NHLPA Article - IGINLA PROUD TO BE PEARSON FINALIST

Old
05-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Hyde

vCash: 500
NHLPA Article - IGINLA PROUD TO BE PEARSON FINALIST

Nice article on Iggy:

Quote:
Iginla is no stranger to the Pearson Award, having won it in 2002, a year in which he reached the 50-goal plateau for the first time in his career.

It was during his post-Pearson speech when Iginla marveled at what makes the Pearson such a treasured trophy.

"I want to say that for all those accidental slashes and face washes and the trash talking that I did this season, now I feel a little bad," Iginla said upon receiving the award at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.
http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/Feature.asp?contentId=3821

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 05:24 PM
StreakingRed
Win For Gio

Quote:
A sure sign of just how much Iginla is respected? Even some of his biggest rivals can't help but heap praise upon him.

Take Tampa Bay star forward Vincent Lecavalier, for example.

Lecavalier, who dropped the gloves with Iginla in the 2004 Stanley Cup Final, put the Calgary leader at the top of his list of the Players he most respects.

"That's nice of him to say it," said Iginla, who was drafted 11th overall by Dallas in 1995. "Definitely, I have a lot of respect for him, and a lot of it came from -- I always knew he was a talented Player and being first overall and those things. I gained a lot of respect from playing against him."

Quote:
"Jarome does a lot of things that people never see and he won't ever talk about them," said his mother, Susan Schuchard. "He does things because he genuinely likes people and wants to help out. He's not in it for glory or for the headlines. That's just not his way."

I love it.

Call me a homer all you want for saying this, but there's not another player in the NHL I would rather have as the face of this franchise.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Ticonderoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I love it.

Call me a homer all you want for saying this, but there's not another player in the NHL I would rather have as the face of this franchise.
I would be a homer then too.

I love Iginla seriously who else represents hockey better then him?

What a classy guy

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 09:54 AM
LennyV

Iggy is outerworldly when it comes to class. it just seems to be an endless amount of stories about him just being awesome to people. I heard an interview with Sam Gagner when he talked about the time when his dad played in Calgary and he hung around a lot in the locker room talking to Iginla and such. Sam was like 8-9 at the time and some years later he attended a nhl award show, the one in 2002 I guess 'cause he said that Iggy accepted the art ross that year. it was obviously a pretty busy night for our captain but he still found time to talk to sam about how he was doing and stuff like that. he just seems like a storybook character setting an amazing example for young hockey players and people in general.

LennyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 01:42 AM
DBU
LWYRUP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I love it.

Amen.

Last edited by DBU: 06-02-2008 at 02:21 PM.
DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Then I'm a homer, too

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote