HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cameron Cepek

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-03-2008, 10:40 AM
  #1
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Cameron Cepek

Hi, sorry, if this is a repeat, but I read in the newspaper today that habs have opted not to sign him before the deadline...

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 10:45 AM
  #2
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Hi, sorry, if this is a repeat, but I read in the newspaper today that habs have opted not to sign him before the deadline...
That's correct. He goes back into the draft now. I assume he'll go undrafted, if he does, I'd invite him to the rookie camp, he might be worth a ahl contract as we could use some players for Cincy next year.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 12:25 PM
  #3
Uwey
Registered User
 
Uwey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lunenburg, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
The kid is somewhat injury prone isn't he???

Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 12:37 PM
  #4
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Gainey know's....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 12:42 PM
  #5
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
In Bob we trust.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 12:54 PM
  #6
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Gainey's will
In bob we trust


amen

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 01:14 PM
  #7
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
The kid is somewhat injury prone isn't he???
Yes he has had troubles with injuries for sure. From the little I've seen from him, it's something I noticed, as he doesn't have the frame to play the physical game that he seems to want to play. But he is still young and could bulk up over time. If we never hear from him again so be it, I personally would like to see us add a couple kids on ahl contracts to send to cincy to bring some minor depth.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 01:26 PM
  #8
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Are drafted players ineligible to sign AHL contracts without passing through twice? Or can they only sign ATOs?

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 01:29 PM
  #9
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Are drafted players ineligible to sign AHL contracts without passing through twice? Or can they only sign ATOs?
Passing through what, the draft? Cepek has to go back into the draft, an ahl contract doesn't mean anything, it's his nhl rights that need to go back into the draft.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 01:34 PM
  #10
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Passing through what, the draft? Cepek has to go back into the draft, an ahl contract doesn't mean anything, it's his nhl rights that need to go back into the draft.
My question was whether you could, in theory, sign a player to an AHL contract when his rights were going back into the draft. I assume the answer is yes, but wasn't sure whether a player's draft eligibility limited the actions of a team's AHL partner.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 01:41 PM
  #11
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
My question was whether you could, in theory, sign a player to an AHL contract when his rights were going back into the draft. I assume the answer is yes, but wasn't sure whether a player's draft eligibility limited the actions of a team's AHL partner.
Yes as far as I know you could sign, say Cepek now to an ahl contract and then he'll go back into the draft. If he gets picked, we would own his AHL rights and the team that drafted him would own his nhl rights.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 02:24 PM
  #12
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Yes as far as I know you could sign, say Cepek now to an ahl contract and then he'll go back into the draft. If he gets picked, we would own his AHL rights and the team that drafted him would own his nhl rights.
Yeah, technically speaking, Hamilton could sign Sidney Crosby if they wanted couldn't they? I suppose they might have to honor the NHL deal, but you get the point.

Perhaps Stamkos is a better example. Even after he is drafted, any AHL team could sign him. It just will never happen at that level of prospect, of course.

Just as any NHL team can sign any of the guys we have under AHL contract, although it is generally considered bad form to do so.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 04:07 PM
  #13
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,753
vCash: 500
Gainey can't stop to collect every sea shell on the beach. Adieu, Cepek.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 07:01 PM
  #14
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,944
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
That's fine, Cepek was nothing special.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 07:06 PM
  #15
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,021
vCash: 500
You know my take on this......will not lose sleep over this whatsoever.

There's definately A LOT of players we can invite that are more interesting. Still, if they still want to invite him at our camps, I don't mind. Though I don't know what he'll be able to show this time he wasn't able to before.

Let's go and find some new faces.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 12:47 PM
  #16
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There's definately A LOT of players we can invite that are more interesting. Still, if they still want to invite him at our camps, I don't mind. Though I don't know what he'll be able to show this time he wasn't able to before.
It's not about what he can show, it's more about if the Habs would be interested in signing him to an ahl contract. I could see why they didn't want to sign him to an nhl contract since we could be close to the 50 contract limit by the end of the summer. I have no clue what their take is on him but if they were wiling to sign Alex Dulac-Lemelin to an AHL contract, perhaps they would be willing to sign Cepek to send him to Cincy, as he imo was more impressive in the CHL then Dulac was. I hope we sign a couple guys to ahl contracts, can't really hurt and it gives some depth to Hamilton if need be, especially if we have a lot of turnover this summer.

they already have Beauregard and Conrad Martin under AHL contract for next year and perhaps they give Gleed another ahl deal.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 02:55 PM
  #17
pc_md
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 453
vCash: 500
Quote:
I have no clue what their take is on him but if they were wiling to sign Alex Dulac-Lemelin to an AHL contract, perhaps they would be willing to sign Cepek to send him to Cincy, as he imo was more impressive in the CHL then Dulac was.
The thing is (and it's more a theory than a fact), Dulac-Lemelin is a Quebec born player and since Timmins took over, I don't recall any Quebec born player that did not receive an offer for a contract (AHL or NHL). Even Loic Lacasse (who IMO was terrible in junior, even at 20 years old) got one... Of course, it could only be a coincidence but...

pc_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.