HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wild - Bolts

Old
05-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Bolts f4n

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bolts f4n
Gaborik is injury-prone. I don't think Backstrom is that great beyond how good Minnesota's defense is. Stamkos will be in a Lightning jersey.

Bolts f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag Panzer View Post
Blockbuster draft-day trade I wouldn't be surprised to see
I don't know how I missed this before...but you wouldn't be surprised to see this?! You'd be the only one I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpooh View Post
TB gets the goalie they're looking for
Why would we be looking for a goalie when we just traded Richards to get one? Backstrom's got more upside than Smith, but that's beside the point.

05-30-2008, 05:46 PM
therealdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag Panzer View Post
Blockbuster draft-day trade I wouldn't be surprised to see

To Tampa Bay:
Minnesota's 2008 1st round selection (24th overall)
Marian Gaborik
Niklas Bäckström

To Minnesota
Tampa Bay's 2008 1st round selection (1st overall)

Minnesota will have to rebuild this season after 2 consecutive first-round playoff exits. They are losing half of their defensive core (hill, carney, nummelin, Foster? injury pending) and will most likely lose some key players (Rolston, Demitra). They dump Gaborik's and Niklas Bäckström's to match Butch's offer sheet as well as sign some new free agents. Many of their younger players are ready to play at the NHL level (Reitz, Clutterbuck, Pouliot) but they will need a season to adjust. Harding is ready to take the reigns and be their granchise foaltender so Niklas Bäckström is just going to be a waste of space. Tampa Bay's first round pick will allow them to draft Stamkos, getting them that #1 center they desperately need.

Tampa Bay is instantly back in cup contention and ready to win. Gaborik brings more firepower than Richards and Prospal could ever dream of, Backstrom is a legitimate #1 goaltender who will provide rebound control combined with solid positional play. The 1st round pick is in a real nice deep draft.

I'd love to see this trade happen

discuss

Worst proposal of all time, you should be proud of yourself!

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote