HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Last night shows how heartless this team is

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2004, 07:55 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Last night shows how heartless this team is

With 15 minutes left in a tied game, Philly loses it's top 2 centers and what do the Rangers do? Nothing.

Yes they outshot the Flyers 12-4, but aside from Jagr's goal that wasn't they got nothing going in terms of sustained offensive pressure. Shots from the outside in which a goalie isn't screened will be stopped. Not getting shots on the PP is an absolute joke.

I guess it's all of those 5 on the goalie PP practices.

This team is SO much worse than it's record would indicate.

what a f---ing joke.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 02-13-2004 at 11:37 AM.
Old
02-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
With 15 minutes left in a tied game, Philly loses it's top 2 centers and what do the Rangers do? Nothing.

Yes they outshot the Flyers 12-4, but aside from Jagr's goal that wasn't they got nothing going in terms of sustained offensive pressure. Shots from the outside in which a goalie isn't screened will be stopped. Not getting shots on the PP is an absolute joke.

what a ****ing joke.
dude, the Rangers did what they could in the last 10 mins, Burke was sound and stoned eveyone. It's just great that as a Flyers' fan I can actually say that now....i think i'll say it again..Our goalie was sound, oh man it's been a long wait

Old
02-13-2004, 09:30 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
:dude, the Rangers did what they could in the last 10 mins, Burke was sound and stoned eveyone. It's just great that as a Flyers' fan I can actually say that now....i think i'll say it again..Our goalie was sound, oh man it's been a long wait
Not for nothing, but let's not get carried away here. Let's recall that in fact, the Rangers tied the game up, but thanks to lack of a replay, that was never called. No doubt that Burke played great, but let's not forget that he was pretty lucky as well.

Old
02-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

what a ****ing joke.

What do you expect? In this day & age, very few players in this league can make the difference. The system of the 5 man unit is whats most important, and Hitchcock is as good as anyone at it. It didn't matter if we had Forsberg & Lidstrom last night, if Slats keeps coaching like this was 1987 we'll lose. Come on, the Flys lose their top two Centers and we barely make a dent in their defense! It's ridiculous, we need a coach plain & simple.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Practices, that's funny. Seriously, the only thing this team ever seems to do at the OPTIONAL practices is "work on the breakout". I can assure you, no work is being done on the PP, 5 on goaltender or otherwise.

And honestly, that was the best Ranger performance I've seen since the 5-0 win over Montreal. If they'd have put in efforts like that against MIN and BUF and they would have been easy wins.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Fletch

Agreed, Melrose...

they gave up 20 shots and shot 26(?) on goal. They matched very well with Philly. It was a tight game, surprisingly, and Burke, in the end, showed us why Philly acquired him. And I'm not usually one to blame refs, and I didn't see Jagr's goal, but I don't understand why such a close call wasn't reviewed upstairs or in Toronto. That's a system's that's gotta work. You can understand on-ice officials screwing up, but when a person's job is to review goals and non-goals, and he's got so little to do since there' not much to look at, you would've thought something close like that would've been reviewed.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:41 AM
pld459666

The only thing they did was score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax

dude, the Rangers did what they could in the last 10 mins, Burke was sound and stoned eveyone. It's just great that as a Flyers' fan I can actually say that now....i think i'll say it again..Our goalie was sound, oh man it's been a long wait

a goal that wasn't credited, and after that they did nothing.

If you say that taking 8-10 shots over a 15 minute span doing all they can, well therein lies the real problem.

The Rangers had the opportunity to really demoralize the Flyers after their top 2 centers went down and didn't do it. Instead Kapanen scored on a BS wrister and the limp d!ck Rangers do nothing bu shoot from the perimeter.

1 shot on 4 PP opportunities is a joke.

I'm not trying to discredit the Flyers, I commend them for winning a game that had every right to lose. I'm just more upset with the fact that the Rangers as a team didn't do all that they could do to make the outcome different.

They should have been like a pack of starving stray dogs pouncing on a piece of meat, but instead they were the FAT CATs yet again content to let things come to them.

Old
02-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Pearl Necklace

Quote:
I'm just more upset with the fact that the Rangers as a team didn't do all that they could do to make the outcome different.

They should have been like a pack of starving stray dogs pouncing on a piece of meat, but instead they were the FAT CATs yet again content to let things come to them.

PLD I agree with you. Now stop getting upset and stressed over this season. They are already eliminated. Its a lost cause and not worth caring about anymore.

Since I've stopped watching these ****** 2 weeks ago, I've seen some great hockey games on NHL Center Ice. Atlanta, Calgary, Vancouver, there are some exciting teams that will help you enjoy the rest of the season.

Old
02-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Stajan Fan

Quote:
a goal that wasn't credited, and after that they did nothing.

If you say that taking 8-10 shots over a 15 minute span doing all they can, well therein lies the real problem.

The Rangers had the opportunity to really demoralize the Flyers after their top 2 centers went down and didn't do it. Instead Kapanen scored on a BS wrister and the limp d!ck Rangers do nothing bu shoot from the perimeter.

1 shot on 4 PP opportunities is a joke.

I'm not trying to discredit the Flyers, I commend them for winning a game that had every right to lose. I'm just more upset with the fact that the Rangers as a team didn't do all that they could do to make the outcome different.

Haven't they been doing that for the last 3 years. I seem to think so.

Old
02-13-2004, 12:44 PM
anonymous*

Not trying to start an argument, but I believe it wasn't called a goal on ice or from replay is because you couldn't actually say where the puck was. He didn't have to reach behind him and pull it out of the net.

Old
02-13-2004, 01:38 PM
pld459666

Your point being??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stajan Fan
Haven't they been doing that for the last 3 years. I seem to think so.

Not sure what you are trying to get at?

Old
02-13-2004, 04:20 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl Necklace
Now stop getting upset and stressed over this season. They are already eliminated. Its a lost cause and not worth caring about anymore.
I can live with that, in fact I welcome it if Sather recognizes it and begins building the future instead of trying to make up eight points in the standings.

Old
02-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Hankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
I can live with that, in fact I welcome it if Sather recognizes it and begins building the future instead of trying to make up eight points in the standings.
Hasn't happened in the past, so I'm not holding my breath. :mad:

Old
02-13-2004, 06:36 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
Not trying to start an argument, but I believe it wasn't called a goal on ice or from replay is because you couldn't actually say where the puck was. He didn't have to reach behind him and pull it out of the net.

Anyone can say what they will now because the game is over and it didn't count, but the puck was behind the line no doubt about it.
The puck went into Burke's glove and stayed there. His whole glove was behind the line. I dont' need to see the puck to realize that....

But again it's a moot point. Things like that happen to every team. The fact is, the Flyers lost 2 of their better players and the Rangers didn't do what they needed to. Jump on the Flyers with pressure right after what happened to Preimeau(sp, sorry I'm horrible) but they did nothing, nothing at all to warrant a win.

I was *gasp* happy to see the Flyers win, it truely shows how much this team really cares about winning. I was watching it with a Jersey fan and he was more upset about the Flyers winning than I was. It was a sick and disgusting game again. Jussi had a very decent game he's not to blame what so ever. I still dont' see why Sather (seems to) needs to pick up a goalie. Split the time equally with them both and leave it at that. Fernandez, Turek, ect ect are all going to have the EXACT same results here as anyone else would. Try playing in front of a defense that has more holes than swiss cheeze and see what happens.

Closed Thread