HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

The Season!

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2004, 01:48 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
I meant Foote made the crack about Kariya. I don't know who the ninjas were - that's how they operate.
Who the eff was Foote? Starsky? Sonny Bono? Gawd, he looked hilarious.

Anyways, very enjoyable hour, I dvr'd it straight to mpeg2. I'll admit, I also was eagerly waiting for that McCormick spot. Good to see Worrell take his role seriously, especially when he went down with an injury right away. Surprised to see he has very little of an accent.

Cummins' spot was a nice slice of "awwwww."

Konowalchuk looks like an extra right out of Revenge of the Nerds. I mean, not only is he a lot skinnier than I imagined, but the whole tucked in t-shirt thing, ick. Oh well, at least he's got on deflections.

Worrell rocking out to Godsmack was tight. Foote speaking up in the room BETTER put to rest any doubts of those boneheads on the main board who criticize his leadership in proportion to the rest of the league. Also was a bit reassuring to see that Granato was saying all the things that we were always getting upset about during those long nights after an Avs loss.

Looking forward to Part 2.

Last edited by Ensane: 02-14-2004 at 01:57 AM.
Old
02-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Konowalchuk looks like an extra right out of Revenge of the Nerds. I mean, not only is he a lot skinnier than I imagined, but the whole tucked in t-shirt thing, ick. Oh well, at least he's got on deflections.

Also was a bit reassuring to see that Granato was saying all the things that we were always getting upset about during those long nights after an Avs loss.
Kono may look like a nerd, but he managed to pull a pretty hot wife, as did a few other players. I don't know who's wife it was, but the brunette that waived to the camera, when Cummins was talking about how it was good to see the guys and their wives during the Halloween party, was absolutely stunning. Man, those hockey players sure have a tough life.

I agree about Granato. We may have been giving him a tough time this year, but all in all, I think he knows what he's doing. It was good to see that even though Granato likes to stay positive, he still knows when to tell the team they are playing like crap, and they need to step it up, as opposed to last year, where I thought he was just a little too positive. I think the show also showed Toccet's value to the team, especially when going over video about New Jersey's trap. We aren't the number one team in the league by having a bad coaching staff. Somebody has to come up with a system and get the players to play it, as well as motivate the guys before and after games. Unfortunately for him, he still has to prove himself in the playoffs, along with Abby, before people stop questioning their abilities.

Closed Thread