HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Season!

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Gumballhead

vCash: 500
The Season!

Did y'all watch? Not a whole lot of juicy stuff, but the Halloween party/rookie hazing thing had me rolling. Definitely an entertaining view. I think the most uncomfortable moment was not hearing Footer yell at the room, but when Sakic told a room full of little kids that his favorite band is the Eagles. Thankfully the little dears had no idea what he meant, but I sure did. oooof.

And on the little preview of part 2, they showed some stuff from the Avs-Wings game last week. That time where Worrell got the penalty for...um, whatever he did, Maltby was backing away and whining "I can do whatever I want!" in the same way the principal's son might say that to another student when they were about to kick his butt. I wanted to punch my TV.

Old
02-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Breck Av

A great hour of TV. My only complaint is that the new players got most of the air time. Cummins, Worrell, Kariya, Selanne, Konowalchuk had the biggest parts. We've watched Sakic, Forsberg, Foote, Hejduk, Tanguay for so long and they really played a minimal role.

I wanted to see more about Forsberg, he has been so reserved in his 9 years here about his personal life. I guess it was a good bet that he wasn't going to want that much spotlight on ESPN.

My favorite part was how the "computer geeks" all play Tiger Woods 2004 on their laptops during flights and Forsberg always loses .

I also enjoyed the Foote speech during the closed-door meeting early in the year. Not a surprise that he would be the most vocal in that situation.

Or when Granato was critisizing the team for not playing a 60 minute game and telling them that they're so damn good that they can get away with it, but it won't work in the playoffs.

They said that part 2 will air in May. I wonder if they will push it back to June if everything goes as planned on the Avs' end?

Old
02-12-2004, 10:36 PM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
Did y'all watch? Not a whole lot of juicy stuff, but the Halloween party/rookie hazing thing had me rolling. Definitely an entertaining view. I think the most uncomfortable moment was not hearing Footer yell at the room, but when Sakic told a room full of little kids that his favorite band is the Eagles. Thankfully the little dears had no idea what he meant, but I sure did. oooof.

And on the little preview of part 2, they showed some stuff from the Avs-Wings game last week. That time where Worrell got the penalty for...um, whatever he did, Maltby was backing away and whining "I can do whatever I want!" in the same way the principal's son might say that to another student when they were about to kick his butt. I wanted to punch my TV.

Pretty entertaining. I loved Footer in it, you really see what a great leader he is. The biggest problem that I had with the program is that gay bast*rd James Hetfield was the narrator. I hope they get Kiefer Sutherland for part 2.

Old
02-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Sauve has some nice legs

I sort of agree with you Breck in wanting to see the behind the scenes of the more familar players; however the scene with Cummins at SoundTrack was priceless. I enjoyed the entire program. Well done by ESPN.

Old
02-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Forsberg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Av
A great hour of TV. My only complaint is that the new players got most of the air time. Cummins, Worrell, Kariya, Selanne, Konowalchuk had the biggest parts. We've watched Sakic, Forsberg, Foote, Hejduk, Tanguay for so long and they really played a minimal role.

I wanted to see more about Forsberg, he has been so reserved in his 9 years here about his personal life. I guess it was a good bet that he wasn't going to want that much spotlight on ESPN.

My favorite part was how the "computer geeks" all play Tiger Woods 2004 on their laptops during flights and Forsberg always loses .

I also enjoyed the Foote speech during the closed-door meeting early in the year. Not a surprise that he would be the most vocal in that situation.

Or when Granato was critisizing the team for not playing a 60 minute game and telling them that they're so damn good that they can get away with it, but it won't work in the playoffs.

They said that part 2 will air in May. I wonder if they will push it back to June if everything goes as planned on the Avs' end?
I enjoyed it a lot. I loved the part where Foote was wearing Kariya's boots . Just hilarious. Cummins with the whole 'cheapskate' Kariya thing was also a blast.

I saw the whole thing but I wonder if they'll replay it. I'd like to record it, anyone know if it'll be on again?

Old
02-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
I believe it will be on again on Monday or Tuesday of next week. Somebody mentioned that they plan on releasing these episodes on DVD sometime in the summer.

Old
02-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Breck Av

I was fine with Hetfield as the narrator, he didn't really have too many speaking parts, plus I enjoyed the "Nothing Else Matters" opening montage.

What was Sakic supposed to be for Halloween? He had a huge fake scar on his neck and a wierd costume. Hejduk was lounging on the couch as an original gangsta.

Tanguay was almost completely left out tonight. Even Cody McCormick got more air time.

Old
02-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Count the Cash
Goalie Depth

Pretty neat show. Cool to see the different dynamics between this and last years Red Wing's "Season".

Old
02-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
The Denver Post has reported a couple of times that Forsberg doesn't let reporters into his home, so he won't let the media get too close to his personal life.

Old
02-13-2004, 12:03 AM
DarioinDenver

Let there be no doubt Foote is the heart of this Avalanche team.

Old
02-13-2004, 02:05 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
I want to know where that seen is where McCormick is telling Bertuzzi he doesn't give a **** who he is. They teased that scene when they previewed The Season during one of the ESPN games this year. Anybody remember that. I loved the show, but I'm a little disapointed. It kinda seemed like they jsut threw a bunch of footage together, and didn't try to do too much with it. Maybe it's because it was so hyped up, and I have been looking foward to this show all year. I was kinda hoping they would be more in depth on the coverage of the ups and downs of the season. I think they should have made the show two hours instead of one, because I didn't really get as much of a feeling on how it is to be an NHL player, as I thought I would after the show. I can't believe they weren't able to get one shot of what Forsberg's costume was on Haloween, although maybe they did and I just missed it. If they did show one thing, it's how important Cummins is to the team, with his sense of humor, and his team first presence he has. He was also one of the leaders that spoke up in the closed doors meeting, so he does a lot more for the team than most people think. I'm not sure what the funnier thing was, the rookies in their costumes (especially McCormick with those Batman pointy ears) or how cool ESPN was trying to make Forsberg look sitting on that park bench.

Old
02-13-2004, 04:28 AM
MileHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
I want to know where that seen is where McCormick is telling Bertuzzi he doesn't give a **** who he is. They teased that scene when they previewed The Season during one of the ESPN games this year. Anybody remember that. I loved the show, but I'm a little disapointed. It kinda seemed like they jsut threw a bunch of footage together, and didn't try to do too much with it. Maybe it's because it was so hyped up, and I have been looking foward to this show all year. I was kinda hoping they would be more in depth on the coverage of the ups and downs of the season. I think they should have made the show two hours instead of one, because I didn't really get as much of a feeling on how it is to be an NHL player, as I thought I would after the show. I can't believe they weren't able to get one shot of what Forsberg's costume was on Haloween, although maybe they did and I just missed it. If they did show one thing, it's how important Cummins is to the team, with his sense of humor, and his team first presence he has. He was also one of the leaders that spoke up in the closed doors meeting, so he does a lot more for the team than most people think. I'm not sure what the funnier thing was, the rookies in their costumes (especially McCormick with those Batman pointy ears) or how cool ESPN was trying to make Forsberg look sitting on that park bench.
I agree. I saw that part and was hoping they would also focus a little bit more on all of the rookies on the team but it was mainly just about Selanne and Kariya(which I pretty much expected).

I also wish it would of been a bit longer. While I definetly enjoyed the parts like the Halloween party and what people do on the plane trips; I wanted to see more of the actual games and the good and bad reactions following games.

I also felt it was weird when they jumped from the middle of November, straight to the end of January in Kariya's return to Anahiem. They skipped almost entirely over their record setting month. Perhaps this is some of the material that would be added on the DVD when it comes out.

All in all a great job by ESPN and I can't wait for May(hopefully June )

Old
02-13-2004, 08:39 AM
cazzy

http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/new...ails.asp?ID=32

replay schedule down at the botton of the story

Old
02-13-2004, 10:12 AM
WCHA Fan

Quote:
What was Sakic supposed to be for Halloween? He had a huge fake scar on his neck and a wierd costume.
Sakic and Selanne went to the party as Siegfried and Roy. Sakic was dressed as Roy after the tiger attack.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:56 AM
dats-13

Quote:
That time where Worrell got the penalty for...um, whatever he did, Maltby was backing away and whining "I can do whatever I want!" in the same way the principal's son might say that to another student when they were about to kick his butt. I wanted to punch my TV.
lol, he said "******* you, ******* you, I'll do whatever i want

that was hilarious, Maltby's the man

Old
02-13-2004, 11:05 AM
Breck Av

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCHA Fan
Sakic and Selanne went to the party as Siegfried and Roy. Sakic was dressed as Roy after the tiger attack.
Thank you! How could I miss that, it's so obvious now.

Maltby sure showed Worrell that "he's the man".

Old
02-13-2004, 11:16 AM
CCC

Send a message via AIM to CCC
interesting

as a long time Hershey Bears fan I just sat here thinking...
what did the Bears players, who were invited to camp, think when they were sitting in that room with all those stars.

I mean, why wouldn't you play your butt off down on the farm once you get a smell of the place.

Quite the organization. Top class!

I look forward to the May showing.

Old
02-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
lol, he said "******* you, ******* you, I'll do whatever i want

that was hilarious, Maltby's the man
Running away from a confrontation and mouthing off like a little kid hiding behind the teacher at recess? I don't think "man" is the word I'd use.

Old
02-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Gumballhead

[QUOTE=dats-13]
That's really classy, dude.

Quote:
Maltby was doing his job for those who know little to nothing about the type of player Maltby is, he was getting other players off their game...
I know all about Maltby, trust me. For those who know little to nothing about anything, it's completely natural for him to be hated by anyone who is not a Wings fan. He does get players off their game, by playing cheap and dirty a lot of the time. The fact that he won't fight his own battles only makes him more "lovable" to me.

Last edited by Gee Wally: 02-13-2004 at 12:04 PM. Reason: to remove racial quote
Old
02-13-2004, 12:14 PM
dats-13

Quote:
I know all about Maltby, trust me. For those who know little to nothing about anything, it's completely natural for him to be hated by anyone who is not a Wings fan. He does get players off their game, by playing cheap and dirty a lot of the time. The fact that he won't fight his own battles only makes him more "lovable" to me.
we can compare Ricci to a peacock....
Salo to any ugly character on "Lord Of The Rings"...
call Theo a useless drunk....
call Palffy a wife-beater....
but when I call Worrell a gorilla all of a sudden its a "racial slur"????

anyways Colorado fans aren't ones to talk about cheap and dirty when your superstar players resort to obvious dives to get the calls they want....

Old
02-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
we can compare Ricci to a peacock....
Salo to any ugly character on "Lord Of The Rings"...
call Theo a useless drunk....
call Palffy a wife-beater....
but when I call Worrell a gorilla all of a sudden its a "racial slur"????

anyways Colorado fans aren't ones to talk about cheap and dirty when your superstar players resort to obvious dives to get the calls they want....
the answer is yes.. me amongst others consider it a racial slur.

some of those other comments are libel...

If you have ANY further comments on the subject PM me. This isn't open to debate.

and .. I only ask ONCE.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
02-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

I liked Paul Kariya's costume the best. Perhaps they can get him to do the Iron Chef.

Who were the two guys who dressed as Ninjas? And who was it that called Paul "a Chinese guy"?

Old
02-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
I liked Paul Kariya's costume the best. Perhaps they can get him to do the Iron Chef.

Who were the two guys who dressed as Ninjas? And who was it that called Paul "a Chinese guy"?
I'm pretty sure that was Footer. You can see that Paul gets kidded constantly, I almost feel sorry for the guy. :p

Old
02-13-2004, 06:28 PM
nathan

Weren't the two ninja the camera crew?

I think Foote had a mustache.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Weren't the two ninja the camera crew?

I think Foote had a mustache.
I meant Foote made the crack about Kariya. I don't know who the ninjas were - that's how they operate.

Closed Thread