HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps\Preds GDT: The new, late, safe edition.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2004, 11:28 AM
  #1
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
Caps\Preds GDT: The new, late, safe edition.

I hope this works

I'm hearing Vokoun is going back to his old pads...but I'd give Mason this start, anyway.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 11:36 AM
  #2
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I hope this works

I'm hearing Vokoun is going back to his old pads...but I'd give Mason this start, anyway.
I agree...I can't understand why Vokoun would switch his pads at all, for newer pads when the ones he had, have been working just fine, what a stupid way to waste 3 games, giving up HUGE rebounds...I hope to god they start Mason as well

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 11:59 AM
  #3
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I agree...I can't understand why Vokoun would switch his pads at all, for newer pads when the ones he had, have been working just fine, what a stupid way to waste 3 games, giving up HUGE rebounds...I hope to god they start Mason as well
it actually goes back further than that. he got the new pads around the time he came back from the flu.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 01:25 PM
  #4
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
it actually goes back further than that. he got the new pads around the time he came back from the flu.
while maybe he's not used to the new pads...I think TV's problem is a mental game for the most part.

crossxcheck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 02:38 PM
  #5
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,508
vCash: 500
I also think he is struggling a bit with the pressure. Last year, he brought the team out of a terrible slump, and they rode on his back. This year, the Preds have come out as playoff contenders from the get go. Lots of pressure to perform. He may slump for a bit, but thats ok as long as Mason can keep up his good play. If we do make the playoffs, I expect him to be in top shape.

Enoch is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 04:32 PM
  #6
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
http://tennessean.com/sports/predato...nt_ID=46897366

good news for tonight!!!

crossxcheck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 04:43 PM
  #7
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Good to see we'll start Mason. Not exactly sure what's wrong with Vokoun, most likely a number of combination of things, the new pads, lack of confidence, etc. There are plenty of games left, we're not even close to being out of the playoffs yet, we just need to get back on track, and let's hope Mason can help get us back on track tonight.

golfmade is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 04:45 PM
  #8
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Good to see we'll start Mason. Not exactly sure what's wrong with Vokoun, most likely a number of combination of things, the new pads, lack of confidence, etc. There are plenty of games left, we're not even close to being out of the playoffs yet, we just need to get back on track, and let's hope Mason can help get us back on track tonight.

we've been fortunate in that the blues are giving us a lot of help...by not winning. we need to start putting some distance in between us and them.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 07:04 PM
  #9
Marshall
Too right, man.
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Old Town Alexandria
Posts: 11,845
vCash: 500
Hey, Preds fans. Caps fan here, and this is the first time I'm going to watch the Predators this season. Any advice on who to watch, or players who are below the radar to keep an eye on? Thanks.

Marshall is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 07:09 PM
  #10
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
Hey, Preds fans. Caps fan here, and this is the first time I'm going to watch the Predators this season. Any advice on who to watch, or players who are below the radar to keep an eye on? Thanks.
One of my fav players to watch is Orszagh, keep an eye on him.

golfmade is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 07:17 PM
  #11
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
GOAL! Let's go Preds

golfmade is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 07:23 PM
  #12
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
One of my fav players to watch is Orszagh, keep an eye on him.
What'd I tell ya, ORSZAGH!!!

golfmade is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 07:43 PM
  #13
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
some VERY shaky officiating, thus far. i'm still curious to hear why tootoo was assessed the match penalty.

hall a healthy scratch.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 07:46 PM
  #14
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
some VERY shaky officiating, thus far. i'm still curious to hear why tootoo was assessed the match penalty.

hall a healthy scratch.
Agreed, then again it's been an odd night so far, Friday the 13th, both Preds goals are each guys' 13th goal of the year, and it's only the first period!

golfmade is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 07:56 PM
  #15
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Agreed, then again it's been an odd night so far, Friday the 13th, both Preds goals are each guys' 13th goal of the year, and it's only the first period!

the official call on NHL.com for the match penalty was "intent to injure" which i didn't see. it wasn't even as intense of a fight as the first one.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 08:01 PM
  #16
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
oh, tape on his hands.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 08:05 PM
  #17
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
the official call on NHL.com for the match penalty was "intent to injure" which i didn't see. it wasn't even as intense of a fight as the first one.
It didn't sound like anything bad (I'm at work, listening to the game online).

How has Mason looked , doesn't seem like he's faced many shots so far.

golfmade is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 08:15 PM
  #18
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
It didn't sound like anything bad (I'm at work, listening to the game online).

How has Mason looked , doesn't seem like he's faced many shots so far.

hasn't faced many shots, but looks sharp. his style is a lot like dunham's. very glove-based, rather than pad\blocker like vokoun. stays in his net. conservative, but safe.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 08:20 PM
  #19
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
The Zidster!!!

3-1

golfmade is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 08:23 PM
  #20
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
that's the second VERY weak call on York. The first slash to start the period wasn't even a slash.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 08:43 PM
  #21
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Hartnell!!!!

golfmade is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 09:05 PM
  #22
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Woot, another goal! Guys are workin darn hard

golfmade is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 09:05 PM
  #23
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
aaaand it's a taco night!

wyatt smith!

5-1!

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 09:07 PM
  #24
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
aaaand it's a taco night!

wyatt smith!

5-1!
It'd be great if someone could overnight me a taco

golfmade is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 09:37 PM
  #25
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Strong win. Let's get this stalled train moving again!

golfmade is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.