HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cap-Hit/Salary Chart 2008-2009 Edition

Old
07-03-2008, 03:35 AM
poneill27

vCash: 500
1. A two way deal mean's they can play for the Phantom's and the Flyer's.

2. Team's can be 10% over the cap in the off season but have to be under the cap when the season starts.

3. I think they feel they would be disrespecting Hatch by sending him to the minors...although anything's possible.

poneill27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:44 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofhearts View Post
Forgive me for asking what's probably a stupid question; I've always followed hockey and been a big flyers fan; but until recently I've only focused on the game itself and knew virtually nothing about how this type of thing works. What exactly is a two way deal?

Also, how are we over the cap, and what is this 10% thing everyone's talking about?

One last question: if we choose to move some of the players on the roster to the phantoms, they wouldn't count towards the cap, right? If so we should do that with Hatch.
Yeah, I'd prefer that as well, but what can I do? In the times of the cap I sometimes google "NHL CBA" to find out what the hell is going on. Did you check the free agents list recently? Why the **** are there like 10 different types of free agents?

philly_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:59 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofhearts View Post
Forgive me for asking what's probably a stupid question; I've always followed hockey and been a big flyers fan; but until recently I've only focused on the game itself and knew virtually nothing about how this type of thing works. [1] What exactly is a two way deal?

Also, how are we over the cap, and [2] what is this 10% thing everyone's talking about?

One last question: [3] if we choose to move some of the players on the roster to the phantoms, they wouldn't count towards the cap, right? If so we should do that with Hatch.
[1] It means that a player has two different salaries in the NHL and in the AHL. For example, if you make $1.000.000 in the NHL you get a certain percentage in the AHL, maybe 10% and $100.000. Basically, if you are on a two-way deal you are available to play for the AHL affiliate, because you are cheap.

[2] During the off-season (July 1st until early October / two days before the regular season begins) you are allowed to be over the salary cap by 10%. The salary cap is $56.7 million this season, 10% are $5.67 million, you can spent up to $62.37 million. At the end of the off-season you have to be under the $56.7 upper limit of the salary cap.

[3] Right, but not the best option, we still would have to pay the full salary of the players, even if they are in the AHL. I just don't like that option.

Last edited by Rick Deckard: 07-03-2008 at 04:26 AM.
Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
No, we cant force him to retire. If he wants to play, and a doctor clears his knee we cant force him to retire or go on LTIR.
His kneee was drained on weekly basis.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

Where does the Asham signing leave us? Almost 2 mil over minus Hatcher's contract?

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:24 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Downie View Post
Where does the Asham signing leave us? Almost 2 mil over minus Hatcher's contract?
We still dont know the details. Its possible Asham knocks Downie off the roster back to the Phantoms, in which case his signing could potentially even save a small amount of cap space. If we are instead carrying 13 forwards and assume Ashams cap hit is $600K, once Hatcher is put on long term IR, we are $800K under by my reckoning.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
riskyxxbusiness

i've seen it reported on other boards and sites that his contract is $640k per year for two years.

i'm no capologist, but that makes for a $640 cap hit, correct?

riskyxxbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 02:30 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Updated with Asham. I have Downie instead of Giroux, but their cap hits are around the same

Quote:
i've seen it reported on other boards and sites that his contract is $640k per year for two years.

i'm no capologist, but that makes for a $640 cap hit, correct?
Yup, 640k per year.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 03:36 PM
IrishSniper87

Assuming this team doesn't change before training camp, Hatcher retiring or LTIR or being waived would get us 1.7 under the cap, and adding Giroux would mean we have 900,000 space on the 22 man roster (the most you can have is 23 on the NHL roster). 13 forwards, 7 defensemen, 2 goalies. You can only dress 20 though, right?

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 03:44 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by poneill27 View Post
1. A two way deal mean's they can play for the Phantom's and the Flyer's.

2. Team's can be 10% over the cap in the off season but have to be under the cap when the season starts.

3. I think they feel they would be disrespecting Hatch by sending him to the minors...although anything's possible.
If NJ can send Mogilny to the minors we can send Hatcher.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Rick Deckard

According to Hockeybuzz via NHLSCAP.com our last remaining RFA Nate Guenin signed an one-year-contract worth $550.000.

Old
07-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
If NJ can send Mogilny to the minors we can send Hatcher.
anyone lacking a NMC can be sent to the AHL...what the Devs got away with was putting Mogilny on LTIR when they really shouldn't have been allowed to do that.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 03:56 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
So, let me see if I have this right. We have 8 defensemen under contract now, and the only once with a 2-way is Parent. So, if Hatcher doesn't do anything and stays on the active roster, we'll need to put Parent down. If Hatcher does go on LTIR etc., then Parent could be up as part of the 7. Is all that correct/expected?

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
So, let me see if I have this right. We have 8 defensemen under contract now, and the only once with a 2-way is Parent. So, if Hatcher doesn't do anything and stays on the active roster, we'll need to put Parent down. If Hatcher does go on LTIR etc., then Parent could be up as part of the 7. Is all that correct/expected?
as of now, yes

that guarenteed in the top 6 right now are Coburn, Timmonen, Eminger and jones

I think Hatcher will go on the LITR, Kukkonen might be moved

so i See

coburn-timmonen
Parent- Jones
Eminger- Vanannen
kukkonen

thugh those bottom 4 will proball be in a different order (switch vanannen and parent maybe)

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
as of now, yes

that guarenteed in the top 6 right now are Coburn, Timmonen, Eminger and jones

I think Hatcher will go on the LITR, Kukkonen might be moved

so i See

coburn-timmonen
Parent- Jones
Eminger- Vanannen
kukkonen

thugh those bottom 4 will proball be in a different order (switch vanannen and parent maybe)
If only they were forwards then we could have a Kukkonen-Timmonen-Vaananen line, that would sound so cool.

After being absent from the Caps for so much of last year, I'm hoping Eminger doesn't turn out to be a weak spot. But he can't be worst than Modry, right?

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 09:10 PM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
If only they were forwards then we could have a Kukkonen-Timmonen-Vaananen line, that would sound so cool.

After being absent from the Caps for so much of last year, I'm hoping Eminger doesn't turn out to be a weak spot. But he can't be worst than Modry, right?
Yeah, he can be worse than Modry and as bad as Rathje was.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 12:40 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
Yeah, he can be worse than Modry and as bad as Rathje was.
Rathje was very good until his back/hip problems became an issue.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Rathje was very good until his back/hip problems became an issue.
I didn't see him play very much at all but everyone describes him as a slightly better skating version of Hatcher minus Hatcher's ability to kill people when he can catch them. I'm not sure that a soft version of Hatcher is really what this team needs these days.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 02:13 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
I didn't see him play very much at all but everyone describes him as a slightly better skating version of Hatcher minus Hatcher's ability to kill people when he can catch them. I'm not sure that a soft version of Hatcher is really what this team needs these days.
Rathje was better positionally and had a great poke check. Worked well with Pitkanen in his good year.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Valhoun*

I wonder how bad things are going to get with the Hatcher stuff. The Flyers generally don't do things to veterans like sending them down to the minors. It happened with Goat but careerwise, he is totally different than Hatcher, a former captain of this team. How independent is the doctor that will be evaluating Hatch? It seems that a doctor could examine Hatcher's knee and go either way with his diagnosis.

Old
07-22-2008, 06:12 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
I wonder how bad things are going to get with the Hatcher stuff. The Flyers generally don't do things to veterans like sending them down to the minors. It happened with Goat but careerwise, he is totally different than Hatcher, a former captain of this team. How independent is the doctor that will be evaluating Hatch? It seems that a doctor could examine Hatcher's knee and go either way with his diagnosis.
They'll find a doctor who reports the injury in exactly the way they want him to.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
They'll find a doctor who reports the injury in exactly the way they want him to.
I really thought he was going to hang them up after last season. I hate the fact that it looks like he'll end his career in a very sad way but maybe he'll be on LTIR and recovering from surgery until the playoffs and then be a third pairing/PK guy. He had a great career but he can't contribute during the upcoming regular season.

He seems like the type of guy who has never known anything but hockey and is reticent to hang up the skates.

Old
07-26-2008, 01:50 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Rathje was one of the reasons Pitkanen has such a great 05-06 season

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Rick Deckard

Old
09-12-2008, 05:25 AM
HoverCarle*