HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal:Habs and Oilers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2008, 09:42 AM
  #1
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 500
Proposal:Habs and Oilers.

Still waiting for the off-season game plan on the Habs to show on the TSN site and the mean time we will have fun.

To habs: Pitkanen. Still young and has good size and skating ability. If I'm not mistaking, will not shies away from contacts. Has had a bad year but I still believe he can step it up.

To Oilers:Bouillon with a second or first round pick.

Why? Oilers are in rebuilt and Bouillon could bring some leadership to that team. Maybe would stand out more. Hits and will fight for his teammates.
The pick are what they are. Sourey knows Bouillon and they have lots of size on their D. Bouillon is cheaper and could be a wild card(Could very well bust out)

Montreal rand out of gas these playoff and having smaller centers didn't help down the stretch. But since not much is available out their at center, I figured that by hading some size to our depth on defense, could some what compensate up front.

Our D could be like this:

Komi-Markov
O'Byrne/Breezer-Hamerlik
Georges-Pitkanen
others Valatanko,

Our left D is pretty solid and on the right, O'Byrne will prove what he can do.
I believe Breezier will be back for next year...sastisfied for what he did last year.
Josh is the rubber man and He is the guy I see putting better numbers. Great surprise this year.

Maybe Oilers will not want this now, but on draft day you could be

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:48 AM
  #2
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
If the Oilers are rebuilding why would they trade Pitkanen? He's still in his early 20's and has the potential to be a top pairing defence.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:56 AM
  #3
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
Why? Because we get to fleece another team on a trade proposal, that's why.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 10:33 AM
  #4
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77otto View Post
Still waiting for the off-season game plan on the Habs to show on the TSN site and the mean time we will have fun.

To habs: Pitkanen. Still young and has good size and skating ability. If I'm not mistaking, will not shies away from contacts. Has had a bad year but I still believe he can step it up.

To Oilers:Bouillon with a second or first round pick.

Why? Oilers are in rebuilt and Bouillon could bring some leadership to that team. Maybe would stand out more. Hits and will fight for his teammates.
The pick are what they are. Sourey knows Bouillon and they have lots of size on their D. Bouillon is cheaper and could be a wild card(Could very well bust out)

Montreal rand out of gas these playoff and having smaller centers didn't help down the stretch. But since not much is available out their at center, I figured that by hading some size to our depth on defense, could some what compensate up front.

Our D could be like this:

Komi-Markov
O'Byrne/Breezer-Hamerlik
Georges-Pitkanen
others Valatanko,

Our left D is pretty solid and on the right, O'Byrne will prove what he can do.
I believe Breezier will be back for next year...sastisfied for what he did last year.
Josh is the rubber man and He is the guy I see putting better numbers. Great surprise this year.

Maybe Oilers will not want this now, but on draft day you could be
The Habs ran out of gas? Unless you were living under a rock, you would have seen that goaltending killed the Habs, bad goals at inoportune times and a lot of them(seemingly one per night).

The Oilers traded Smith a Lupul to Phillie to get Pitkanen, he's a cornerstone player for them and they have a lot of $$$ to spend, no way they trade him for Bouillon and a pick.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 10:36 AM
  #5
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Oilers would laugh so hard at that proposal.No chance that happens

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 10:55 AM
  #6
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Why? Because we get to fleece another team on a trade proposal, that's why.
Ya you guys have to fleece people in trade proposals because you actually get fleeced in trades. Mike Ribeiro says hi from Dallas.

All jokes aside, That is a horrible proposal and there is no way the Oilers give up Pitkanen for an old d-man and a 2nd rounder.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 10:57 AM
  #7
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Ya you guys have to fleece people in trade proposals because you actually get fleeced in trades. Mike Ribeiro says hi from Dallas.

All jokes aside, That is a horrible proposal and there is no way the Oilers give up Pitkanen for an old d-man and a 2nd rounder.
Say hi and we don't miss him and soon his 5 million dollar contract

oh and say Hi to Ryan Smyth!!!!!!!!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:11 AM
  #8
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
If the Oilers are rebuilding why would they trade Pitkanen? He's still in his early 20's and has the potential to be a top pairing defence.
I agree the chances of the Oilers moving Pitkanen are quite slim. But I have been hearing that the Oilers might have problems signing him long term. Add to that the emergence of Tom Gilbert and the chances increase even more.

Saying all that, I think the Oilers would turn this proposal down flat.

__________________
Don Cherry is right...you don't poke the bear..you walk right up to it and punch it in the mouth. - Grant McCagg
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:12 AM
  #9
Teddy Peckman
Registered User
 
Teddy Peckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Teddy Peckman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Say hi and we don't miss him and soon his 5 million dollar contract

oh and say Hi to Ryan Smyth!!!!!!!!!!
ummmm I don't get it. lol, Ryan Smyth had a sub-par year this year, filled with injuries.

Teddy Peckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:14 AM
  #10
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by erixon View Post
ummmm I don't get it. lol, Ryan Smyth had a sub-par year this year, filled with injuries.
yeah... it is the point

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:15 AM
  #11
Teddy Peckman
Registered User
 
Teddy Peckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Teddy Peckman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I agree the chances of the Oilers moving Pitkanen are quite slim. But I have been hearing that the Oilers might have problems signing him long term. Add to that the emergence of Tom Gilbert and the chances increase even more.

Saying all that, I think the Oilers would turn this proposal down flat.
Rumor is Pitkannen will sing a 1-year deal here, although NYR has tons of interest in him, I dont know what they have that Edmonton would want, and I cant see them overpaying on an offersheet due to cap issues.

Teddy Peckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:16 AM
  #12
Teddy Peckman
Registered User
 
Teddy Peckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Teddy Peckman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
yeah... it is the point
yeah but isnt the guy he is talking to an oiler fan? I assume from his mini kipper statement, he is an oiler fan.

Teddy Peckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:16 AM
  #13
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by erixon View Post
Rumor is Pitkannen will sing a 1-year deal here, although NYR has tons of interest in him, I dont know what they have that Edmonton would want, and I cant see them overpaying on an offersheet due to cap issues.
I've been hearing that too, hopefully things change and the Oilers sign him to longer than a 1-year contract.

The last thing I want to see is him playing for the Rags.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:16 AM
  #14
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by erixon View Post
ummmm I don't get it. lol, Ryan Smyth had a sub-par year this year, filled with injuries.
He was making fun of the Habs and their trades,it's not an Oilers fan that should laugh when it comes to trades...

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:18 AM
  #15
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by erixon View Post
yeah but isnt the guy he is talking to an oiler fan? I assume from his mini kipper statement, he is an oiler fan.
never mind

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:21 AM
  #16
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/...ame=nhl-oilers

Hard to believe he's only going to be 25 this September. He had a brutal year on a brutal Flyers team in 2006-07. He went from a +22 to a -25. He was only -5 on an Oilers team that isn't deep defensively.

He's a good player, and we're vastly underpaying in that trade proposal, but he's not where Gainey should, or will, be focusing his attention.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:23 AM
  #17
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/...ame=nhl-oilers

Hard to believe he's only going to be 25 this September. He had a brutal year on a brutal Flyers team in 2006-07. He went from a +22 to a -25. He was only -5 on an Oilers team that isn't deep defensively.

He's a good player, and we're vastly underpaying in that trade proposal, but he's not where Gainey should, or will, be focusing his attention.
Actually I wouldn't look too closely at his -25 with the flyers. That team was brutal and everyone's plus minus was effected drastically.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:25 AM
  #18
Teddy Peckman
Registered User
 
Teddy Peckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Teddy Peckman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
never mind
Ryan Smyth was traded for 3 first round pick players, and he was to be a UFA, Nilsson has a little worse numbers than Smyth, but looked great down the stretch. I fail to see how this was a bad deal for Edmonton. Would you pay Smyth 6 million?

The only questionable trade they've made in the cap era is the Pronger deal, and that was forced for the most part.

- Tarnstrom for Glencross, Glencross comes in and does a great job.
- MA Bergeron for Grebeshkov, I think this deal speaks for itself.
- Pitkannen for Lupul, too early to tell.

I think the only mistakes they have made, have been being too loyal to players, and giving them contracts they shouldnt have, example:Roloson, Torres. As far as trades go, I think they have done just fine.

Teddy Peckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 12:02 PM
  #19
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 500
The proposal may be disliked but it's still a proposal. We all saw some trade that made you chaw drop....and this proposal is a simple indication of a player I think could help solidified our D longer term.
what would be your choice if we were to trade for Pitkanen?
Would you guys like Pitkanen on our rooster?
No one really want to move this guy and the other, but do most Hab Fan on this board think we are gonna get that big center on July 1ST everyone or for the most part dream off.
Let's see here, Hossa...winger...Rolston, an other winger. Do I have to go on.
And we all talked about Lecavalier.
I think we wait to see what happen in that one and in the mean time let talk about tweaks here and their for kicks.

New title for this thread: We get better this upcoming season via a trade.


Last edited by otto bond: 05-28-2008 at 12:03 PM. Reason: spell check
otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 08:16 AM
  #20
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Actually I wouldn't look too closely at his -25 with the flyers. That team was brutal and everyone's plus minus was effected drastically.
That's what I said. He was the focal point of a lot of criticism that year however. I think people expect more offense from him than he's providing. He's a good skater. A good puck mover. A good passer. But, he's not gonna QB a PP or create scoring chances.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 08:23 AM
  #21
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
That's what I said. He was the focal point of a lot of criticism that year however. I think people expect more offense from him than he's providing. He's a good skater. A good puck mover. A good passer. But, he's not gonna QB a PP or create scoring chances.
Yeah sorry I worded it wrong, I was actually just agreeing with you. I think he received some extra criticism because he's rumoured to have a bad attitude. If I remember correctly, there was an article a while back where Eric Desjardins came out and said it.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 08:28 AM
  #22
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,466
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77otto View Post
New title for this thread: We get better this upcoming season via a trade.
YA sure you will get better by trading the Cube's of this world for a guy like Pitkanen. You may want it to happen but it ain't going to.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 10:18 AM
  #23
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
What would it take to get Smid?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 10:24 AM
  #24
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 500
LOL @ that proposal

too funny

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 11:14 AM
  #25
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,467
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
What would it take to get Smid?
Komi

__________________
MacTavish signs UFA's just to annoy you
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.