HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Beakermania-LilWinger Date Thread 4: Les Swiss Vampire Nurse's Aides Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2008, 07:32 PM
LilWinger11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Don't worry, I have some great wrist and forearm strengthening exercises for you that'll improve that shot in no time.
LOL I bet you do.

Quote:
We actually played the team we beat 2 games to 1 in the finals last year to win the championship for the lower division.... We're hoping to challenge for the higher division championship this year.... We're 3-0 and have already beaten two teams who played in the higher division last year. We improved a lot in the offseason when two of our below average players couldn't play this year due to work and we replaced them with two guys who became the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team. Right now they have everyone in the same division but after the half way point in the season they will split the league so half the teams are in the top division and half are in the bottom... With our record, plus the fact that we won last year, i really expect we'll be in the top half.
Wow... I'm starting to feel like a puckbunny

Old
05-21-2008, 07:36 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
LOL I bet you do.

Elisha Cuthbert?

Old
05-21-2008, 07:39 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Elisha Cuthbert?
I don't plan to date the entire NHL! Although if someone wants to pass my number on to Komi...

Old
05-21-2008, 07:40 PM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
Quote:
I don't plan to date the entire NHL! Although if someone wants to pass my number on to Komi...
i was about to say, dont insult LW like that

Old
05-21-2008, 07:41 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
I could.

Old
05-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Kachino
@kachino82

vCash: 50
Quote:
ZOMG Pogge is teh sux!
NE way Lundy = overated!11!1!1
FAIL, Lundqvist is a VEZINA goalie
Pogge is guuna B better than Lundqvist11!!!!

Seriously, I remember a lot of talk about Pogge vs. Lundqvist, but nothing I could force myself to actually listen to.

Leaf fans
Well I guess that chat session was as interesting as Lord Chezz Badger song...

Old
05-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Well you're one bunny with a nice tail....

Old
05-21-2008, 07:44 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Well you're one bunny with a nice tail....
I have to hand it to you, that's one I had not heard before.

Old
05-21-2008, 07:46 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino82 View Post
Being the "unofficial" thread summary guy, I honestly lost count on how many times you've use this word...

Don't worry, I don't think I'll ever stop saying "boring"

Old
05-21-2008, 07:51 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Well, I didn't write anything in the novel.

But I did write a poem --> http://allpoetry.com/poem/4254827 there if anyone is interested.

It stemmed from something I wrote in the novel, which is this (don't read if you don't want to). "Stumbling across my car, just a beat down Honda Accord. The backdoors made gross, unattractive creaking sounds if you moved to open them. The side of windshield was cradling a crack. A crack that was slowly spreading like diabolical fingertips, consuming more of the glass. The pale brown of the paint still took and was still as shiny as the day I had bought it. The paint created the look as if it was new but all kinds of things continued to go wrong with it and in a way that I would come to find out, mirrored Iris perfectly. Beautiful on the outside, seemingly flawless and untouched by the cruel presence of time and circumstance. Yet on the inside, an accident waiting to happen, many broken pieces that are there but not apparent, slowly spreading like the crack on the windshield and one day to be exploited by the tepid rain that will seep on through the crack and disturb the order of things."

Old
05-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:

But I did write a poem --> http://allpoetry.com/poem/4254827 there if anyone is interested.
I just read it and my eyes teared up...

Old
05-21-2008, 07:56 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I just read it and my eyes teared up...
You put on a rough exterior, but we know you bleed the same as I.

Old
05-21-2008, 08:04 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
You put on a rough exterior, but we know you bleed the same as I.
Be you a writer also?

Old
05-21-2008, 08:06 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Be you a writer also?
Yup. I started our writing on a roleplaying chat engine in Yahoo! servers when I was like 13-14 years old. I continued the passion and began to write poetry. I don't do the roleplaying bit anymore and I'm in the midst of writing a novel.

I got accepted at St. Mary's University for a double major in English and Psychology. If I can make a career out of writing, I will. (I love writing, I'd never say it was good, but people tell me I'm good, so that's what I'll say.)

Old
05-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Yup. I started our writing on a roleplaying chat engine in Yahoo! servers when I was like 13-14 years old. I continued the passion and began to write poetry. I don't do the roleplaying bit anymore and I'm in the midst of writing a novel.

I got accepted at St. Mary's University for a double major in English and Psychology. If I can make a career out of writing, I will. (I love writing, I'd never say it was good, but people tell me I'm good, so that's what I'll say.)
The yahoo roleplaying chats or the geek ones?? LOL...

Old
05-21-2008, 08:10 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
The yahoo roleplaying chats or the geek ones?? LOL...
Both?

I won't lie. When I was younger I took the approach that roleplaying stuff like that might be beneficial. I'm always going to be writing from a position of a blend of personal experience and things that have never and may never happen to me. So being convincing with writing from such a position can only be a strength.

That being said, that course only lasted a week or so before it got wayyy too weird to be a part of.

Old
05-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Beakermania*

Oh man I'm so tired and sore from that double shift today....

My summer job is at the hospital where i've been working for years and i fill in on all the vacations and sick days in various departments, I could be doing secretary work, or filing health records, or typing dictation, or shipping/recieving or housekeeping.

Today I was in housekeeping in the dialysis unit and that is a brutal shift at the best of times.... a 14 hour double shift was HELL.... I'm falling asleep at the computer, I think I'm gonna go to bed soon.... Starting again at 6am tomorrow housekeeping in Emergency... but thats only a regular shift thankfully.

And before AD and Fido tells me about all the long hours I'll have to work in articling or as a lawyer, honestly thats different cause its more mentally taxing, which i can handle, but the job in dialysis is physically taxing, you are just run, run, run during the changeover period, disinfecting all the chairs, and it tires you out. Was probably good for me though.... I bet it was a good substitute for my 5k walk i had scheduled today for the battle of the bulge thread.

And lastly.... I wish LW was here, and by here I don't mean the internetz.... I really could use that massage; and I'm not even thinking of a naughty one; just a good backrub for the soreness from bending over to wash the footrests on the chairs all day.

Old
05-21-2008, 08:14 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:

My summer job is at the hospital where i've been working for years and i fill in on all the vacations and sick days in various departments, I could be doing secretary work, or filing health records, or typing dictation, or shipping/recieving or housekeeping.

Today I was in housekeeping in the dialysis unit and that is a brutal shift at the best of times.... a 14 hour double shift was HELL.... I'm falling asleep at the computer, I think I'm gonna go to bed soon.... Starting again at 6am tomorrow housekeeping in Emergency... but thats only a regular shift thankfully.

And before AD and Fido tells me about all the long hours I'll have to work in articling or as a lawyer, honestly thats different cause its more mentally taxing, which i can handle, but the job in dialysis is physically taxing, you are just run, run, run during the changeover period, disinfecting all the chairs, and it tires you out.
Well, you're only working at a hospital? What's the worst a mistake can do?

Old
05-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Well, you're only working at a hospital? What's the worst a mistake can do?
I know you're just kidding, but seriously the C. Difficile bacteria is going around hospitals in my area right now and is causing a lot of problems and many patients have ended up very, very sick and some have even died as a result.

Its been a problem the last month or so in southern ontario.

Old
05-21-2008, 08:20 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
I know you're just kidding, but seriously the C. Difficile bacteria is going around hospitals in my area right now and is causing a lot of problems and many patients have ended up very, very sick and some have even died as a result.

Its been a problem the last month or so in southern ontario.
That's scary man. Well at least the people in Ontario know they have one of the good guys working in their hospital trying to limit it as much as possible.

Good luck man and keep up the work, 14 hours has got to be sickeningly tiring, but even if what you're doing may seem thankless in a vocal sense. You can bet that what you're doing is appreciated by a lot of people.

Old
05-21-2008, 08:21 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:

And before AD and Fido tells me about all the long hours I'll have to work in articling or as a lawyer, honestly thats different cause its more mentally taxing, which i can handle, but the job in dialysis is physically taxing, you are just run, run, run during the changeover period, disinfecting all the chairs, and it tires you out. Was probably good for me though.... I bet it was a good substitute for my 5k walk i had scheduled today for the battle of the bulge thread.

And lastly.... I wish LW was here, and by here I don't mean the internetz.... I really could use that massage; and I'm not even thinking of a naughty one; just a good backrub for the soreness from bending over to wash the footrests on the chairs all day.
Jobs

Seriously, that sounds rough. Get a good night's sleep. I work in the morning tomorrow too and I usually stay to skate after I teach, but I'll be around in the afternoon.

Old
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Jobs

Seriously, that sounds rough. Get a good night's sleep. I work in the morning tomorrow too and I usually stay to skate after I teach, but I'll be around in the afternoon.
I work a 7-4 shift tomorrow. It's one of my favorite days to work, I'm alone in the first hour, I get to put away the order and everything goes by quickly. Before I know it, I've had my break and then I'm on my lunch. I come back, I have three hours to work and they generally go by pretty quickly, especially with an extra break thrown in there.

It's the friday 8-5 shift that I'm dreading, we'll be all caught up on our work. I'll be wandering aimlessly trying to kill time.

Old
05-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
That's scary man. Well at least the people in Ontario know they have one of the good guys working in their hospital trying to limit it as much as possible.

Good luck man and keep up the work, 14 hours has got to be sickeningly tiring, but even if what you're doing may seem thankless in a vocal sense. You can bet that what you're doing is appreciated by a lot of people.
Thanks, yeah, I'm not too worried about it personally cause I've heard its a lot more dangerous if you have a weakened immune system to begin with and I am young and healthy, so I'm not worried about coming in contact with it myself. But I do try to make sure that the chairs in dialysis, the personal tvs, phones, footrests, pillows, etc are all disinfected every time they switch patients in the chairs because those people are already weak and could be affected by it. I know they appreciate it, cause thats the nice thing about dialysis unit, even though it sucks for those people to have to be in there every other day, or some even every day for 4-5 hours, you do get to know them, and they are always in a happy mood and they always thank you for the work you do; whether your the lowly housekeeper, or the nurse, or the dialysis tech, or the doctor it doesn't seem to matter to them..... Its not always that way when you are in other departments, the patients arent always as nice and as friendly, but it seems those who have things the worst are often the ones who look at everything in the most positive light. Its strange that way, but it makes you appreciate what you have too....

And I mean when people think of dialysis they think of 60-70 year old people getting it done, and its true that most of the patients are older.... But some of them are very young, in their 30s and 40s even; and those people are just as nice, friendly, and always seem to be in a good mood and joking around every day.

Quote:
Jobs

Thanks Hon, I think I'll do that and I look forward to talking to you tomorrow.
Have a great Night.

Old
05-21-2008, 08:34 PM
LilWinger11

Sleep tight! Talk to you tomorrow.

Old
05-21-2008, 08:36 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
I work a 7-4 shift tomorrow. It's one of my favorite days to work, I'm alone in the first hour, I get to put away the order and everything goes by quickly. Before I know it, I've had my break and then I'm on my lunch. I come back, I have three hours to work and they generally go by pretty quickly, especially with an extra break thrown in there.

It's the friday 8-5 shift that I'm dreading, we'll be all caught up on our work. I'll be wandering aimlessly trying to kill time.
What's your job?

Closed Thread