HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hilarious Goals

Old
05-31-2008, 04:17 AM
clefty
What?

vCash: 500
Hilarious Goals

So last night, our goalie makes a simple regulation save. Then he tries to...I don't really know what he was trying to do, drop the puck behind the net for a defenseman I guess. But he did this weird no look flick thing over his shoulder, and he ended up just throwing the puck into our net. Luckily it was a meaningless game, so we could all see the funny side of it, and my word was it funny.

Anybody else got some stories of hilarious goals they've encountered?

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 06:59 AM
MG91

I went to dump the puck in to get a change. Walked a foot over the red line and just let it rip, didn't even look where it was going. Juts buried my head and pounded it. When i looked i just saw it sailing and it beat teh goalie on the blocker side.

Then in the next period, we were on a penalty kill, one of my buddies took a slapshot from inside our blueline and it looked like it was just going to hit the boards and go into the corner. So the goalie went out to get a head start on stopping the puck. It took a funny bounce off teh glass and went straight in the net.

Two long distance goals in the same game!

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 07:16 AM
xstevex11

As a goalie myself, the most embarassing/funny goal i ever let in there was a shot taken from the offensive zone from the other team. And the puck basically slid toward me very slowly so i just kind of layed my stick down to stop it, and i wasnt actually looking at were my stick was i was making sure that the other team wasnt coming toward me, so i could get ready to pass it. Turns out my stick wasnt actually in front of the puck at all and it literally slid right past me, because i didnt actually look down to see were it was to. Luckily for me this was just a recreation game, and everyone got a good laugh. That was definitely the worst/funniest for me.

xstevex11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Heat McManus

I started playing roller hockey at a place that was just ball hockey. One of my first seasons my goalie let in a HORRIBLE fluke goal just about every game.

The one I remember right now is when he made the initial save standing up. He gloved it then went to toss it to himself and bat it out of the zone. He 99% missed of the ball, just catching a millimeter off the top of his stick. The ball bounced backwards into the net.

Knowing our team at the time it was probably a 3-3 game with 1:21 left in regulation.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 12:49 PM
RealTalk

vCash: 50

RealTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 01:06 PM
slackerracker

well it wasn't quite a goal but it almost went in but, This kid on my roller hockey team cleared the puck out of the zone during a Penalty kill from like 10ft in front of our goalie and he just skies it out almost hitting the ceiling of the place. The goalie wasn't paying attention at all and the puck came down and hit him right in the chest and still failed to react to it. If that went in it would of been one of the funniest goals i've ever seen.

slackerracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
I was playing men's summer hockey and in our second last game of the season we lost 2 centres due to injuries.

WEll my best friend, who was the team captain, goes "You play centre in your women's league...go play centre." So I do.

We're on the PP and I was in front of the net and my friend shoots. I jumped about a foot off the ice since the puck was coming low...but the defenseman deflected it right into my pants. I came down and kind of did this shake to dump the puck. It drops about a foot away from my winger Michelle and she goes and hammers it into the net.

05-31-2008, 02:47 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
I was playing men's summer hockey and in our second last game of the season we lost 2 centres due to injuries.

WEll my best friend, who was the team captain, goes "You play centre in your women's league...go play centre." So I do.

We're on the PP and I was in front of the net and my friend shoots. I jumped about a foot off the ice since the puck was coming low...but the defenseman deflected it right into my pants. I came down and kind of did this shake to dump the puck. It drops about a foot away from my winger Michelle and she goes and hammers it into the net.
"Is that a puck in your pants or are you just happy to see us?"

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
"Is that a puck in your pants or are you just happy to see us?"
Hahaha.

Pretty much.

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 04:17 PM
Pensfan86

Send a message via AIM to Pensfan86
I recall playing our rivals in high school hockey during my junior season. It was 3-2 us, with about four minutes remaining. Our goalie had played incredible all game and was truly the reason we were still winning. We happened to be on the power play, and their defenseman picked up the puck and cleared it from his own blue line. The puck was bouncing and somehow managed to beat our goalie 5-hole from like 100 feet out. There wasn't much I could say/do given our goalie had about 35 saves at that point. Fortunately we regrouped and won in OT.

Pensfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Phoenix

recreational game luckily, but puck sails in really ultra slow for the 5-hole. The goalie drops to their knees to stop it. But somehow the puck continues sailing through the hole like a tunnel and goes into the net.

Everyone had a laugh.

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 05:56 PM
PMP5030

Rec league game from earlier in the summer, we're playing the best team in the league and doing well to keep the score 2-1 them in the second period. Some fast action in our end results in a couple of guys getting bumped around the net and knocking our goalie's water bottle and towel off of the top of the net about 3 feet to the side. Play leaves our zone as we carry the puck on the attack to the offensive zone.

As we put pressure on their net in the opposing end, our goalie decides to get his errant bottle and towel and skates away from his net momentarily. Meanwhile, we're putting heavy pressure on their net to tie the score and after a save by their goalie the puck ends up on the stick of one of their defensemen who frantically clears it to get an icing or at the very least to regroup.

So the puck leaves their zone and lands at center ice, flat and sliding directly towards our now empty goal, with our tender's back to the play as he picks up his bottle and towel. Of course, those of us on the bench start frantically yelling for our goalie to turn around as it becomes clear none of our skaters will be able to get back and retreive the puck in time. Unfortunately the puck slides into the net just as our goalie turns back around (still out of the net), and he looks completely bewildered as to what just happened.

Of course, we lost 3-2.

PMP5030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Heat McManus

I was coaching a game a few years ago and one of my kids got a breakaway. As he gets to the slot he's hauled down. Both players swat at the puck, and then slide the backboards. The ref signals a goal and the face-off goes to center ice. The kid takes the face-off and comes back to the bench a minute later.

I lean over to him, "Hey, did it go five-hole?" He stares at me, "What?". "The puck, did you put it five-hole?" He stares for a few more seconds and then his eyes go wiiiiide, "I SCORED?!"

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 10:56 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
I haven't really played hockey long enough to have one of these... though I guess one of our players alone in front of the net made a beautiful tip off a point shot between the goalies legs for a goal. Except of course he was a defenseman standing in front of our own goalie, but thats beginners hockey for you

I've got a good soccer one though I did. Playing defense I found myself in a dangerous position, chasing the ball towards my own net at high speed, with an opposing forward right on my tail, and our goalie running towards us for the ball. I knew the forward wasn't going to get past me, but I figured that it could be a dangerous and unpredictable collision if I let the goalie hit us, so I went into a sliding sweep kick aiming to put the ball out of bounds. Unfortunately it bounced at the last second and just nicked the top of my foot, to just change the angle enough past the goalie and into my own net. Even more unfortunate was this was a high school provincials game which we lost 3-2. Oops

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 01:10 AM
ashleesimpson<3*

Send a message via MSN to ashleesimpson<3* Send a message via Yahoo to ashleesimpson<3*
one of our best forwards this year, we had one game where he had like 3 breakaways, but didn't score on any of them, then he was just going for a dump and chase, and it somehow went 5hole, we ended up losing the game 3-2 but that was pretty good.

Another hilarious play, which wasn't a goal or anything, it was a bunch of us just chilling playing osme hockey, and one of my defenceman goes to clear the puck and it hits a guy on the other teams skate, and the blade jst shattered, like it flew off the skate too bout the otherside of the red line, and it was a weak shot too.

ashleesimpson<3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 05:20 AM
SJGoalie32

Got a few of them:

-Puck was shot from behind the opposing goal line. It was getting close to being on goal, but I tried to hug the post and not touch it so that it could go for icing. Apparently, my stick wasn't all the way on the ice, and it slid right into the net. We ended up winning the game 2-1, but it cost me a shutout.....and a lot of embarrassment.

-Puck was cleared down the ice along the left wing boards on a penalty kill. I skated out of my crease to play the puck behind the net, but it hit off the REFEREE'S skate just a bit inside my blue line and caromed into the net. We were losing 7-1 at the time, and that goal came with about 2 minutes left to play. The ref apologized, but the outcome wasn't affected. Just added insult to injury.

-Two minutes left, 2-0 lead, puck was cleared down the ice on a PK clearing attempt. This one was a slapshot through the air, which I easily caught with my glove. I went to play the puck and pass it up to a teammate with no pressure on me, but when I tried to play it, I noticed the puck was stuck in the webbing of my mitt. After several failed attempts to shake it loose, I took my stick and whacked the pocket of my glove to free the puck......at which point it promptly fell out, bounced off the ice below me, and rolled about 20 feet behind me into the open net.

SJGoalie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 08:24 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

There was a tip of a stick blade laying near the point, I passed the tip across the crease and shot the puck into an empty net as the goalie followed the broken tip

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 05:41 AM
Robo-Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
There was a tip of a stick blade laying near the point, I passed the tip across the crease and shot the puck into an empty net as the goalie followed the broken tip
I'm pretty sure that's an illegal play.

Robo-Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Rec League 1st game of this session. We're on the PK and they were just peppering our net. Finally one of our guys blocked the shot and fed me the puck. It was a 2-1 and I fired it just above the faceoff circle to the right of the goalie, hit off the glass high, bounces off and hits the goalie in the back, then fell into the net. I was pretty happy because well. I don't score goals often enough.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 09:43 AM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJGoalie32 View Post
-Puck was cleared down the ice along the left wing boards on a penalty kill. I skated out of my crease to play the puck behind the net, but it hit off the REFEREE'S skate just a bit inside my blue line and caromed into the net. We were losing 7-1 at the time, and that goal came with about 2 minutes left to play. The ref apologized, but the outcome wasn't affected. Just added insult to injury.
I need to check the rule book but I think that goal should have been waved off with a faceoff from the spot where it hit the ref.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
I need to check the rule book but I think that goal should have been waved off with a faceoff from the spot where it hit the ref.

Goal is good, the ref is part of the play, you have to deal with it the same way you have to deal with a bad call, or the same way you deal with any other puck that hits a referee. You never see a referere blow the whistle because a puck hit him.

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 10:58 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

My first goal in roller hockey, I fanned completely on the shot, but part of my stick caught it (note I was on a break away). The puck popped about 2 feet up in the air, and flew very slowly to the left, just over the goalie's right pad as he was in the butterfly, and it went in. I thought it was funny.

Also, my friend has a tendency to skate a lot and pull off dekes and then shoot hard angle shots. Regardless, he was behind the net back at the corner and threw the puck on net and it hit the goalie and went in. The funny part was a few days later we were watching a Flyers game and Jim Dowd scored a goal exactly the same way. We now claim that Jim Dowd scored a Tom goal, and not the other way around.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Last year, our goalie flung the puck all the way down the ice, maybe we were on the PK, or it hit one of their guys on the way. Their goalie stops the puck in the corner, turns to fling it back up ice to one of his forwards, bounces off a defenseman and in. Our goalie got the goal! Another good one was our defenseman dumping the puck from the red line, just a soft wrist shot, somehow beat the goalie.

All my goals in the first half of the year were fluke bounces in traffic. One big one was in overtime, where I centered the puck from the corner, went in off the goalie's skate, but that's not too hilarious. A better one was me dumping the puck into the corner, hit their defenseman's stick from about six feet in front of the net, right past the goalie and in.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Brodeur

Defensive zone faceoff and we're killing a penalty. Centerman wins it clean back to one of our hands of stone D who tries to clear it behind the net......and he manages to pick a corner on me. We had a good laugh since that guy couldn't buy a goal.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 04:04 PM
TheAngryHank
Expert

On PK one time i ragged the puck to center ice to kill some during a change. So I lob it into the other teams end and turn to my bench to make my change. In no hurry i kinda glide back to my bench , just before i reach the bench my whole team stands up and cheers/ laughs!! I turn to look to see what happened and the puck was in the net. I guess it one hopped over the goalie and hand cuffed him. My most cheesy goal ever that i never seen go in..

TheAngryHank is offline   Reply With Quote