HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

so let's just hope it's Julien's last season...

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Rico Sivretti

vCash: 500
so let's just hope it's Julien's last season...

Again and again, same as usual against TB, he was outcoached... and so his team was... Didn't use his timeout to calm down his team when needed (at 3-3 when it was 2-0... wasn't it the time, or what?), Begin-Perrault in the last 2 minutes, Bouillon with plenty of ice time, while he was a tourist on at least two TB goal, and he still played in the last minute...
Another loss...
If Gainey doesn't move, i'm afraid they're out of the playoffs...
Remaining: 3 vs ottawa, 3 vs NJ, 2 vs Bos and 2 vs Tor...
So... what do you guys think?

Old
02-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Bandwagon!!

Old
02-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy

Bandwagon!!

Old
02-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:

Bandwagon!!
Took the words right out of my mouth

Old
02-12-2004, 09:22 PM
4shelley4

hi

Every coach makes his mistakes, he is finally getting use to the NHL level and you can see it this year with there unexpected amazing games over .500

I am a fan of Julien

Old
02-12-2004, 09:24 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Sivretti
Again and again, same as usual against TB, he was outcoached... and so his team was... Didn't use his timeout to calm down his team when needed (at 3-3 when it was 2-0... wasn't it the time, or what?), Begin-Perrault in the last 2 minutes, Bouillon with plenty of ice time, while he was a tourist on at least two TB goal, and he still played in the last minute...
Another loss...

Old
02-12-2004, 09:27 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I am NOT a fan of Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4shelley4
Every coach makes his mistakes, he is finally getting use to the NHL level and you can see it this year with there unexpected amazing games over .500

I am a fan of Julien
I am NOT a fan of Julien but somehow he put some good games together

Old
02-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Rico Sivretti

Ah, come on... Tonight was an example of how bad he could be... And I don't say this 'cause of the lost of tonight... He's is not a good coach, point... I'll ask a question, because just can't aswer myself: could anyone tell me when the last time he (or did he ever...) took a timeout to calm his troop when they lost a lead of 2 goals or so... He always waits for the last 50 seconds to explain things they know too well (I hope...)...
So?

Old
02-12-2004, 09:31 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Another loss...

Ah, how soon you forget how much this team has improved and has changed in faces (younger ones that is) under Julien.

He is one of the major reasons we have improved. We are one trade away in my opinion from being a legit playoff team and threat. BG will do the deal, but he won't pay the price (future that is).

Julien is here to stay.

Old
02-12-2004, 09:32 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Ah, come on... Tonight was an example of how bad he could be... And I don't say this 'cause of the lost of tonight... He's is not a good coach, point... I'll ask a question, because just can't aswer myself: could anyone tell me when the last time he (or did he ever...) took a timeout to calm his troop when they lost a lead of 2 goals or so... He always waits for the last 50 seconds to explain things they know too well (I hope...)...
So?
Please quit while you can, you are looking like a very sore loser.

Old
02-12-2004, 09:33 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
So?
Please quit while you can, you are looking like a very sore loser.

How many coaches take advantage of the time out??? Hardly any.

Old
02-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
ok,and next time we win 3 games in a row(If It happen)we will hear comment saying how good Julien Is,THERE'S NO NEED TO PANIC because were on a losing streak It happen to every team

Old
02-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Rico Sivretti

the team was well served by the tremendous play of Théo since Jan 1st, because without that, Julien would have look like what he really is, a not-so-good coach that may look horrible some nights...

Old
02-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Istvan

I think CJ is a VERY good coach and I credit him with the Habs playing much better than expected this season.

Old
02-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Cloudigger

Quote:
Another loss...
so where were you when we won 3 in a row... ??

Old
02-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Rico Sivretti

I only say that it appears clearly that he is not a good coach when they loose like this... and when they loose, it is generally this way...
and... a VERY good coach...? I wonder what makes a VERY good coach, for you... just to know....

Old
02-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
I only say that it appears clearly that he is not a good coach when they loose like this... and when they loose, it is generally this way...
and... a VERY good coach...? I wonder what makes a VERY good coach, for you... just to know....
NO PARKING

Old
02-12-2004, 10:19 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Well I guess we better fire every coach in the NHL then, it's not like CJ is he first coach to have his team blow a lead and lose a game!

CJ's record in the CHL, AHL and WJC shows he is capable of being a good coach and given the opportuntiy he has been given he deserves his job.

Who do you want??? It is the players who play, not CJ!

Lets bring in the same old tired faces and recycled coaches I guess?

Old
02-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Habsolution

Quote:

Bandwagon!!
You got me here I couldn't supress a laugh

Old
02-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Rico Sivretti

A very good coach... that means he should be at least in the first 1/4 or 1/3 of the
leaugue's coaches... So... Martin, Quinn, Hartley, Lemaire, Burns, Hitchcock, Quenneville, Sutter, Lewis, Crawford, Murray, Babcock, McTavish, Trotz, Wilson, Tortorella...
He's not even in the first half.... So... A "Very" good coach... not sure...
But, i'm probably wrong.... they loss and i'm a very emotive person so i took my keyboard to cry this...
and by the way, do you guys think that they can make the playoffs with the current roster? no trade is needed?
seriously, if so, they'll finish with 84-5 points... while buffalo will be in, with 88-90..
I'm sad... but it's this...

Old
02-12-2004, 10:46 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

As a Leaf fan i see a team that has been very difficult to play against under Julien. He will be more scrutinized in the playoffs because that is where this team is headed. They will give any team in the east a hard time. They are capable of playing up tempo or playing a trap. If Gainey does anything it may be for one more scoring physical winger.

Old
02-12-2004, 10:48 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
A very good coach... that means he should be at least in the first 1/4 or 1/3 of the
leaugue's coaches... So... Martin, Quinn, Hartley, Lemaire, Burns, Hitchcock, Quenneville, Sutter, Lewis, Crawford, Murray, Babcock, McTavish, Trotz, Wilson, Tortorella...
He's not even in the first half.... So... A "Very" good coach... not sure...
But, i'm probably wrong.... they loss and i'm a very emotive person so i took my keyboard to cry this...
and by the way, do you guys think that they can make the playoffs with the current roster? no trade is needed?
seriously, if so, they'll finish with 84-5 points... while buffalo will be in, with 88-90..
I'm sad... but it's this...
Please shut up, you are making yourself look worse with every post. The coaches you list have at least 5 plus NHL years of experience except for Babcock who has a worse record than CJ this year (plus he has a better record than Hartley, Quenneville, Sutter, Murray, Babcock, McTavish and Trotz as of right now this season)...and guys like Tortorella and Lewis have been assistants in the NHL for a long time too.

Plus where do you get us finishing with 84 or 85 points and the Sabres with 88 or 90???

Old
02-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Rico Sivretti

ok ok... i'll admit it : CJ is a very good coach...
and Juneau is a superstar, he deserves his icetime
Bouillon too... and rivet... and sundstrom... and dackell... and it's right to bench ribeiro... and bulis on 1st line with 10pts... and use perreault on a 4th line because he's on his last miles... ok... yeah... you're right guys.. and I was wrong... ok... and obviously, i was a fool to think that CJ wasn't a good coach...

Old
02-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Somethings Habining

Quote:
Another loss...

This team is alot like you, fairly young "JR poster" and needs to mature in it's play. Now there is a consistent thread in the bulk of the Habs losses this year and that is a fundemental positional breakdown. I don't think the coach is asking his wingers to be standing still below the hash marks in the defensive zone when playing 5 on 5. Now Julien is also still a rookie NHL coach and if he runs into another effort like tonight he should take as many consecutive bench minors as possible as the PK played a superior positional game in the defensive end and kept Tampa and the puck in the quiet zones for the most part.

Patience and keep breathing.

IN
OUT
IN
OUT
IN
OUT

Feel better?

Old
02-12-2004, 11:07 PM
grapeshine

I think CJ is doing a fine job and deserves much more respect than the fans typically give him. Under CJ the team has become more responsible defensively, and is playing with more discipline. Sure, there are bound to be a few bumps along the way (such as the current losing streak), but Julien deserves our respect for what he's done with the players he has. Let's face it, the Habs are not the most talented team in the league. Nevertheless, Julien has got them to play well and so far this season we have a winning record. If you really think that we'd have a better record with a different coach, you're kidding yourself.

Closed Thread