HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Top Peewee/Bantam/Midget Tournaments in the World?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2008, 06:25 AM
  #1
JFA87-66-99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Top Peewee/Bantam/Midget Tournaments in the World?

I'm trying to find some info on the best Peewee/Bantam/Midget Tournaments in the world. And too see If they have any individual awards or tournament All-star teams,etc. I'm sure that they do have these but I wanted to know for sure, and if there individual awards have any specific names and what they stand for? I know of a few tournaments already like the Silver Stick Tournament. And a few of there ind. awards. What do there Ward & Moss Awards get awarded for? Any info would be great. Thanks

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 06:54 AM
  #2
Canuck71
Registered User
 
Canuck71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,330
vCash: 500
Quebec International Peewee Tournament.
Toronto Marlboros Holiday Classic.
Mac's AAA Hockey Tournament.

These are 3 of the biggest tournaments in North America every year

Canuck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 07:03 AM
  #3
Canadiens1958
Registered User
 
Canadiens1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,115
vCash: 500
More Specific

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFA87-66-99 View Post
I'm trying to find some info on the best Peewee/Bantam/Midget Tournaments in the world. And too see If they have any individual awards or tournament All-star teams,etc. I'm sure that they do have these but I wanted to know for sure, and if there individual awards have any specific names and what they stand for? I know of a few tournaments already like the Silver Stick Tournament. And a few of there ind. awards. What do there Ward & Moss Awards get awarded for? Any info would be great. Thanks
Sanctionned or not? You have to distinguish.

Usually the awards are named after the key founders, volunteers, sponsors.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 08:44 AM
  #4
JFA87-66-99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
Quebec International Peewee Tournament.
Toronto Marlboros Holiday Classic.
Mac's AAA Hockey Tournament.

These are 3 of the biggest tournaments in North America every year
Do these 3 tournaments give out individual awards? MVP or tournament scoring leader,Most goals,All-Star Teams. etc?

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 08:55 AM
  #5
JFA87-66-99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
What about the Silver Sticks Tournament & the Kamloops International Bantam Tournament. Are these 2 tournaments really big or not so much?

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 11:40 AM
  #6
deanosaur
Registered User
 
deanosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AB/MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
that Macs AAA tournament is basically a midget version of the world juniors.

theres pretty big summer tournaments like the Source for Sports AAA hockey challenge in brandon, tons of scouts i hear are there, i dont know how big it is in terms of you guys knowing abuot it

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 01:11 PM
  #7
droller*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 754
vCash: 500
Here are some of the top tournaments I know of..

PeeWee - Quebec Winter Festival tournament (probably the most hyped one out of all tournaments).

Out west...

Bantam - Burnaby Bantam AAA Christmas Tournament attracts top teams from BC, Alaska, Alberta and Washington.

Midget - Richmond Midget AAA Christmas Tournament. Attracts all the top midget teams from all over North America.

droller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 01:12 PM
  #8
droller*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFA87-66-99 View Post
What about the Silver Sticks Tournament & the Kamloops International Bantam Tournament. Are these 2 tournaments really big or not so much?
I believe the Kamloops International is a top tier tournament as well... attracts top teams and run very well each and every year.

droller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 02:31 PM
  #9
Canuck71
Registered User
 
Canuck71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFA87-66-99 View Post
Do these 3 tournaments give out individual awards? MVP or tournament scoring leader,Most goals,All-Star Teams. etc?
Yes all three of these tournaments give out MVP honours, scoring leader awards etc..

I also forgot 2 other big tournaments. The International Silver Stick Tournament which is held for each different age division in Sarnia, Whitby, and Port Huron, Michigan. Another is the OHL Cup which displays the top teams from Ontario and a few American teams that compete near the end of the year infront of hundreds of scouts.

Canuck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 06:01 PM
  #10
JFA87-66-99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
At the Quebec International Peewee Tournament is it just peewee divisions or do they have Minor & Major Midget Divisions as well?

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.