HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cap-Hit/Salary Chart 2008-2009 Edition

Old
06-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
would u want to split up gagne and carter?
I don't think they should be anywhere near the same line with each other...not enough puck to go around.

Gagne-Richards-Lupul
Hartnell-Carter-Briere

potentially anyway...it'll be whatever throughout the season, so it's mildly irrelevant.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 12:47 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I don't think they should be anywhere near the same line with each other...not enough puck to go around.

Gagne-Richards-Lupul
Hartnell-Carter-Briere

potentially anyway...it'll be whatever throughout the season, so it's mildly irrelevant.
The only thing is who centers the third line between most likely upshall and knuble, i thought we could put umberger there if he signed but other people said that they dont think he can play center. Also where does giroux fit in the lineup if you keep umberger.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
The only thing is who centers the third line between most likely upshall and knuble, i thought we could put umberger there if he signed but other people said that they dont think he can play center. Also where does giroux fit in the lineup if you keep umberger.
I don't think we keep Umberger...and I'm not sure where Giroux fits in. We're exceedingly deep at wing. Some hard decisions will have to be made. We're actually in a position to swing a non-trivial deal with a wing, IMO. Homer has options.

Moving Briere to wing requires signing or trading for a 3rd line center...preferably someone who can win some faceoffs and play some defense.

Old
06-05-2008, 02:19 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I always hear how Briere is going to the wing. I dont know if I would like that or not, but for some reason I dont see it happening. He played this past season, putting up over 70 points as center. Then in playoffs he put up 16. With totals like that wouldnt u keep a player at their current position? I really dont know though...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I always hear how Briere is going to the wing. I dont know if I would like that or not, but for some reason I dont see it happening. He played this past season, putting up over 70 points as center. Then in playoffs he put up 16. With totals like that wouldnt u keep a player at their current position? I really dont know though...
-22...ECF team?

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 10:13 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Chart updated without Kapanen.

9,853,333$ left to spend on: Carter, Umberger,Thor, Cote and Jones.

Current lineup: Red= RFA

Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Upshall-Umberger-Knuble
Cote-Thor-Downie

Timonen-Coburn
Jones-Parent
Kukkonen-Hatcher

Biron
Nitty

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 06-05-2008 at 10:20 AM.
HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post

Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Upshall-Umberger-Knuble
Cote-Thor-Downie

Timonen-Coburn
Jones-Parent
Kukkonen-Hatcher

Biron
Nitty
Will we be able to sign a #3 or #4 dman? Im looking at it and even if we dont resign Umby which is highly unlikely we wont have much remaining cash.

9.85(total)-5.25(carter)-1.2(jones)-1.8(thor and Cote)=1.6 million

1.6 million wont get us much for a Dman. This means we're going to have to move somebody else in order to clear some space. Knuble?

We cant really bank on hatcher being gone can we? Even if hes not back next year we prob wont know before looking to sign a Dman. Any chance we end up just cutting him? I just dont see how we will get a player unless we know for sure Hatch wont be here.

Old
06-05-2008, 10:57 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Will we be able to sign a #3 or #4 dman? Im looking at it and even if we dont resign Umby which is highly unlikely we wont have much remaining cash.

1.6 million wont get us much for a Dman. This means we're going to have to move somebody else in order to clear some space. Knuble?

We cant really bank on hatcher being gone can we? Even if hes not back next year we prob wont know before looking to sign a Dman. Any chance we end up just cutting him? I just dont see how we will get a player unless we know for sure Hatch wont be here.
Well if we get a Number 3 d man for Umberger, one of Jones/Kukkonen/hatcher will be gone. If Hatcher is gone then thats over 4 mil for the d man. Otherwise we already have 6 dmen

Old
06-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:

Homer sounded pretty confident that Giroux would make the team next season. If that's the case, somebody has to go in addition to Umberger. When you look at the forwards, only Lupul, Upshall or Knuble seem to be likely candidates. The others won't get traded because the Flyers either value them too highly (Richards/Carter) or their contracts/injuries make them undesireable to other teams (Briere/Hartnell/Gagne).

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 11:57 AM
HoverCarle*

Gagne-Briere-Hartnell
Upshall-Richards-Lupul
Knuble-Carter-Giroux

With just Umberger gone, Giroux can fit if Briere is at C.

Old
06-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Well if we get a Number 3 d man for Umberger, one of Jones/Kukkonen/hatcher will be gone. If Hatcher is gone then thats over 4 mil for the d man. Otherwise we already have 6 dmen
Well I kind of saw Kuk as the odd man out and the #7. We all know how much stevens loves kuk. If they got rid of kuk, that wont really clear enough cap space even still to bring in a 2nd paring Dman. If hatch is back they will for sure need to still sign a #7 dman because well everyone had 7 D anyway and with hatch you know hes going to miss games. i think they will be forced to move another forward in order to sign a Dman.

Quote:
Gagne-Briere-Hartnell
Upshall-Richards-Lupul
Knuble-Carter-Giroux

With just Umberger gone, Giroux can fit if Briere is at C.
I would switch knuble with upshall, carter and him play well together and that really balances outt he lines.

Gagne-Briere-Hartnell
Lupul-Richards-Knuble
Upshall-Carter-Giroux

All 3 lines now have a scorer(gag, lupul, Cater), a playmaker(Briere, Richards, Giroux) and a workhorse/agitator/trashman type(hartnell, Knuble, Upshall)

If they need to get rid of someone and it happens to be knuble downie would fit pretty well with richards who will put him in his place and calm him down.

Old
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
Riley Cote is an RFA, he played eight NHL games in 06/07, seventy NHL games in 07/08 and three playoff games in 07/08, in total eighty-one NHL games.

That means he played one more game than needed to be an RFA and not an UFA Group VI.
well, you're the only one that thinks he's an RFA

TSN, Meltzer, etc...all have him listed as a group VI UFA. and no offense to you, but i'd take their info over your's

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 05:39 PM
ginner classic

Quote:

Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Upshall-Umberger-Knuble
Cote-Thor-Downie

Timonen-Coburn
Jones-Parent
Kukkonen-Hatcher

Biron
Nitty
Also you need to leave room for:
  • a 7th D on your roster (likely Kuks)
  • a 13th forward (likely Giroux)
  • Likely upgrade of your third or fourth D to replace Smith
  • and space for injury call ups under the cap...

Not to mention cap space for dedline acquisitions. I don't think the most aggressive teams have any intention of getting any closer than 1.5 million to the cap given a 22 man roster.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 09:40 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Well I kind of saw Kuk as the odd man out and the #7. We all know how much stevens loves kuk. If they got rid of kuk, that wont really clear enough cap space even still to bring in a 2nd paring Dman. If hatch is back they will for sure need to still sign a #7 dman because well everyone had 7 D anyway and with hatch you know hes going to miss games. i think they will be forced to move another forward in order to sign a Dman.

I would switch knuble with upshall, carter and him play well together and that really balances outt he lines.

Gagne-Briere-Hartnell
Lupul-Richards-Knuble
Upshall-Carter-Giroux

All 3 lines now have a scorer(gag, lupul, Cater), a playmaker(Briere, Richards, Giroux) and a workhorse/agitator/trashman type(hartnell, Knuble, Upshall)

If they need to get rid of someone and it happens to be knuble downie would fit pretty well with richards who will put him in his place and calm him down.

I like those lines. Yea i see what ur saying about Briere -22. But i think the organization is thinking that once Gags gets back him they will start working magic like they did in the beginning of the season. I really like that third line...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 11:08 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post

TSN, Meltzer, etc...all have him listed as a group VI UFA. and no offense to you, but i'd take their info over your's
Until he played his games in the playoffs, he was UFA IV

Old
06-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post

No, Irish Blues is on my side too: Business of Hockey Board, FAQ Thread

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 04:26 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
The line
Gagne-Richards-Lupul
Best young line in hockey.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
The line
Gagne-Richards-Lupul
Best young line in hockey.
That's the line that I want.

Followed by Hartnell-Carter-Briere.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
That's the line that I want.

Followed by Hartnell-Carter-Briere.
those are the ones that make sense if you don't want to pair Giroux with Carter or Richards...if/when Giroux makes the team it gets a little confusing as to what makes the most sense.

Old
06-07-2008, 01:15 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I like those lines. Yea i see what ur saying about Briere -22. But i think the organization is thinking that once Gags gets back him they will start working magic like they did in the beginning of the season. I really like that third line...
I dont think Carter is a 3rd line center. not gonna pay him 5 million + to be on the 3rd line. shift Briere to wing, and put Carter on the 2nd line center.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 09:43 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
I dont think Carter is a 3rd line center. not gonna pay him 5 million + to be on the 3rd line. shift Briere to wing, and put Carter on the 2nd line center.
The thing is if Briere is at centre he is the third line centre. Carter and Richards had more TOI all playoffs

Old
06-07-2008, 11:46 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
The thing is if Briere is at centre he is the third line centre. Carter and Richards had more TOI all playoffs
That's a bit of a misleading stat though, if you're looking at straight time. Briere doesn't play on the PK, and the Flyers spent a hell of a lot of time killing penalties throughout the playoffs.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 12:08 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Then you're paying Briere $6.5M to be the third line center if you think that way. No matter which you consider #3, you're paying him too much in that line of thinking.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Then you're paying Briere $6.5M to be the third line center if you think that way. No matter which you consider #3, you're paying him too much in that line of thinking.
Or you could just not think of them in that way. Even strength time should be relatively even, all three play the powerplay and two of them kill penalties. So the two that kill penalties will get more icetime by default.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 12:29 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Or you could just not think of them in that way. Even strength time should be relatively even, all three play the powerplay and two of them kill penalties. So the two that kill penalties will get more icetime by default.
Personally, I don't. Cap hit means nothing to me when determining lines. I want Briere shifted to wing for other reasons. However, for those that don't like the idea of paying so much money for a third line center, it's going to happen no matter which you think is #3 is Briere stays at center.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote