Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal from NYR

Old
05-20-2008, 11:23 PM
NYR425

vCash: 500
Trade proposal from NYR

Would you guys trade your #1- what is it 3 or 4 to NYR for 1(21), F- Petr Prucha,
D- Christian Backman, D- Thomas Pock and F- Greg Moore. I believe all 4 players could make your team next season and help out.
If not, what would it take...

NYR425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Lux Aurumque*

No thanks. Backman is absolutely horrible.

It'd take something REALLY good to get a franchise defenseman out of Atlanta's grasp.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:41 PM
NYR425

How about Sanguinetti, Prucha, Moore and #2(51).

NYR425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Sanguinetti is intriguing.

Old
05-21-2008, 01:44 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

How about Dubinsky for the 3rd overall ? Atlanta needs a C for Kovalchuk and they also need to show him that they want to win NOW ! Rangers have already signed their two top C and they are looking to add something on D (Mara,Malik and Rozsival are all UFA's) . That's a fair deal . When you want to trade for a star player or for a top 5 pick you don't send average players who can contribute a little . You send a guy like Dubinsky who fills a major need for Atlanta .

As a Sens fan , I would like to propose a deal :

Vermette,Meszaros and Gerber for

Lehtonen and a 2nd round

Vermette gives you a first line C who can play PP and is one of the best pk-ers in the league and a top 10 face-off guy

Meszaros is a top 4 d-man who can contribute on PP and he can become more responsible in a very good defensive system

Gerber is an average starter in this league but with his experience he represents only a stop gap until Pavelec is ready.

On the other hand Sens find their no 1 goalie and that second round gives us another pick to improve our prospect pool which is one of the weakest in the league

Penner getrdonebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 02:47 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S. Bach View Post
No thanks. Backman is absolutely horrible.

It'd hopefully take something REALLY good to get another franchise defenseman out of Atlanta's grasp.
Fixed it for you...

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 02:52 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmyn View Post
How about Dubinsky for the 3rd overall ? Atlanta needs a C for Kovalchuk and they also need to show him that they want to win NOW ! Rangers have already signed their two top C and they are looking to add something on D (Mara,Malik and Rozsival are all UFA's) . That's a fair deal . When you want to trade for a star player or for a top 5 pick you don't send average players who can contribute a little . You send a guy like Dubinsky who fills a major need for Atlanta .
How about no? Dubinsky doesn't entice me enough to trade a high pick in a deep draft. The Thrashers have to finally start drafting and developing their own players, instead on leaving that to the other team.

Quote:

Off topic, why don't you post a separate thread?

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 02:52 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:

Vermette,Meszaros and Gerber for

Lehtonen and a 2nd round

Vermette gives you a first line C who can play PP and is one of the best pk-ers in the league and a top 10 face-off guy

Meszaros is a top 4 d-man who can contribute on PP and he can become more responsible in a very good defensive system

Gerber is an average starter in this league but with his experience he represents only a stop gap until Pavelec is ready.

On the other hand Sens find their no 1 goalie and that second round gives us another pick to improve our prospect pool which is one of the weakest in the league
From the perspective of people that watch Kari night-in and night-out and understand how good he really is (definite franchise goaltender), not to mention having stood and watched Atlanta struggle to find a solution in net for so long this deal is just not possible. It may come close to matching his value right now, but give Atlanta one more successful season and it's a bad trade.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 03:14 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safir View Post
How about no? Dubinsky doesn't entice me enough to trade a high pick in a deep draft. The Thrashers have to finally start drafting and developing their own players, instead on leaving that to the other team.

Developing takes time . Kovy wants to win now ! He won't re-sign here if he isn't sure that Atlanta will be a dominant team for years to come . The 3rd pick will definitely bring a very good talent but ,that talent is at least 2 years away from being NHL-ready. Instead, you trade that pick for someone who has talent and can contribute now . Sorry , but you waste Kovy's years right now , just like Ottawa does without a franchise goalie..they waste Alfie's years . You have a franchise winger,a franchise goalie(Lehtonen or Pavelec) and a franchise d-man (Enstrom) , you just need a franchise C and Dubinsky fills the bill . After that , surround them with talent via free agency and through draft and Atlanta will become one of the best teams in the NHL .

Old
05-21-2008, 03:58 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Developing takes time . Kovy wants to win now ! He won't re-sign here if he isn't sure that Atlanta will be a dominant team for years to come . The 3rd pick will definitely bring a very good talent but ,that talent is at least 2 years away from being NHL-ready. Instead, you trade that pick for someone who has talent and can contribute now . Sorry , but you waste Kovy's years right now , just like Ottawa does without a franchise goalie..they waste Alfie's years . You have a franchise winger,a franchise goalie(Lehtonen or Pavelec) and a franchise d-man (Enstrom) , you just need a franchise C and Dubinsky fills the bill . After that , surround them with talent via free agency and through draft and Atlanta will become one of the best teams in the NHL .
You have to start developing talent once. Homegrown players are also likely to be more loyal to the team, which has brought them up. Kovalchuk is a picture perfect example. "Mercenaries" like Hossa don't have that sense. I want no more mercenaries!!!

We are wasting Kovy years, because of a.) the failure to draft & develop top forward talent b.) the failure to sign capable Top6 forwards UFA.

You carelessly throw around the term franchise (minus Kovy) here:

- Lehtonen isn't a franchise goalie. He has tools to become a franchise goalie one day. BTW, I'd only consider Brodeur and Luongo franchise goalies.

- Defenseman like Pronger, Niedermayer or Lidstrom are franchise Dman. Erik Johnsson has the potential to elevate himself to that level one day. IMO, Toby has the upside of an All-Star top-paring Dman (incl. PP QB.)

- Dubinski may end up being a #1 center, perhaps an All-Star, but I heavily doubt that he'll be a franchise center.

Old
05-21-2008, 05:49 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

If he plays like an ALL-STAR goalie,d-man or Center and is loyal to your team signing a long-term contract , you can call him a franchise player . So , how is gonna Atlanta convince Kovy to re-sign here ? As I said before , the third pick overall will take time to develop but Kovy wants to win NOW ! If I'm the GM of Atlanta, I would try to trade the 3rd overall for a no 1 C (Dubinsky,J Staal,O'Sullivan,Carter) + a d-man NHL ready , then I would pick from free agency a winger and a top 4 d-man and make the playoffs for the first year. Kovy will see that and re-sign here for the rest of his career. If you don't make a step forward , Kovy will be pissed-off and ask for a trade,because the guy is a winner .

Old
05-21-2008, 06:23 AM
BeatsPerMinute

Enstrom is not a franchise Dman. Like Safir said, he could be an all-star, but he's no Lidstrom, Pronger, or even Phaneuf or Johnson at this point.

As for Dubinsky being a franchise center? You're absolutely crazy. The kid had a decent rookie season and all of a sudden he's worth the 3rd overall pick? Absolutely ridiculous. When Doughty turns 21, he will probably already outscore Dubinsky when he was 21 (this year).

BeatsPerMinute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 07:23 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

If the Thrashers are going to move a 1st rounder, it will be Pittsburghs.

You don't pass up on a Pronger/Lidstrom/Neidermeyer type defenseman.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

Then good luck re-signing Kovy

Old
05-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Safir*

Quote:
If he plays like an ALL-STAR goalie,d-man or Center and is loyal to your team signing a long-term contract , you can call him a franchise player.
According to that Daniel Briere is a franchise player for the Flyers, despite the fact that he has just finished his first season in Philly.

Quote:
So , how is gonna Atlanta convince Kovy to re-sign here ? As I said before , the third pick overall will take time to develop but Kovy wants to win NOW ! If I'm the GM of Atlanta, I would try to trade the 3rd overall for a no 1 C (Dubinsky,J Staal,O'Sullivan,Carter) + a d-man NHL ready , then I would pick from free agency a winger and a top 4 d-man and make the playoffs for the first year. Kovy will see that and re-sign here for the rest of his career. If you don't make a step forward , Kovy will be pissed-off and ask for a trade,because the guy is a winner .
Thrasher fans have different idea's about resigning Kovy. Some think he'll resign either way, some want to make offersheets to RFA, some even want to trade him and the rest is in between.

All I hear is center, center and center. Do you even realize that Atlanta doesn't have a true Top6 RW under contract or in the system? That's a MAJOR weakness for us. I'm confident in Little as our #1 center, btw.

Kovy wants to win! In order to help the Thrashers I'd would use the backdoor approach. Sign two Top4 Dman and a bottom pairing Dman in the off-season to stablize the Swiss cheese like defense. Getting a capable Top6 RW is another must this offseason. Hopefully, the GM doesn't limited himself to North America in order to find those perspective Thrashers.

P.S. Patrick O'Sullivan is mostly used as a left winger, not primarily as a center.

Last edited by Safir*: 05-21-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old
05-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
How about Sanguinetti, Prucha, Moore and #2(51).
That makes no sense for either team.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 08:42 AM
hlundqvist30*

Dear Thrashers fans,

Please ignore this retarded proposal which is clearly made to get rid of the Rangers' garbage to receive something worthwhile.

Sincerely,

The Rangers Fanbase

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 07:42 PM
The Maltais Falcon

While you're at it, why don't you apologize to the Thrashers fanbase for reminding us of Rumun Ndur?

The Maltais Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Would you guys trade your #1- what is it 3 or 4 to NYR for 1(21), F- Petr Prucha,
D- Christian Backman, D- Thomas Pock and F- Greg Moore. I believe all 4 players could make your team next season and help out.
Translation: "Here's a bunch of spare parts that are not very important to my team. Your team sucks so bad you should just hand over that stud prospect you're about to draft"

ummm--no thanks.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 08:00 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maltais Falcon View Post
While you're at it, why don't you apologize to the Thrashers fanbase for reminding us of Rumun Ndur?
The sad thing is he doesn't even make the 5 Worst D in franchise history.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRus View Post
Enstrom is not a franchise Dman. Like Safir said, he could be an all-star, but he's no Lidstrom, Pronger, or even Phaneuf or Johnson at this point.
I agree with most of what you said, but you're crazy to say Johnson is better than Enstrom. Enstrom is way ahead of Johnson at this point in time, but Johnson MAY be better in a few years.

Old
05-21-2008, 11:44 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maltais Falcon View Post
Sorry. No apoligies. I only accept gratitude and gifts in the form of the US Dollar for reminding you of our savior.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:56 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:

that is horrendous.

i cant believe you thought they would remotely consider this? throw in Hollweg as well and thats all our junk in one trade.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote