HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT-Hockey Schools

Old
05-18-2008, 09:17 PM
PuckNomad

vCash: 500
OT-Hockey Schools

My Godson is going to hockey school for the first time this summer. His family is originally from the Montreal area (St-Lazare to be precise) and they want him to go somewhere up in that area. Does anyone have a good recommendation? He's young (peewee age), so just a good school with solid instruction. The only one we've found in St-Lazare is Claude Lapointe's school, does anyone know anything about that?

Thanks in advance.

PuckNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 09:22 PM
SpreeEndaz

Did he find himself what type of player he is? Because I think Derek Boogard has a school of how to be a safe goon.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Well I don't know very much on this subject, but when I was much younger my dad signed me up to a hockey school in Anjou. It was an all day hockey program, we'd skate in the morning, eat, play an outdoor sport like soccer/kickball, then come back in the afternoon to play a game and they'd bring in the goalies (who were also in a program) and we'd have a blast. I cant tell you if its still open, I think it is. I had such a good time, I'd recommend it to whoever wants to put their kid into it. The instructors were friendly, and after the summer I had definitely improved. They even bring in a 'star' goalie for our last practice together (it was the goalie Eric Fichaud) and we all got several tries on breakaways with him. Definitely a good choice if you can find if its still available.

(Not sure how close Anjou is to your area)

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 10:59 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

heard good thing about webster academy

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Magic33

i work at one all summer called Hockey Montreal.

Our power skating coach is Anna Sherbatov (she works with alot of NHLers), you also may have heard of her son elie.

Anyway its good for kids of all ages, alot of focus on skating and puck skills. the kids also do off ice activities like ball hockey, swimming, rock climbing, movies etc ...

its at bonaventure arena on cote de liesse.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 11:12 PM
renaissance

Back in the days, I went to a hockey school in Bassard and I had Tretiak as a coach... Although I was a forward, I really enjoyed skating with him...

renaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 11:22 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Elie sherbatov? Where is he now? Is he still playing hockey?

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 08:46 AM
PuckNomad

c'mon guys there has to be more people that know something about this school and people with suggestions about others on this board.

PuckNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudestMonkey27 View Post
My Godson is going to hockey school for the first time this summer. His family is originally from the Montreal area (St-Lazare to be precise) and they want him to go somewhere up in that area. Does anyone have a good recommendation? He's young (peewee age), so just a good school with solid instruction. The only one we've found in St-Lazare is Claude Lapointe's school, does anyone know anything about that?

Thanks in advance.
Hi - send me a private message. I can help. I am the local hockey association president.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote