more yes, but you cant always get what you want

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 11:43 AM
NYR Viper

i know this is a crazy idea, however, what if the rangers traded tyutin and prucha to edmonton for pitkanen and then turned around and traded pitkanen and dawes and a 1sr in 08 for boumeester?

Old
05-19-2008, 11:47 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i know this is a crazy idea, however, what if the rangers traded tyutin and prucha to edmonton for pitkanen and then turned around and traded pitkanen and dawes and a 1sr in 08 for boumeester?
lol, Fl would never do that. They'd basically be exchanging JBo for Pitkanen which would be silly.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 11:52 AM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Any thread that starts with EK is 99.9% pure crap.

I would say that's and E5

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 12:04 PM
The New Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
lol, Fl would never do that. They'd basically be exchanging JBo for Pitkanen which would be silly.
I wasn't aware you can't get anything for Dawes and a 1st.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 01:51 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingasitseems View Post
I wasn't aware you can't get anything for Dawes and a 1st.
Florida doesn't need wingers. He's more or less a throw in. Besides, don't you think Florida would want to deal Directly with Edmonton in such a deal? Edmonton's 1st is quite a ways ahead of ours.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 02:50 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
So, we'd go from having 13 players under contract to having 11, and Bowmeester would probably end up making as much as Tyutin, Prucha and Dawes combined. If we made these deals, who exactly would fill the other 12 spots? Even if we bring up 3 kids and resign Vally, Struds, Jagr and Straka, that doesn't leave a whole lot of money to fill the final 5 roster spots.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 02:57 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Florida doesn't need wingers. He's more or less a throw in. Besides, don't you think Florida would want to deal Directly with Edmonton in such a deal? Edmonton's 1st is quite a ways ahead of ours.
EDM doesnt have their 1st

Old
05-19-2008, 03:01 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
So, we'd go from having 13 players under contract to having 11, and Bowmeester would probably end up making as much as Tyutin, Prucha and Dawes combined. If we made these deals, who exactly would fill the other 12 spots? Even if we bring up 3 kids and resign Vally, Struds, Jagr and Straka, that doesn't leave a whole lot of money to fill the final 5 roster spots.
jagr-dubi-avery
ryder-gomez-drury
korpikoski-anisimov-callahan
sjostrom-betts-orr

boumeester-staal
girardi-stuart
orpik-backman
struds

hank vally

idk if that would fit under the cap but orpik or stuart can be switched for potter to save space and that only integrates 3 rookies(korpikoski, anisimov,potter?(maybe))