HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Here's an idea: cheap first winger we can get.

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Malakhov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Here's an idea: cheap first line winger we can get.

How about Richard Zednik? I heard he plays on the second line in Montreal. I think he'd fit pretty well with Koivu and Ryder on the first line, maybe it would generate somme offense in Montreal?

I think we can have him for pretty cheap, like Jan Bulis or something.

Old
02-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
lol... I have been wanting this for over 2 months now. I don't think they are listening.. This is just another of those rumour that don't hold any weight.

Old
02-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
How about Richard Zednik? I heard he plays on the second line in Montreal. I think he'd fit pretty well with Koivu and Ryder on the first line, maybe it would generate somme offense in Montreal?

Keep on dreaming...

Old
02-13-2004, 07:02 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:

I still don't know why he is not there?Really...any ideas on why CJ wants him on the 2nd line?

Old
02-13-2004, 07:05 PM
RE-HABS

How about putting Ryder and Zed on opposite lines, there just is enough puck for both of them on the same line. Maybe try Ryder with Ribs and Saku back with Zed???

I would do this:

Zed Saku Bulis
Ryder Ribs Ward
Dackell Juneau Sundstrum
Langdon or Perreault with Begin and Kilger or Dagenais

Old
02-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
I still don't know why he is not there?Really...any ideas on why CJ wants him on the 2nd line?
I don't know but I am getting pissed.
Look, Zednik is our best winger, put him on the first line already.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Bulis and I wouldn't trade him ever (I think he's a great 2 way player) but he is a 3rd line checking player imo. Bulis would be better on the 3rd for us.

Zednik on the first line = good
Bulis on the 3rd line = good
Then maybe Ward on the second line?

Old
02-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Malakhov

I'd do something like:

Koivu with Zednik and Ryder on the first.
Ribeiro with Ward and Hossa (Hossa has offensive skills but doesn't put the effort every night but give him a second chance, it wouldn't be worst than dagenais really).

Old
02-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I agree he and Koivu have good chemistry!

Old
02-13-2004, 07:13 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
I'd do something like:

Koivu with Zednik and Ryder on the first.
Ribeiro with Ward and Hossa (Hossa has offensive skills but doesn't put the effort every night but give him a second chance, it wouldn't be worst than dagenais really).
Actually Zed with Saku and War would be good, Zed the shooter, Koivu the play mker and Ward the mucker with some hockey sense.

Then call up Hossa like you said (demote Dags) and put Ribs, Ryder and Hossa all together. Ribs and Ryder have some chemistry together on the PP and Hossa and Ribs had really good chemistry together on a line at the end of last season...not to mention Hossa played a bit with Ryder on the same line Hamilton during the AHL playoff run last year. Could be a potentially good line with alot of scoring punch if they click?

Old
02-13-2004, 07:17 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Actually Zed with Saku and War would be good, Zed the shooter, Koivu the play mker and Ward the mucker with some hockey sense.

Then call up Hossa like you said (demote Dags) and put Ribs, Ryder and Hossa all together. Ribs and Ryder have some chemistry together on the PP and Hossa and Ribs had really good chemistry together on a line at the end of last season...not to mention Hossa played a bit with Ryder on the same line Hamilton during the AHL playoff run last year. Could be a potentially good line with alot of scoring punch if they click?
all good but I don't wanna see Ward on the first line, I'd rather have Balej there with Sax and Zed.

Old
02-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
all good but I don't wanna see Ward on the first line, I'd rather have Balej there with Sax and Zed.
I'd rather wait until next year for Balej and Perez for that matter. I'd rather have them finish the season in Hamilton and work on their game then coming here this year, just me though.

Old
02-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
I don't know but I am getting pissed.
Look, Zednik is our best winger, put him on the first line already.
The problem is that more and more people think that our 1st line is Rib's line.

The Hockey News have been puting this line above Koivu's for a while now on their depth chart, and the french media are sure helping this idea to spread this idea

Old
02-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Malakhov

Re-Habs: That's pretty good also. Though I think Koivu has a huge part in Ryder's success this year. I'd be weary to move him.

Old
02-13-2004, 07:23 PM
CHareth

Quote:

I heard Bulis refuses to waive his no-trade clause. :p

Old
02-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Malakhov

Dutchy: I am actually starting to think Ribeiro is a better playmaker than Koivu too (I don't want to start a debate on this though) but Zednik has more chemistry with Koivu and he prefers playing with Koivu so that's why I'd move him back with him.

Old
02-13-2004, 07:25 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
The problem is that more and more people think that our 1st line is Rib's line.

The Hockey News have been puting this line above Koivu's for a while now on their depth chart, and the french media are sure helping this idea to spread this idea
It's my personal opinion, but I feel that the Ribs line and Koivu line have been line 1 and 1A.

Old
02-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
It's my personal opinion, but I feel that the Ribs line and Koivu line have been line 1 and 1A.
That's the way I see too.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:10 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Dutchy: I am actually starting to think Ribeiro is a better playmaker than Koivu too (I don't want to start a debate on this though) but Zednik has more chemistry with Koivu and he prefers playing with Koivu so that's why I'd move him back with him.
we have 4 real first lines players , so i don't think that Julien has any choice to play his lines.If he put Zednik in the first , that mean that the second line will not be able to produce at all.

The only way he could play Zednik with Koivu is to play Ryder with Ribeiro.I think that they will be also effective lines ...Zed like to play with Koivu and i am sure that ribs would prefer to play with Ryder since he's less selfish than Zed...

Old
02-13-2004, 10:21 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
The only way he could play Zednik with Koivu is to play Ryder with Ribeiro.I think that they will be also effective lines ...Zed like to play with Koivu and i am sure that ribs would prefer to play with Ryder since he's less selfish than Zed...
MUCH more selfish than zednik.
I will always remember a play of zednik who shot the puck to the net instead of passing it to ribs who was alone on the left side. Ribs just shook his head after that play saying like "why in hell did he shoot?".

Old
02-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Corey

Moving Zednik to Koivu's LW with Ryder at RW might help that line, but it would leave Ribeiro with only Dagenais as a finisher, and Dagenais has been asleep for a long time.

Old
02-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Traitor8

Just call up Marcel Hossa....and put him on Ribeiro's Wing...

Ryder-Koivu-Zednik
Hossa-Ribeiro-Bulis
Sundstrom-Juneau-Ward
Langdon-Begin-Dackell

Old
02-13-2004, 11:13 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
I have been in the past hard on Ribs but I think he has proven his worth ten fold this season already. I know for a fact from just watching Ribs out on the ice that he has more creativity and better vision on the ice when it comes to Koivu. No knock on Saku because he is great, but Ribs has better hockey sense...he just isn't blessed with Saku's speed and grittier play.

Ryder too actually is pretty creative with the puck (passing not only shooting it), Ribs and Ryder together might really frustrate an opposition line checking them because they can really be creative out there. But I also think that is the biggest reason they are on seperate lines and the reason Zed and Saku aren't on the same line with one of them because CJ wants to balance the skilled players to have 2 legit scoring lines. Until a player is acquired or someone steps up on the current team (dreaming here) we will have to wait till next year (or longer depending on the CBA and a potential lock out) for the kids to steal spots to play with all of the mentioned players in this post.

Old
02-14-2004, 12:06 PM
Cariboux

Actually, I would tend to swap Koivu and Ribs partners and put Ribs with Bulis and Ryder and Koivu with Z and an another player, because Dagenais don't fit in the lineup right now and maybe for a long long time...

Do you think that Dagenais would find some motivation to play with the captain and Koivu could inspire Dagenais ?

Old
02-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Necrophile

The problem with our line-up is... DAGENAIS!

Seriously. Let's assume we'll make the playoffs (for the purpose of debating the following). We know that Zednik steps it up in big games, especially in the playoffs. He's a playoff performer, and so is Koivu. Ryder and Ribeiro are ?? in the playoffs. Bulis I would assume to be a playoff performer (is he?).

But Dagenais...

Even if he tried, he would be so easy to contain in the playoffs. Think about it. Teams have to prepare to meet the same opponent for 4 to 7 consecutive games. All the opposing team has to do is realize that Dagenais is a one-trick pony who will take bad penalties in retaliation. AND our second line will be reduced to 2 players; it's that simple! Look what's happening right now? It will be worse in the playoffs if Dagenais is in the line-up.

Solution

Send Dagenais down NOW, and let the team create chemistry with someone else as soon as possible. I could see Marcel Hossa, for example, stepping up his game in the playoffs. Even Kilger could earn a 3rd line spot in the PO's and bump Sundstrom or Ward onto the 2nd line (no callups required with this scenario). CJ DO something...

Old
02-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Wildbeliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
we have 4 real first lines players , so i don't think that Julien has any choice to play his lines.If he put Zednik in the first , that mean that the second line will not be able to produce at all.
I kinda agree with you. I'm thinking the reason why Zed has been playing with Ribs so much is that CJ wants to "spread the wealth". I'm all for having Zed reunited with Saks, but can anyone seriously see a Bulis-Ribs-Dags line?? That would be incredibly weak.

Closed Thread