3. Taratukhin
4. Ramholt
5. Maki
6. Medvedev
7. Trubachev
8. Krahn
9. Zainullin
10. Moore
I might have a bit different order, but those are probably the correct 10 players. Great to see guys like Maki and Moore who are under the radar get notice, even though some here have been noticing them for quite some time.

Old
02-13-2004, 01:12 PM
looooob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin' Griz
I might have a bit different order, but those are probably the correct 10 players. Great to see guys like Maki and Moore who are under the radar get notice, even though some here have been noticing them for quite some time.
agree. I think the list is pretty close, although mine would probably be:

1. Phaneuf
2. Nystrom
3. Ramholt
4. Taratukhin
5. Medvedev
6. Trubachev
7. Maki
8. Krahn
9. Moore
10.McElhinney

it may seem excessive to have 3 goalies in the top 10, but I think jury is still out to which guy will win the job

Last edited by looooob: 02-13-2004 at 05:48 PM.
Old
02-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Badger Bob

Wonder how Taratukhin drove his value up so high. For that matter, it was a surprise that the much-maligned Zainullin went top 10, after barely registering on Lawrence Bailey's prospect poll. Obviously, TSN knows something, that most us don't here.

Old
02-13-2004, 02:53 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Wonder how Taratukhin drove his value up so high. For that matter, it was a surprise that the much-maligned Zainullin went top 10, after barely registering on Lawrence Bailey's prospect poll. Obviously, TSN knows something, that most us don't here.
Taratukhin was top 60 in THN last year, so they are consistent with their approval of him

Old
02-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Wonder how Taratukhin drove his value up so high.
He's always been that highly regarded in my mind especially after centering Russia's 2nd line in the last World Juniors he played in. As Loob points out, he was an honorable mention in last year's THN as he finished just outside the top 50 when they polled league executives and scouts.

Quote:
For that matter, it was a surprise that the much-maligned Zainullin went top 10, after barely registering on Lawrence Bailey's prospect poll. Obviously, TSN knows something, that most us don't here.
Zainullin has never been fairly judged by most Calgary fans. I'm not sure if this is because they had never heard of him or because it was Savard who was dealt for him. What most do not seem to realize is that he was a very high 2nd rounder and that his stock hasn't dropped that much. Just because a player is traded does not mean his development is going down the tubes, sometimes it indicates that a lot of teams are interested in him. I'm not trying to say he's a bluechipper but he's a big winger with NHL skating and some skill and he's not out of place in a top 10 list like this.

Old
02-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
I'm not sure if this is because they had never heard of him or because it was Savard who was dealt for him.
Probably the latter. Not to get another controversy going, but that effort may have been led by the same ringleader who couldn't wait to run "Special Nieds" out of Dodge.

Old
02-14-2004, 01:41 AM
kruezer

I like it, I might have Nystrom a little lower, but I'm not his biggest fan and could be a little biased.

Its definetaly tough to rank the Russians though, the only time I ever have seen any of them has been in WJC and thats a while past now. I'll have to trust THN on that one.

Old
02-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Another player who could show up for next falls camp is swedish defenseman Jonas Frögren (born 1980) who finally has put his things together. This big, defensive-minded, swede has this season also played a lot with the national team, and is a key player for Färjestad, who leads the SEL. He probably won't make the roster for the World Champs cause the coah want more experienced players, but he would be on my roster for sure. He may need a yera in the minors but then he could become a solid defenseman.

Old
02-18-2004, 08:27 AM
Badger Bob

B4 the draft last year, Splat said he wasn't too high on Getzlaf. Lo & behold, THN now lists him at #10 on their Top 50 Prospect List. He seems to have answered questions about his inconsistency. Anyway, the important thing is Daryl Sutter made ABSOLUTELY the right selection.

FYI, SF's big brother is ranked 7th in the Kings organization!

Closed Thread