HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Primeau expects to play SAT vs. NYR

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2004, 09:39 AM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Primeau expects to play SAT vs. NYR

Preems

Good news. Clarke, back away from the panic button now.

Old
02-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Preems

Good news. Clarke, back away from the panic button now.
Both injuries were not as bad as 1st reported. Be calm everyone. The ship is not sinking.......yet!

Old
02-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
If Holik isn't suspended for that cheap shot, this league is a farce. Fine and suspend guys for criticizing the refs, but when a guy gets a blatant elbow to the head, it's designed for one purpose: to injure. If Holik is allowed to play the next game against us, his blood should be spilled all over Wachovia Center. It's time to put an end to this. Holik's a repeat offender and has no respect for his fellow players, Fridge or Brashear should give Holik a nice little parting gift in the form of a career-ending injury. The league would benefit from losing this *******.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
If Holik isn't suspended for that cheap shot, this league is a farce. Fine and suspend guys for criticizing the refs, but when a guy gets a blatant elbow to the head, it's designed for one purpose: to injure. If Holik is allowed to play the next game against us, his blood should be spilled all over Wachovia Center. It's time to put an end to this. Holik's a repeat offender and has no respect for his fellow players, Fridge or Brashear should give Holik a nice little parting gift in the form of a career-ending injury. The league would benefit from losing this *******.

Ok, how do you really feel?

Old
02-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli

Ok, how do you really feel?
How do you think I feel? Our captain just took a needless cheap-shot from a disrespectful punk. Take him out on the street, light him up and piss on the ashes.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
How do you think I feel? Our captain just took a needless cheap-shot from a disrespectful punk. Take him out on the street, light him up and piss on the ashes.

I like that. That's one hell of a line.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:54 AM
iceman42

I agree it didnt look like a blindside and Prims turned into him. However I think that Holik should be lit up on Saturday or we send some people after some of their guys.

Old
02-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Brad*

While I think it's possible that Holik may have tried to cheap shot Primeau, I don't think he did. I felt like it was more of an accident than anything else.

Old
02-13-2004, 12:22 PM
anonymous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySteve
Blindside: If you're being serious, take my advice and just kill yourself. You obviously didn't even watch the game at all, let alone the play where both players accidently ran into each other because they were looking the other way.
I seem to remember Primeau looking to his left and Holik looking in the same direction. Primeau was between Holik and the direction they were looking. How didn't Holik see him?

Edit: I'm not trying to infer it was intentional, just want clarification about the whole thing. The ESPN boys were saying they were looking in different directions, but that's not what it appeared to me. Since he didn't lean in on him nobody but Holik can say anything about intent.

Last edited by anonymous*: 02-13-2004 at 12:34 PM.
Old
02-13-2004, 12:35 PM
capn89*

I saw it, and I think it could have been cheap... the only one who knows that is Holik, but I guess we'll know what the players' opinions are when they play tomorrow.

Old
02-13-2004, 01:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
I agree Holik colliding with Preems was an accident. Primeau even said it was. neither player saw each other. we should be just thankfull he just missed the last part of the 3rd period.
that being said even if it was a cheap hit you would never see a Flyer get payback. thats just the way Hitch teaches the game and it is his way. i may not agree with it but everyone knows that just about every time someone goes after retribution that player is the only one who gets caught.

Old
02-13-2004, 01:57 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I know a bit about Holik and I am not going to make any accusations, but I am betting that it was at least partially intentional although he might have regretted later. Regardless, someone needs to make him pay on Saturday.

Old
02-13-2004, 02:08 PM
FlyHigh

One more quick thing. I usually watch the highlights at NHL.com and I did today of the Flyers game. Usually the clips like to show big hits and if it was clean, I think the Holik hit on Primeau counts as a big hit. The Holik hit wasn't in the Flyers-NYR highlight reel. Does this mean that the NHL thinks that the hit was dirty too.......?

Old
02-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
knock off the personal shots before I get cranky.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
02-13-2004, 07:39 PM
anonymous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
knock off the personal shots before I get cranky.
I don't see any personal shots here? Are you talking about Holik?

Old
02-13-2004, 08:29 PM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
Who keeps deleting my posts?

Old
02-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Brad*

I'm sure a Moderator did based on the fact that you told someone to kill themselves. Not exactly within HF guidelines.

Old
02-13-2004, 08:50 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
I'm sure a Moderator did based on the fact that you told someone to kill themselves. Not exactly within HF guidelines.
lol, yup. Usually not really a good positive message that HF would be please with I guess.

Old
02-13-2004, 11:48 PM
paxtang

Interesting quotes in here from Fedoruk.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sp...key/7942330.htm

Getting back to Primeau, Flyers tough guy Todd Fedoruk said he won't have revenge on his mind.

"If you get too wrapped up, it takes away from what you want to do in the game plan because guys get focused on one player," Fedoruk said. "We don't feel it was a cheap shot or intentional shot . . .

"Holik is a good centerman. He is big and gets under your skin. He is not going to fight. He doesn't have the [guts] to fight. He is a chicken . . . when it comes to stuff like that. He'll still run around there. Take the instigator rule out of the game, and he's taken care of. He's a quiet player. At the end of the game, he was skating by and I said he's dead tomorrow night. It's in the back of his mind."

Closed Thread