HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings Interested in Spezza/Emery and Stamkos

Old
05-16-2008, 03:21 PM
YellHockey*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Spezza is a great player but he also makes 8 million a year. Kopitar will make $750,000 (yes, 1/8th of what Spezza will get) next season, and I would not be at all suprised to see him produce on a similar level.
First, Spezza's cap hit is $7M so that's what is important.

Next, even if Kopitar makes less then $1M what happens if he puts up 100 points next season?? How much will he sign for the next season? If the cap keeps going up (although increases could slow or stop with the current financial situation) he could be looking for $9M+ then.

YellHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
This is a freaking retarded rumor.

LA is tipping their hat they are going to take Doughty or Bogosian. They need defensemen.

They have 0 need for another goaltender right this second especially Emery.

What is the need for Spezza at his new salary when you have Kopitar for cheap????

Eklund needs to stick to rooting for Philly to come back against the Pens, which is a complete pipe dream anyway.
I'm not sure I'd agree that you have "zero" need for a goaltender. Are you counting on Ersberg\Bernier, next season?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Epatt001

nope. labarbera and ersberg will be in the big show

bernier, quick, and zatkoff will be battling for time in the A

Epatt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:31 PM
drew1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'm not sure I'd agree that you have "zero" need for a goaltender. Are you counting on Ersberg\Bernier, next season?
There goaltending is fine. Labarbera had a 910 save percent. Eksberg was awesome at the end. Bernier is there future.

Here are some notables. Worst PK, 4th worst in shots allowed.
Osgood with detriot's defense looks amazing. Why cant LA's defense improve.

LA forwards need to learn Two-way hockey.
Give up way too many odd man rushes and quality goal scoring chances.

Penalty kill needs to be improved. Get the shots per game down about 4 per game and improve the PK from 78% to 85% and you will see a huge increase in the goalies stats for LA.

So whats there problem: Defense.

Priessing is not good defensivily, dont give me that Ottawa Senator +30+ stat. Senators were the best team in the league for scoring that year. Hes offensive .. Doesnt mean hes good on the PK or sound defensivily.

Stuart is also terrible. Good thing hes on Detriot and coughing up the puck to Dallas.

Jack Johnson was a rookie and had a solid campaign.
Rob Blake had a decent year but always gives the puck up. Usually on the top 5 for defense giveaways in the NHL.

LA really needs a guy like Greg Zanon who can block shots, and lay the hits. There defense is weak.

drew1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:34 PM
BigEyedPhish

If Spezza and Emery were to go to LA the only way i would want that is if Kopitar is coming back to Ottawa in some way...

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Disgruntled

Bryan Murray would be stupid to trade a player when he's at such a low value.

Spezza has the drive to improve and he's still 3-4 years away from his prime.

Eklund is just spewing garbage.

Disgruntled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Seems like I'm in the minority, but I think LA is hoping Kopitar turns into as good a player as Spezza is now.
Kopitar is beyond Spezza. Spezza is a joke. When this guy leads his team to anything let me know.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellHockey View Post
First, Spezza's cap hit is $7M so that's what is important.

Next, even if Kopitar makes less then $1M what happens if he puts up 100 points next season?? How much will he sign for the next season? If the cap keeps going up (although increases could slow or stop with the current financial situation) he could be looking for $9M+ then.

Cap hit is not the only thing that counts ,contrary to popular opinion. Many teams are no longer spending to the cap because of they are hemoraging red ink. To those teams, salary is as important as cap hit. However, even if we buy the "cap hit is what is important" argument - Spezza's cap hit is still a heck of a lot more than Kopitar.

And, yeah, Kopitar will be due for a raise. But, since he is not an impending UFA, he is not likely to get 9 million plus. And, if he does, then his market value goes down. For now, he is still nearly as productive as Spezza and costs 1/8th the price.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Space Can*

Kopitar is quite a bit better than Spezza right now, let alone in a couple of years. I think a fair value would be Camalleri + a 4th, but even then I dont think most Kings fans would do that. Spezza is pretty much rubbish.

Plus Emery has negative value, so a package of him and Spezza is worth practically nothing. Maybe something like Frazee + pick.

Space Can* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:54 PM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 133
More garbage from ******.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Sp00nz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled View Post
Bryan Murray would be stupid to trade a player when he's at such a low value.

Spezza has the drive to improve and he's still 3-4 years away from his prime.

Eklund is just spewing garbage.
What Dokes said.

Seems to me that some sens fans need a scapegoat now that Redden is on his way outa town.

Sp00nz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Im pretty sure if you asked the Kings, they'd be interested in Ovechkin and Crosby, probably Luongo and Brodeur, and i bet Lidstrom and Pronger too.

But we didnt hear any of that interest, because there was no reason to think that their teams were dissatisfied with them, and might be prime for a fleecing that includes a 2nd rounder. So yes, they were interested in the Spez dispenser

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Fuhr

Spezza 24 years old

- Led the 06/07 playoffs in points.(Since the lockout 37Pts 34 playoff games)
- Since the lockout 211GP 87G 269Pts

Locked up for the next seven years at a 7.0 cap hit.

Ya I am not moving that for Kopitar.

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
I wouldn't call Spezza garbage but in no way is he worth Kopitar who is a rising young star,Spezza seems to be made of glass would probably get killed in the west anyway.
Does anyone on this site have any idea what they are talking about anymore?

Quote:
Seems like I'm in the minority, but I think LA is hoping Kopitar turns into as good a player as Spezza is now.
Bingo. They'll be lucky if he turns out as good as Spezza. period.

Quote:
visnovsky and cammy for emery and spezza, + a lower tier prospect.
What's so odd about this is that you actually must have seen what you wrote and thought, 'yknow, that seems about right.'
why would anyone ever take anything you ever type seriously after that?

Please break this down for me, i truly want to know your creative process in putting that gem together.

As for the Spezza value nonsense that seems to be onipresent on these boards i ask you this:

Since the lockout where does Spezza fit int he league as far as PPG?
Over the same time frame let me know where Spezza lands in terms of PPG in the playoffs? (lets say minimum 25 games)

24 years old.
Proven Playoff Performer over a PPG
4th, 5th, 7th in PPG in the NHL at ages 22,23,24

People you need to give yourselves a slap across the face.
Many of you have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Kopitar for Spezza? Please....dont make me laugh.
Call me when Kopitar accomplishes something of note. I think he's a nice player who i would love to have on my team.
Lets see how much love there is for Kopitar when he asks for Spezza money after next year.

Ridiculous.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Sp00nz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Kopitar is beyond Spezza. Spezza is a joke. When this guy leads his team to anything let me know.
Yeah who would want Jason Spezza? Really, what team would want this guy? He's so ****ing terrible. Murray would have to package him with Alfredsson just to get him outa town. Alfie and Spezza to LA for Camalari and a tube of jock itch cream. That sounds fair!

Get to it Murray.

Sp00nz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Can View Post
Kopitar is quite a bit better than Spezza right now, let alone in a couple of years. I think a fair value would be Camalleri + a 4th, but even then I dont think most Kings fans would do that. Spezza is pretty much rubbish.

Plus Emery has negative value, so a package of him and Spezza is worth practically nothing. Maybe something like Frazee + pick.
Sigh.

Good luck getting taken seriously on this board.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
What team doesn't want Spezza these days? Even San Jose is interested in him (it may be just a rumor) despite having Thorton.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Does anyone on this site have any idea what they are talking about anymore?

Bingo. They'll be lucky if he turns out as good as Spezza. period.

What's so odd about this is that you actually must have seen what you wrote and thought, 'yknow, that seems about right.'
why would anyone ever take anything you ever type seriously after that?

Please break this down for me, i truly want to know your creative process in putting that gem together.

As for the Spezza value nonsense that seems to be onipresent on these boards i ask you this:

Since the lockout where does Spezza fit int he league as far as PPG?
Over the same time frame let me know where Spezza lands in terms of PPG in the playoffs? (lets say minimum 25 games)

24 years old.
Proven Playoff Performer over a PPG
4th, 5th, 7th in PPG in the NHL at ages 22,23,24

People you need to give yourselves a slap across the face.
Many of you have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Kopitar for Spezza? Please....dont make me laugh.
Call me when Kopitar accomplishes something of note. I think he's a nice player who i would love to have on my team.
Lets see how much love there is for Kopitar when he asks for Spezza money after next year.

Ridiculous.
Now this guys knows his ****!

Old
05-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Disgruntled

It seems most Sens fans are satisfied with Spezza and most Kings fans are satisfied with Kopitar.

No reason for a deal.

End.

Disgruntled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Should I also let you know when Joe Thornton, Jarome Iginla, Ilya Kovalchuk, Dany Heatley, Marian Gaborik, Mats Sundin, Roberto Luongo, Olli Jokinen, Rick Nash, Miikka Kiprusoff, etc. lead their teams to anything?

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Can View Post

Wow! Do you have any idea what talnet is? Or do you just like the young players? Kopitar ahead of Spezza right now? Kopitar will NEVER be as good as Speeza. Spezza has a 1.27 ppg since the lockout,much much better then kopitar who has 0.9 ppg and better the Ovechkin who has 1.26. The only players that have better ppg are Thornton and Crosby. I think you guys should watch some more hockey maybe get a betetr idea.

Oh ya and for those who want to say Kopitar is younger. Spezza first two seasons .99ppg Kopitar .90ppg

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick15 View Post
Wow! Do you have any idea what talnet is? Or do you just like the young players? Kopitar ahead of Spezza right now? Kopitar will NEVER be as good as Speeza. Spezza has a 1.27 ppg since the lockout,much much better then kopitar who has 0.9 ppg and better the Ovechkin who has 1.26. The only players that have better ppg are Thornton and Crosby. I think you guys should watch some more hockey maybe get a betetr idea.

Oh ya and for those who want to say Kopitar is younger. Spezza first two seasons .99ppg Kopitar .90ppg
And Spezza was playing on the 3rd/4th lines while Kopitar was in the top 2

Old
05-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
And Spezza was playing on the 3rd/4th lines while Kopitar was in the top 2
Spezza was top line in his second complete year, first he was not top 2. He played 33 games before those two years but thats not even close to a complete season.

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 04:58 PM
flyguy1234*

So Ottawa signs Spezza to a long-term contract four months before trading him to Los Angeles for, presumably, another center.

Makes sense!

flyguy1234* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 06:39 PM
nikolai19

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
As a stop gap until Bernier arrives...yes.

LA needs a solid defensive core and they will improve immensly on that alone.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote