HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumour : Teemu To Mtl

Old
05-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUTH OF HABS View Post
bunch of negative nancy's in here. just because he hasn't come the last 6 seasons doesn't mean this isn't the year.

CHECK THE BAD KARMA AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE THREAD PLEASE.
You seem to be obsessed with all caps. It's bad posting etiquette.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Iwishihadacup

who bumbed an old thread?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
The entire hockey community is like TMZ, The Enquirer etc so I wouldn't dare make that statement. I hate rumors, all of them... they rarely come true and it just makes people here turn on each other.

He's in the business of gossip and nothing more, with no accountability to his stories everyone gets worked up about. I have nothing against him personally, its a great gig if you can get it. Hockey rumors are just a distraction, they mean nothing unless they actually come true.

I just found it amusing Eklund is off limits, like he's an icon in the sport. I mean, if you can dish out the gossip... prepare to take a beating when it doesn't happen as you state it would.
We are definitely on the same page. I don't really hate rumours though, because I'm smart enough to realise that some of them make sense and some are just total BS.
Sometimes rumours can be fun, as long as they are taken for what they are...just rumours.

As for Eklund being off-limits. Since Eklund is a poster on HF, he should be covered under the same rules as anyone else. If I decided to take shots at your character, I would expect a warning, or maybe even to be banned. Like him or not, Eklund as a poster deserves the same.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:32 PM
znk

Quote:
The entire hockey community is like TMZ, The Enquirer etc so I wouldn't dare make that statement. I hate rumors, all of them... they rarely come true and it just makes people here turn on each other.

He's in the business of gossip and nothing more, with no accountability to his stories everyone gets worked up about. I have nothing against him personally, its a great gig if you can get it. Hockey rumors are just a distraction, they mean nothing unless they actually come true.

I just found it amusing Eklund is off limits, like he's an icon in the sport. I mean, if you can dish out the gossip... prepare to take a beating when it doesn't happen as you state it would.
No...he's off limits like other posters here. The rules are the same for everyone. If he didnt post here you could say what ever you want.

And as for rumours....you only hate them because you think everyone believes them. Why not take them for what they are, a good opportunity to discuss possibilities.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUTH OF HABS View Post

Let's see...........this is a rumor started by.........EKLUND ????

I wouldn't get excited about anything that Eklund says!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Im not use to hearing this Selanne to Montreal rumor in May,it usually happens in September...

Comon Teemu,just say yes..

Would Komi give him #8

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Im not use to hearing this Selanne to Montreal rumor in May,it usually happens in September...

Comon Teemu,just say yes..

Would Komi give him #8
That was my first response. "Isn't this happening a little early?"

Old
05-14-2008, 10:47 PM
One Trick Pony

I think we should have a rule for Eklund related rumours. Everytime Eklund says we will get a player, we have to make a thread in here saying he wont come. So this should be Teemu Not To Mtl. Because Eklund is a jinx..

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-15-2008 at 01:40 PM.
One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:58 PM
anarmandaleb

Did anyone read past the rumour part because I really liked the analysis of the Penguins-Flyers series. Eklund should email Carbo.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

No Thanks

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
No Thanks
Fair enough, can I ask why?

Old
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
No...he's off limits like other posters here. The rules are the same for everyone. If he didnt post here you could say what ever you want.
Yeah well, you and I see this differently. If Johny V was on this board daily, posting rumours that never happened regarding the Habs, you'd be calling for his banning.

Quote:
And as for rumours....you only hate them because you think everyone believes them. Why not take them for what they are, a good opportunity to discuss possibilities.
It just turns into a bash fest for the most part. I enjoy trade when they actually happen and the discussion that follows. News flash : Most people do take what Eklund say seriously, hence the 35 page threads over his rumours.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
There might be some truth to that rumour.....didn't we see a great pass from Saku to Teemu and then the smiled at each other...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
That was my first response. "Isn't this happening a little early?"
we think alike,I did not see all the posts since I just got hope and saw 3 pages on this

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Yeah well, you and I see this differently. If Johny V was on this board daily, posting rumours that never happened regarding the Habs, you'd be calling for his banning.
A JohnyV doesn't have his own website that receives 1000's of hits per day. He also doesn't have respected sports journalist working for him. Hell even Bob McKenzie has come on HF boards and given credit to Eklund.

Edit: JohnyV is also a Bruins fan, in my books that's reason enough that he get banned.

Old
05-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Habs

Quote:
We are definitely on the same page. I don't really hate rumours though, because I'm smart enough to realise that some of them make sense and some are just total BS.
Sometimes rumours can be fun, as long as they are taken for what they are...just rumours.
True enough.

Quote:
If I decided to take shots at your character, I would expect a warning, or maybe even to be banned.
Happens all the time, I could care less though, I deserve a lot of the stuff thrown my way. I mean, if you were calling me an idiot for the rumours I kept posting.... because they weren't true.. or I didn't have to own up to my articles etc... I'd understand.

Quote:
Like him or not, Eklund as a poster deserves the same.
Can't have it both ways, can he? If he wants to post anonymously .. sure.. but if he's posting as Eklund, prepare to face the music.

Old
05-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Happens all the time, I could care less though, I deserve a lot of the stuff thrown my way. I mean, if you were calling me an idiot for the rumours I kept posting.... because they weren't true.. or I didn't have to own up to my articles etc... I'd understand.

Can't have it both ways, can he? If he wants to post anonymously .. sure.. but if he's posting as Eklund, prepare to face the music.
Well it shouldn't happen, I have been guilty of it a few times in the past. Maybe not directed at you, but at others.

We really shouldn't step down so low if we disagree. Personally I don't know how he gets his information, and some of the stuff I read just makes me laugh.

But since I don't have access to the information he gets, I can't really pass a judgement on him.

I also understand your point about Eklund posting using his own name. But rules are rules, and weither we agree or disagree, they are and should be the same for everyone.

Old
05-15-2008, 12:12 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
ROFLMAO, he went out of semi-retirement to play for ANH not montreal. And hes old bound to retire very soon, so NO [B]i don't want this guy[B].
Who cares???? He delivers. Who said we want him for ten years???? Can Saku have some help please???? He would be great for this team... Wow !!!! incredibly incredible! Who on earth other than a frickin prospect is good enough for us? I read posts and see A LOT of people say Selanne is too much this, Jagr is not enough that, Hossa does not deliver in the playoffs etc... I want a Hossa Selanne Jagr and cie THIS SUMMER. Who cares about D'agostini when we have Hossa??? D'ago can play in the minors a year or too...Unless it's lecavalier, Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Malkin or a frickin 3rd line prospect, it is not good enough for the habs. Hossa is not in the same category as those guys but he would be a GREAT addition to this team any way you look at it. Same for selanne and others. AND IT IS FOR FREE!!!! NOTHING LOST. NADA. The crosbys of this world will stay where they are. They will never play for us. We now have to look at what we can REALISTICALLY do to get better. Ask the leaders of this team if they would like some help. We have a young team. We need quality vets like these to keep on getting better. Look at the Caps and Penguins. They were rewarded for sucking ass. We still have to find a way to be able to beat them. Because as talented as we are... they are and/or will be more talented than us.

Anyway you look at it they'd be complementary pieces because we don't need to be saved. Having a guy like one of these makes you a better team right away. Hell I'd even sign chelios as a 6th 7th d man next year. Who cares if they are old... we rent them a year or 2 anyway...

Last edited by peperebougon*: 05-15-2008 at 12:33 AM.
peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Habs

Quote:
Personally I don't know how he gets his information, and some of the stuff I read just makes me laugh.

But since I don't have access to the information he gets, I can't really pass a judgement on him.
You make good points, maybe I should just relax a bit.. its only rumours/rumors/rumoirs after all. I'm still pissed about the Philly series, takes some time to get over things

Old
05-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Ducksforcup
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Ha, this rumor comes up EVERY year and every year it never happens.

Selanne is a Duck or he is with nobody.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 12:34 AM
peperebougon*

Are we quacking on your board???

Old
05-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
Ha, this rumor comes up EVERY year and every year it never happens.

Selanne is a Duck or he is with nobody.
Well, if YOU say so, we better forget it...

To be honest, I don't put much credit in Eklund, and I don't really believe this rumor. But if he was interested, I sure hope Bob would do his best to get it done. Selanne would be a great sniper to play with Saku on the first or second line, wathever you want to call it. I really think they would do great together. I just hope this is the time this rumor come true.

Jamie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 01:08 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Teemu is old

We already have two old guys who have maybe two years left in them. The only old guy I would consider is Sundin.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 01:14 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Teemu is old

We already have two old guys who have maybe two years left in them. The only old guy I would consider is Sundin.
who cares if he is 17 or 47 if we sign him for one or 2 years... what difference does it make???? That type of reasoning irritates me. Our good forward prospect that are nhl ready ARE IN THE NHL!!!!! We need quality vets too!!!! Look at detroit and dallas.

Old
05-15-2008, 06:08 AM
suprez

Sundin Over selanee .. Twice the sunday and 10 time the saturday.

Mats Sundin , Age 37 , ***********Center*************
Height 6 ft 5
231 lb

vs
Teemu , Age 38 , Right Winger
Height 6 ft 0
205 Lbs

WHo you pick seriously? Are you BLIND?

Last edited by suprez: 05-15-2008 at 06:16 AM.
suprez is offline   Reply With Quote