HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008 Offseason Rumor/Trade proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2008, 07:12 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Still doesn't give us anyone to QB the power play.

Staal - Liles
Girardi - Tyutin
Mara - Stuart

Although Stuart is pretty determined to stay in Detroit. They actually talked about it a bit on NHL live this afternoon.
actually I would love to see that defense u posted. I think it would be nasty.

Old
05-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
Has Eklund EVER been right forecasting a trade? We bash the guy for years but I'm really curious has ever had an exclusive that panned out.
I keep telling myself this will be the last time I answer this question.

numerous times. most notably when he called the Hossa-Heatley trade in the morning, hours before it went down.

Old
05-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
actually I would love to see that defense u posted. I think it would be nasty.
Glad you think so.

I'm still going to argue with you in the other thread though.

Old
05-28-2008, 09:15 PM
NYR Viper

if the rangers could fit it under the cap the best defense i can think of would be:

staal-JBo
girardi-stuart
liles-smith
potter

i think that would give us the best defense possible next year

Old
05-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
if the rangers could fit it under the cap the best defense i can think of would be:

staal-JBo
girardi-stuart
liles-smith
potter

Unlikely. You're looking at probably a 16 mil minimum between those 6 d-men, plus the half mil for Potter.

I think it's safe to say Weber, Suter and JBo would all want at least 5.5. Stuart at least 3.5. Liles, probably 3+ and Smith would want 2.

I like it though. I'd move Liles to the 2nd pairing and Girardi to the third.

Old
05-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:

staal-JBo
girardi-stuart
liles-smith
potter

you're just one word off

Old
05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
i thought a trade proposal would be something good to talk about

Rangers send

Fedor Tyutin
Petr Prucha

to

Detroit for

Brett Lebda
Justin Abdelkader

Tyutin had 5-15-20 in 82 games. Hes 24 yrs old (2.250 cap hit next year)
Lebda had 3-11-14 in 78 games. He is 25 yrs old (.650 cap hit next year)

i really like those 2 guys from detroit. The times that i have watched Lebda (more than in the playoffs) he has been a very sound Dman and can jump up in the play. Abdelkader really impressed me this year in the WJC and is a strong player. He had 19-21-40 in 42 games for the Michigan State Spartans this year.

yay or nay? im guessing i would probably get laughed at in the wings board so i thought i would check it here first

Old
05-29-2008, 01:34 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post

Rangers send

Fedor Tyutin
Petr Prucha

to

Detroit for

Brett Lebda
Justin Abdelkader

i really like those 2 guys from detroit. The times that i have watched Lebda (more than in the playoffs) he has been a very sound Dman and can jump up in the play. Abdelkader really impressed me this year in the WJC and is a strong player. He had 19-21-40 in 42 games for the Michigan State Spartans this year.

yay or nay? im guessing i would probably get laughed at in the wings board so i thought i would check it here first
This is a lateral move at best. If Tyutin is traded, it should be in a package for a top pairing defenseman or a top line forward. Despite his playoff struggles, he's still a valuable part of our defense corps.

Old
05-29-2008, 01:36 PM
FutureGM97

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr5186 View Post
This is a lateral move at best. If Tyutin is traded, it should be in a package for a top pairing defenseman or a top line forward. Despite his playoff struggles, he's still a valuable part of our defense corps.
the big piece that i wanted back was Abdelkader cuz he is a top 6 winger that has a big body and can skate...something that the Rangers dont have on the farm.

Old
05-29-2008, 01:41 PM
free0717

Rangers send Hollweg, Orr and Backman to the wings for Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidstrom

Old
05-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

Rangers send

Fedor Tyutin
Petr Prucha

to

Detroit for

Brett Lebda
Justin Abdelkader

Isn't Lebda more or less Detroits whipping boy? Given his tendency to trip over himself, I don't know if I'm comfortable with him. We already have Girardi to trip over himself at the worst possible moments.

Old
05-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Cherepanov 71

I'd love to get my hands on Abdelkader but I dont know of they do that deal.

Old
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
FutureGM97

the main reason that i added Lebda was so that the Rangers would be getting a Dman in return. This trade is mostly for Abdelkader. I would ask for Lilja but I don't think that Ranger fans would like him and there is no way Ranger fans want Chelios either. Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Kronwall are out of the question. Any other ideas?

Old
05-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:

Rangers send

Fedor Tyutin
Petr Prucha

to

Detroit for

Brett Lebda
Justin Abdelkader

A bit of overpayment on our end I think. The only way I'd do it is if we were really in trouble with the cap.

Old
05-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Vitto79

So yea not gonna happen

Guys they are not going to Trade Tyutin!.......he just signed a 3 yr deal for a reason and he teams well with Girardi

He's also young so keep the guy and he hits too......more than anyone else on the freaking blueline

Just go after Orpik and Liles and be happy if you get them

Old
05-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Vitto79

oh and we don't have to wait long cause in a week when the Cup finals are over their will be movement....especially on June 20th timeframe as the draft nears

woooo

Old
05-29-2008, 02:37 PM
squishy

Quote:
the big piece that i wanted back was Abdelkader cuz he is a top 6 winger that has a big body and can skate...something that the Rangers dont have on the farm.
Which is exactly why Wings fans would laugh you off their board.

Old
05-29-2008, 02:50 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I keep telling myself this will be the last time I answer this question.

numerous times. most notably when he called the Hossa-Heatley trade in the morning, hours before it went down.
Each day, many NHL rumors are printed in local newspapers, spoken on local radio shows and tossed around in corner bars. Repeating and repackaging those rumors has become a nice business for Mr. Eklund. Don't think he isn't a major scavenger on boards like this looking for ideas and hearing tidbits that were saidf on local radio broadcasts. Of course, it helps when you've got Jokinen or Marleau going to at least a dozen teams. Remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Also have to remember that many hockey people (and those loosely affiliated with teams) have loose lips making it plausible that he can get some inside information. You may be surprised where sources come from. 20 years ago, a friend who had worked on NHL sponsorships tipped me off about a possible Gretzky deal two weeks before it was announced. I was astonished, disbelieving and amazed when it actually happened. I only wish now I had a website back then (he-he) so I could have cashed in.

Old
05-31-2008, 12:00 PM
FutureGM97

Since the thread was closed, ill respond here.

Someone proposed Dawes, Prucha, Sauer for Dan Carcillo.

It will take ALOT more than that to pry Carcillo from the Coyotes. Even though he had alot of PIMs this year and was hurt, the kid's offensive skills are really starting the develop as he had 5 goals the last 2 games of the season. He has improved his attitude and could turn out to be a 30 goal scorer (that is what Gretz is challenging him to do). Vancouver supposedly offered their first round pick for him but Maloney i think has dismissed it, knowing that Carcillo is not only a fan favorite but the heart and soul of the young core that is developing in PHX. He may not become a captain but down the road, he is going to be one of the leaders on the team. I am personally hoping he becomes a more offensive version of Avery or Tucker which is certainly a possibility.

But DM is not going to take that for Carcillo. No way.

Old
05-31-2008, 12:04 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Since the thread was closed, ill respond here.

Someone proposed Dawes, Prucha, Sauer for Dan Carcillo.

It will take ALOT more than that to pry Carcillo from the Coyotes. Even though he had alot of PIMs this year and was hurt, the kid's offensive skills are really starting the develop as he had 5 goals the last 2 games of the season. He has improved his attitude and could turn out to be a 30 goal scorer (that is what Gretz is challenging him to do). Vancouver supposedly offered their first round pick for him but Maloney i think has dismissed it, knowing that Carcillo is not only a fan favorite but the heart and soul of the young core that is developing in PHX. He may not become a captain but down the road, he is going to be one of the leaders on the team. I am personally hoping he becomes a more offensive version of Avery or Tucker which is certainly a possibility.

But DM is not going to take that for Carcillo. No way.

i dont know if carcillo is the type of player the rangers should be breaking the bank for.....i would give up some prospects, but other than that i would sign avery and hope dubi, byers, callahan etc. can pick up the slack

Old
05-31-2008, 12:19 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Still doesn't give us anyone to QB the power play.

Staal - Liles
Girardi - Tyutin
Mara - Stuart

Although Stuart is pretty determined to stay in Detroit. They actually talked about it a bit on NHL live this afternoon.
Like you mentioned, Stuart will probably stay in Detroit. Orpik would be a viable replacement.

If picking up Liles and Stuart/Orpik were the only moves we made this offseason, I would be happy.

Old
05-31-2008, 12:26 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Like you mentioned, Stuart will probably stay in Detroit. Orpik would be a viable replacement.

If picking up Liles and Stuart/Orpik were the only moves we made this offseason, I would be happy.
no sniper for gomez?

Old
05-31-2008, 12:33 PM
beastly115

Quote:
no sniper for gomez?
The only sniper I wanted was Rolston and there are reports that he's in the middle of negotiating with Minn. I'd pass on the other available FA wingers.

There's always the trade route, but IMO, Slats shouldn't go that route unless it's one of those our-crap-for-your-gold trades.

Old
05-31-2008, 12:41 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
The only sniper I wanted was Rolston and there are reports that he's in the middle of negotiating with Minn. I'd pass on the other available FA wingers.

There's always the trade route, but IMO, Slats shouldn't go that route unless it's one of those our-crap-for-your-gold trades.
agreed...roslton was the only one i wanted.....too bad he will resign...just hope that doesnt force sather to get malone/ryder/huselius as they arent as good as what they will get paid

Old
05-31-2008, 12:48 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

I say wait for next year to sign a sniper for gomez like Gaborik. But who will he play with since Shanny will probably not play on his line if he resigns/retires?

Closed Thread