HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Flyers prospects

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Al Alven

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Al Alven
Flyers prospects

Oiler's Chick (or anyone else who might wish to answer),

Just doing my weekly spin through the NCAA boards here at HF, and figured I'd throw this out. I'm preparing to do a write-up on the Flyers' collegiate prospects at some point during the next few weeks and was just wondering if you had any specific thoughts on the following:

Bernd Bruckler (Wisconsin)
John Eichelberger (Wisconsin)
Dov Grumet-Morris (Harvard)
Joey Mormina (Colgate)
Colin Shields (Maine)

Just wondering... I'm always looking for more insight, and you always seem so plugged in to the NCAA scene.

Thanks!

Old
02-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Alven

Just doing my weekly spin through the NCAA boards here at HF, and figured I'd throw this out. I'm preparing to do a write-up on the Flyers' collegiate prospects at some point during the next few weeks and was just wondering if you had any specific thoughts on the following:

Joey Mormina (Colgate)
Colin Shields (Maine)

Just wondering... I'm always looking for more insight, and you always seem so plugged in to the NCAA scene.

Thanks!
Be happy to. However, I can't give you anything excect perhaps some stats on Mormina because I have yet to see Colgate this season. In fact, I don't think I'll see Colgate until the ECAC Playoffs. The others are no problem, because I've seen all of them several times already this season. Shoot me a PM and let me know what exactly you need.

Old
02-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Hockeypuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Alven

Joey Mormina (Colgate)
Colin Shields (Maine)

Thanks!
I've seen most of the games Shields has played at Maine in the last 3 years and I honestly believe he has regressed over that period. He skates well and has a cannon for a shot,but he needs someone else on his line to create scoring opportunities. He's as soft as it gets(think Craig Janney) and has a tendency to pull up when going after a puck near the boards because he won't take a hit even if it means the opposing team has a chance to turn it into transition. That being said when he does decide to show up and work he makes an impact like the BU game a few weeks ago when he had 5 points. Pretty much in summary his work ethic is poor,but he's also a pure sniper.

Closed Thread