HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I want a trade!

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2004, 02:59 PM
go habsgo

vCash: 500
trade

i am getting pissed off with bob gainey if he would have wanted to trade he would have done it allready but he will probably do nothing not even march 9 every body is trading except him i guess we are to good obvious lack of offense but i guess only the fans see it al the players available will go elsewhere and we wil say we tried but they were asking to much when you see the other team give peanuts away for the palyer we wil be stuck with what e have yeah

Old
02-11-2004, 03:03 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by go habsgo
i am getting pissed off with bob gainey if he would have wanted to trade he would have done it allready but he will probably do nothing not even march 9 every body is trading except him i guess we are to good obvious lack of offense but i guess only the fans see it al the players available will go elsewhere and we wil say we tried but they were asking to much when you see the other team give peanuts away for the palyer we wil be stuck with what e have yeah
Well, since we are in a rebuilding plan still, there is no point of making a trade that will make us better this year and weaken our future. That's how I see it. And I believe there probably isn't that many teams interested in players we have and the value they have for the team. Most of the time, players have a greater value inside the team then they do at the eyes of other teams. Therefore Bog Gainey probably doens't feal like he should make a trade

Old
02-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Gros Bill

??? I agree, Bob Gainey should trade, just for the sake of trading. That way, fans will be happy, because at least we traded someone.

Old
02-11-2004, 03:17 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
i don"t know why you think that if he would have wanted to trade he would have done it allready ?
the team is 12 points ahead Buff so there is no rush to do something

Old
02-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Darz

Quote:
How do you know Bob hasn't been making phone calls. I'm sure Gainey has looked into some trades, but doesn't like the ransom he would have to part with to acquire certain players. I really doubt he is just sitting there doing nothing.

Give him some credit. Sometimes the best trade is the one you DON'T make.

Old
02-11-2004, 03:27 PM
tritone

Brash

Quote:
And just how many stanley cups do you have?
Faith in Bob , He is making and HAS MADE small moves that drastically improved this team .
Remember just 6 months ago all the experts were saying the HABS would finish the season in last place....we are in a good playoff spot at the moment , what's the rush? Are you related to Rejean Houle in any way ?

Last edited by tritone: 02-11-2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old
02-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Habber

Quote:
First of all I think you should get a prize for writing the longest sentence of all time.

Secondly, this kind of thinking is what keeps teams at the bottom of the standings. Making a trade just for the sake of making a trade in not a way to build a good team. We are short on offence, but so are 25 other teams in the league so the asking price for good offensive players is high. BG has to weigh the cost of immediate help versus waiting for the kids to develop.

Old
02-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Theres no reason for us to start making trades. Unless we rid our team of all our prospects we don`t have anything to offer that wouldn`t hurt us in the end. We aren`t ready to make a cup run yet so hang onto what we`ve got continue developing our prospects and go as far as we can in the playoffs with the team we`ve got.

Old
02-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Firthbird
#Drivefor25

There is no point in making a trade just for the sake of making it. We don't want to be like the Rangers, who everytime they go on a losing streak end up making a trade for an over-paid older age player.

We've been through these types of threads before, where a new guy wants to be noticed on the board. Think before writing. Common is there really a point for making a trade when we are 7 games over .500 ??? I don't think so. We haven't been 7 games over since the 98' season. That right there to me is an accomplishment in its own.

Old
02-11-2004, 04:47 PM
go habsgo

i want a trade

excuse me but i dont want to just get noticed your judging me i am just giving my oppinion like you are. :mad:

Old
02-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
You know, I'd like a trade too but then I look at our team on paper, and there is nothing ('cept our core players of course) that other teams would be even remotely interested in. You can't trade when you have nothing as baits.

The only baits we have is our prospects and these guys are our future. We can't trade them.

So we're stuck with what we have until some contracts are done and some players retire/sign elsewhere. The only way we'll acquire some new players is via free agency imo.

Old
02-11-2004, 05:39 PM
goalchenyuk

i think that Darz is having a really good point when he said that we don't know Bob if Gainey hasn't been making phone calls,and that Gainey has looked into some trades, but doesn't like the ransom he would have to part with to acquire certain players.

since Gainey doesn't want to give our futur and since he's not in the kind of dream world where he can trade Perreault ,Bulis and a 3 th for Smyth, may be he simply didn't trade because he can't do a good trade

Old
02-11-2004, 07:19 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Give it a rest. You posted the exact same thing in the Ryan Smyth thread, and you don't even take the time to say what sort of trade you think would make sense for the team.

Quote:
excuse me but i dont want to just get noticed your judging me i am just giving my oppinion like you are. :mad:
Hollow opinions. You cry for a trade - any trade - but refuse to offer an example of a trade that would make sense and address the needs of the respective teams. Take some more time to think about your opinions before going for the "stream of consciousness" approach in your posting and trying to pass off these nuggets as real opinions. By the way, can you actually bother to use some punctuation? Your posts are really difficult to read.

Old
02-11-2004, 11:00 PM
hosehead

When I saw the title of your thread I thought it meant YOU wanted to be traded to another forum!!

Anyways, like everyone says never trade for the sake of trading. BG knows what the team needs but so do the other GMs. He'll wait for the right deal -- there's no pressure, this is a young team with alot of upside. Any deal made now has to fit into the long term plans. BG already said he'd figure any deal he makes would probably be minor, so he's got to be picky.

Old
02-12-2004, 06:32 AM
SHUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosehead
When I saw the title of your thread I thought it meant YOU wanted to be traded to another forum!!
I think we should trade him for Jonny V and future considerations

Old
02-12-2004, 06:34 AM
SHUDO

Quote:
I agree. we should trade Koivu, Ribs and Zeddy to the Corner Brook Royals for Terry Ryan and Todd Gillingnham (sp?) Will that satisfy you since you didn't specify what type of trade? you just wanted a trade

Old
02-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
??? I agree, Bob Gainey should trade, just for the sake of trading. That way, fans will be happy, because at least we traded someone.
Love your post.

You know, when I read the title of this thread I got the mental image of a kid stomping his feet and embarrassing his parents at Walmart, pointing at the lollipops. :p

Old
02-12-2004, 08:38 AM
GilleZ

Come on guys, he just gave his opinion, i to want a trade badly. I always want a trade. Its always fun to have some change in the roster. Look, every one is happy that beauchemin is coming to help us. Immagine Ryan Smyth or Denis Gauthier on our team. Way to cheer up the fans. We laugh at the Rangers because they got Jagr, but if he was picked up by BG, i would have been an happy fan, like the rangers fan are.

But I remember A. Savard always said: You make a trade if you think you will be a better team after. I think its the reality of every team who is not selling (Pitsburg hehe). So i'm sure that BG will not make a trade just to make a trade, because the only reason to make a trade is to be better after.

Old
02-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleZ
Come on guys, he just gave his opinion, We laugh at the Rangers because they got Jagr, but if he was picked up by BG, i would have been an happy fan, like the rangers fan are..
Ok, maybe that was uncalled for. It was just the way it read, and I thought it was funny.

As for the Rags, their fans were not happy when they got Jagr. They boo'd. As for Jagr in a Habs jersey...that would have been a fiasco. We would have had to give up a NHL body and absorb that salary on top of the black cloud that follows him.

Jagr is awesome, but haven't you noticed that for the past 3-4 years, he is always running into trouble because of his attitude and lack of any work ethic. Do you want that on the Habs? Plus his production has slipped.

and... he is the type of player and contract that is the root of the future lockout.

Old
02-12-2004, 08:54 AM
GilleZ

I dont want Jagr to, i was just pointing that a trade puts life in the hart of a fan, hehe. It makes the fan interested in his team. Its somethime for a short time, but its still fun to be part of that.

Old
02-12-2004, 09:30 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUDO
I agree. we should trade Koivu, Ribs and Zeddy to the Corner Brook Royals for Terry Ryan and Todd Gillingnham (sp?) Will that satisfy you since you didn't specify what type of trade? you just wanted a trade
http://www.cbroyals.com/Todd_Gillingham-35.htm

I think Todd would be a great addition if only for his sense of humour. Read his quote "speed kills,...

Old
02-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUDO
I think we should trade him for Jonny V and future considerations
Talk about the steal of the century!!!!!

Old
02-12-2004, 01:21 PM
habs_pat

Can't Make a Trade just for fun

I agree with what A. Savard said that you make a trade when you think that you will be better a team.

The problem now is with the CBA near it's end, it's hard for tight budget teams to make a trade in these circonstances. Also, I'm pretty sure that almost everybody would like Perreault to be traded, but at 3 millions a year, it's hard and also the facts that he's UFA at the end of the year.

Sure I would like a trade but if we look at next year, with Juneau probably retiring, Perreault gone, maybe even Quintal, there will be enough room for either a UFA, some new prospects or a trade.

Old
02-12-2004, 01:50 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_pat
I agree with what A. Savard said that you make a trade when you think that you will be better a team.

The problem now is with the CBA near it's end, it's hard for tight budget teams to make a trade in these circonstances. Also, I'm pretty sure that almost everybody would like Perreault to be traded, but at 3 millions a year, it's hard and also the facts that he's UFA at the end of the year.

Sure I would like a trade but if we look at next year, with Juneau probably retiring, Perreault gone, maybe even Quintal, there will be enough room for either a UFA, some new prospects or a trade.
it's not 3 millions since +- 2/3 of the season is alreaedy done...so it's more 800,000 $ left to pay...

and about the $$$ of the retiring , they are going to use it for Souray, Ribeiro and other players new contract

Closed Thread