HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McCabe would approve of a trade to the Rangers

Old
06-27-2008, 03:49 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's why I think it's worth looking at. His contract is more reasonable than Redden, Campbell et al would be.

I agree...think of the deal that SJ pulled off with the Debbies when they were desparate to get under the cap - Malakhov and a #1 for Fahey and someone else I'm forgetting...Prucha and Backman for McCabe and a future pick...the Rangers are only hit with two remaining years after only taking on $1.8 this year.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 04:03 PM
ThisYearsModel

McCabe will end up in Uniondale. That's where he wants to play.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 04:05 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
I don't really think its his call.

06-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Actually from what's been going on over the last week, I'd say it's pretty clear he wants to play in Toronto.

If we could move Backman + something to the Leafs for McCabe, I'd be thrilled. McCabe's point shot is something our PP is severely lacking. Having him AND Rolston on two different units would be pretty hard to compete with. Thats two booming shots from the blue-line.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's why I think it's worth looking at. His contract is more reasonable than Redden, Campbell et al would be.
But he is half the player defensively that Redden and Campbell are. For his 5.7 I would gladly pay another million for Redden or Campbell and have a younger and all around BETTER player.

Not that I am saying I wouldnt take McCabe however not via trade unless its very favorable. If he is bought out then offer him a reasonable contract Malik/Maraesque which is what he is actually worth because of how much of a liability he is on defense and call it a day if he takes it great, if not then we go after Redden Campbell or Streit.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
But he is half the player defensively that Redden and Campbell are. For his 5.7 I would gladly pay another million for Redden or Campbell and have a younger and all around BETTER player.

Not that I am saying I wouldnt take McCabe however not via trade unless its very favorable. If he is bought out then offer him a reasonable contract Malik/Maraesque which is what he is actually worth because of how much of a liability he is on defense and call it a day if he takes it great, if not then we go after Redden Campbell or Streit.
i just stopped reading after that.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
too bad, later in the post he said he would go after Streit because McCabe is just too bad defensively...

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 931
Quote:
Why? Prove me wrong? Ever since the lockout McCabes famous McCanopener with the stick between the legs and then twist which now gets called, he cant trip and hook his way to stop opposing forwards.

Look at his #s from 00-04 when he was with the leafs pre-lock out.

+ 16
+ 16
+ 9
+ 22

05-08

He can no longer use his stick to clutch and grab the way he used to. Not to mention the fact that he is 33.

Maybe Streit would not be a better option, however Campbell and Redden would most definitely be.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
Why? Prove me wrong? Ever since the lockout McCabes famous McCanopener with the stick between the legs and then twist which now gets called, he cant trip and hook his way to stop opposing forwards.

Look at his #s from 00-04 when he was with the leafs pre-lock out.

+ 16
+ 16
+ 9
+ 22

05-08

He can no longer use his stick to clutch and grab the way he used to. Not to mention the fact that he is 33.

Maybe Streit would not be a better option, however Campbell and Redden would most definitely be.
I'm sure the drop in stats had nothing to do with the team getting worse and worse every year. Campbell and Redden are not known as defensive defenders either.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I'm sure the drop in stats had nothing to do with the team getting worse and worse every year. Campbell and Redden are not known as defensive defenders either.
Honestly, they are all pretty poor defensively. Rozsival is much better in his own end than Redden, Campbell, and McCabe, and we're ready to run him out of town.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
Honestly, they are all pretty poor defensively. Rozsival is much better in his own end than Redden, Campbell, and McCabe, and we're ready to run him out of town.
Kodiak, all i'm saying is if I had to choose to put a player in a defensive situation and I had to pick between McCabe, Campbell, and Redden I'm pickin McCabe.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:25 PM
CrimsonBruin21

Quote:
He has apparently had about 87 opportunities to get traded back to the Islanders and has rejected it every time. I don't think he exactly has the best of memories from his time as an Islander. Throw in the fact that the Islanders are clearly rebuilding (yet again)... I just don't see it... although the Isles have enough cap space for a giant truck to drive through.

I really see him ultimately pushing hard to get traded to the Rangers or Devils. Two playoff teams (w/o the Islander baggage) where he would still be close enough to his wife's family/friends on Long Island. Atlanta? Who knows...

CrimsonBruin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 11:31 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
too bad, later in the post he said he would go after Streit because McCabe is just too bad defensively...
hahah that made me laugh

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
good thing i didnt keep reading then eh

Old
06-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Metallian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post

IMO, the Leafs will be heavily shopping Pavel Kubina and Tomas Kaberle. If you guys are interested in McCabe, then you should rather be interested in those 2 since I don't think any team wil be sacrificing enough to match the value that McCabe has to our team.
other way around man. the leafs wont trade kaberle, and fletcher already said that it would take a blow away offer to trade kubina (plus wilson likes him)

on the flip side, the leafs have done everything they can to try to push mccabe out of town. how can you possibly think they wouldnt want to trade him? management wants him out of town ASAP

----------

personally, if the article was true, how could toronto not trade him yet?

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 01:49 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Kaberle is one of the NHL's best d-man. They'd probably only trade him for Malkin. Kaberle and a 1st could do it.

Ponikarovsky-Malkin-Antropov

The Leafs wouldn't be too bad for a re-building team. Won't happen though.

Kubina is just a big Rozsival with a more accurate shot. I'd like him, but McCabe would be the most affordable. They are re--building, and the two younger Czechs make his offense obsolete.

As far as D, I would say Redden is superior. Campbell and McCabe are neck and neck, Streit is Mathieu Dandenault with offense.

Then there are your BRAD STUARTS (!!!) who hit, play D and have big shots.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Kaberle is one of the NHL's best d-man. They'd probably only trade him for Malkin. Kaberle and a 1st could do it.

Kubina is just a big Rozsival with a more accurate shot. I'd like him, but McCabe would be the most affordable. They are re--building, and the two younger Czechs make his offense obsolete.

As far as D, I would say Redden is superior. Campbell and McCabe are neck and neck, Streit is Mathieu Dandenault with offense.

Why would Pittsburgh accept that trade offer when Toronto made a better offer to Philly about Carter. Kaberle-1st-2nd for Carter

Old
06-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Why would Pittsburgh accept that trade offer when Toronto made a better offer to Philly about Carter. Kaberle-1st-2nd for Carter
The actual offer was Carter and a 1st for Kaberle.Toronto said no at the time but i bet they would we ecstatic to have that deal now.

Now back to the other post you are smoking some insane weed if you think Kaberle and a 1st gets you Malkin.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 03:48 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post

i agree, redden is the best defensively(although still not great), he does stand up for himself and the goalie(as does mccabe, campbell doesnt)......i would love to get redden and orpik/stuart

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 04:46 PM
BobMarleyNYR

no, that post was misleading... he's "superior" to the others... he used to be decent on defense... still better than campbell.

ploplop, kaberle and a first wouldn't get you malkin, but around here, people were suggesting tyutin, dawes, prucha and a 2nd, and a lot of people ponied up. pittsburgh has no kaberle... they've got gonchar (average d), whitney (atrocious d) at one end of the spectrum and then gill and orpik (not for long). their only well-rounded guy is letang, who will never be on kaberle's level.

so how's that a bad trade? they're dealing 1 of 2 franchise guys with a questionable attitude, who will command 9-10 per in '09 (they'll have to compete HARD with the KHL. And it'd be for a no. 1 d-man (which they don't have) AND a first round pick. if i were shero, i'd do it.

even still, he probably won't be traded till the deadline.

Last edited by BobMarleyNYR: 06-29-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old
06-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Sneekypete

IMO you may be in the ballpark with Kaberle and a 1st but the Leafs would have to add much more.If the Leafs were to add stajan and another first it would be much closer to getting completed.
There is no way the Penguins would trade a player like Malkin for Kaberle because it would just leave another hole on the penguins.Almost Any 1st round pick is still 1-2 years away from making a roster.So if the leafs were to add some second line scoring and or prospects then it would get done.

It would be more like

Malkin
Kaberle
2009 1st
2010 1st
Stajan or Steen
Kulmenin or tlusty

I hate both Toronto and Pitt so this has no bias either way

Old
06-29-2008, 07:26 PM
BobMarleyNYR

What hole does it leave? They'd still have Jordan as the no. 2 center. They'd be filling a hole on D by getting a no. 1 two-way guy.

They do have holes on the wing, and I considered Tlusty in that little idea as well, but had second thoughts. I really think Kaberle and a 1st is one of the better deals they'd get (especially considering it will be impossible for them to give him the 7-10 yr $56-80M he'll command).

Keep in mind Kaberle is a top-5 d-man in the NHL.

Old
06-30-2008, 01:33 AM
NYR Viper

doesnt make sense for the pens....kaberle is an offensive defenseman or a puck-mover.....that is the pens strength already from within....no need to trade malkin for another one

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 01:34 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploplopfizzfizz View Post
IMO you may be in the ballpark with Kaberle and a 1st but the Leafs would have to add much more.If the Leafs were to add stajan and another first it would be much closer to getting completed.
There is no way the Penguins would trade a player like Malkin for Kaberle because it would just leave another hole on the penguins.Almost Any 1st round pick is still 1-2 years away from making a roster.So if the leafs were to add some second line scoring and or prospects then it would get done.

It would be more like

Malkin
Kaberle
2009 1st
2010 1st
Stajan or Steen
Kulmenin or tlusty

I hate both Toronto and Pitt so this has no bias either way
When your rebuilding you dont trade picks, especially when Toronto has a chance to draft a guy like Tavares and keep Tlusty/Kulmenin and Stajan/Steen

Old
06-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
When your rebuilding you dont trade picks, especially when Toronto has a chance to draft a guy like Tavares and keep Tlusty/Kulmenin and Stajan/Steen
you have to read how the posts begin.I never said it would happen but a poster said
Kaberle and a 1st round pick would get Malkin in a trade.I disagreed with my rebuttle but i never said either team would make the deal.