HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Komisarek value

Old
05-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Komisarek value

Alright I'm a habs fan and to me Komisarek is arguably our best defenseman with Markov but I would like to know what other teams could give us for him. Note to habs fans: I dont want him to get traded I just wanna know the general feeling around him.

So what would you offer the habs to get Komisarek.
(habs primary need = centerman and a possible replacement for him)

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 05:52 PM
GNick42

vCash: 500
With Montreal having so many good young defensemen getting close and if Komi is hard to sign they may be in a position to deal him.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 06:02 PM
JTG

He's just what the Dr. ordered for the Pens, but I don't think the Pens have anything they would be willing to give up for him.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Roof Daddy

Depends what you're looking for (future or present, as well as best possible player from another team, or the package that best helps you)?

From Edmonton: (I know these players come up in every EDM proposal but they would fill needs)
Stoll, Matt Greene

Reasoning - you guys lack size/grit down the middle, as well as someone who can win faceoffs and kill penalties. Greene is a poor man's Komisarek.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Depends what you're looking for (future or present, as well as best possible player from another team, or the package that best helps you)?

From Edmonton: (I know these players come up in every EDM proposal but they would fill needs)
Stoll, Matt Greene

Reasoning - you guys lack size/grit down the middle, as well as someone who can win faceoffs and kill penalties. Greene is a poor man's Komisarek.
I think Stoll could be a good player for the habs but I wouldn't trade away Komisarek in a package for him unless the return is more than Greene.

Old
05-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Penguins221

I am not that big of a fan of Komisarek but you could get a decent amount for him maybe a 6th rounder and a prospect.

Penguins221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:09 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
He's just what the Dr. ordered for the Pens, but I don't think the Pens have anything they would be willing to give up for him.
I'd love Komi here, if Orpik goes Komi is a better version of Orpik.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:11 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins221 View Post
I am not that big of a fan of Komisarek but you could get a decent amount for him maybe a 6th rounder and a prospect.
A 6th rounder?

Trade Komisarek now. That's too good of a deal to pass up.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:15 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Komisarek would be huge in any trade!

Huge hard hitting defenceman who gets it done. This guy is giant defensively and make momentum shifting hits. He also can put very modest offensive numbers if asked too.

He's a top pairing shutdown guy who is just entering his prime. He is exactly what the doctor ordered for the playoffs and would have huge trade value at any time during the season.

He'd garner a big return.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Wud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Alright I'm a habs fan and to me Komisarek is arguably our best defenseman with Markov but I would like to know what other teams could give us for him. Note to habs fans: I dont want him to get traded I just wanna know the general feeling around him.

So what would you offer the habs to get Komisarek.
(habs primary need = centerman and a possible replacement for him)
R.J. Umberger and the Official Flyers Lucky Rabbits Foot.

Wud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
to say Orpik is any kind of version of Komisarek is quite an insult to Komisarek

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Komisarek would be huge in any trade!

Huge hard hitting defenceman who gets it done. This guy is giant defensively and make momentum shifting hits. He also can put very modest offensive numbers if asked too.

He's a top pairing shutdown guy who is just entering his prime. He is exactly what the doctor ordered for the playoffs and would have huge trade value at any time during the season.

He'd garner a big return.
I think he was still hurt (hip) for the Philly series. Though he didn't play badly - I expected he would have far more of an impact on that series. He was a -1 and averaged 16-19 minutes which isn't really top pairing minutes. He had an amazing regular season and hits like a beast, skates well and is very sound in his end. His hands are above average and I think Montreal would get quite a bit for him in return.

Philly and Montreal will not deal but I'd give you Umberger (of course) and our first 27th.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:42 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
I think he was still hurt (hip) for the Philly series. Though he didn't play badly - I expected he would have far more of an impact on that series. He was a -1 and averaged 16-19 minutes which isn't really top pairing minutes. He had an amazing regular season and hits like a beast, skates well and is very sound in his end. His hands are above average and I think Montreal would get quite a bit for him in return.

Philly and Montreal will not deal but I'd give you Umberger (of course) and our first 27th.

Homer isnt going to trade away our 1st, unless we're moving up.

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Chairman Wang

There isn't much to offer from an Islander perspective.... but I'm sure they would pursue him if he becomes an UFA next year.

Chairman Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 07:46 PM
EkLOLund

If Philly was to trade for Komisarek, the Flyers would have to give up around what Toronto wanted for Kaberle.

Carter + 1st in 09

EkLOLund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Whitney + +

Whitney is just about the same size as Komisarek, so almost certainly they play the same style of defense...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Tra La La

I'd put a high value on Komisarek as a player. If I could add 2 d to the Sabres Komisarek, and Volchenkov would be them. Is he looking to play out his contract and cash in? If so his value is that of very high rental.
What sort of contract would it take to get him signed?( I doubt the Sabres could afford him,+ Pominville,and Miller) Not to mention the player assets Montreal might require.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 08:48 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Orpik is Komi Lite. All the great hits...a few less points.

Old
05-22-2008, 08:52 PM
JTG

Quote:
to say Orpik is any kind of version of Komisarek is quite an insult to Komisarek
If that is some sort of knock on Orpik's physicality...Ask Briere how playing against Orpik was.

If that is some sort of knock on his offensive production...Komisarek only had 8 more points, and a lower +/- than Orpik.

Old
05-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordark View Post
whats the point ?

Orpik is not the reason you guys are in the finals ... I think Mr.Crosby and Malkin are just slightly more important

Old
05-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
whats the point ?

Orpik is not the reason you guys are in the finals ... I think Mr.Crosby and Malkin are just slightly more important
If we're going to start judging players around the league by how much better Crosby and Malkin are, pretty much everyone is coming up short.

No, Orpik is not Komisarek, and no, he's not the most important reason why the Pens have made it this far. But he plays a similar style (physical defensive-defenseman), and he's been very good this playoffs, completely neutralizing Danny Briere - remember, the guy who was tearing up the playoffs before Orpik starting manhandling him?

Old
05-22-2008, 09:36 PM
pittiful89

I sound like a broken record, but how bout a trade built around Komisarek, especially if he'd work out a reasonable contract with the Pens, and Staal? Then, the Pens could move Whitney, effectively cancelling out the cap numbers...

pittiful89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 09:40 PM
MG91

To PIT: Komisarek

To MTL: Rights to Hossa+__________

takes care of both teams needs.

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittiful89 View Post
I sound like a broken record, but how bout a trade built around Komisarek, especially if he'd work out a reasonable contract with the Pens, and Staal? Then, the Pens could move Whitney, effectively cancelling out the cap numbers...
...and effectively losing a very big, talented, versatile player in the process. No thanks.

I can't understand why some Pens fans are so eager to deal this 19 year old who has 9 goals in 19 playoff games, and is probably the best defensive forward on the team, when they haven't heard the slightest inkling of what he might want for a contract per annum.

It's unfathomable to me. Players simply don't come into the league and play like Jordan Staal has before their 20th birthday. Let's see how much he wants before we heave him off the port bow.

I'd be willing to bet it's manageable.