HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Source says John Carlson to go to London (OHL)

Old
05-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
OT: Source says John Carlson to go to London (OHL)

A source on these HF Boards says that he talked to a source close to the family and Carlson's family said John is going to the OHL.

Link: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=520308

Yay! A better chance for Ottawa to draft him, he will get to play more games with the Knights, and the Knights are very good at developing players. In addition he will have a faster descent to the NHL.

I think this ups his draft stock by a lot, and a great pickup by the Knights, they are going to be very good next season.

I know it isn't a great source but I trust him

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 05:50 PM
DEATHtrap

vCash: 500
Carlson is an absolute stud. I selected him at #18 in an ongoing mock draft I am participiting in as the Senators GM. I also got Markstrom with the #41 pic.

Anyways Carlson has been registering some very impressive measurables at the combine. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=239235&l...=topStory_main

Quote:
One player making an early impression in the second group was defenceman John Carlson (ranked 17th by CSB), another American high schooler. He's listed at 6-foot-2 and 212 pounds, but somehow looked a lot bigger than that. Carlson looks like a big, strong kid, and who knows how big he might get when he 'fills out'!
The kid is going to be such a beast. A beast that still has the the skill set to be a pp QB, with his skating abillity, first pass and booming shot.

DEATHtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 05:52 PM
KrazyTea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizo View Post
Carlson is an absolute stud. I selected him at #18 in an ongoing mock draft I am participiting in as the Senators GM. I also got Markstrom with the #41 pic.

Anyways Carlson has been registering some very impressive measurables at the combine. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=239235&l...=topStory_main

The kid is going to be such a beast. A beast that still has the the skill set to be a pp QB, with his skating abillity, first pass and booming shot.
I'm glad you picked him, I think he's an absolute stud of a sleeper pick. He doesn't get a lot of play in the headlines but he could definitely be a headliner in the future!

KrazyTea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Space Can*

I really hope the Sens consider picking Carlson with the 18th pick. I think he could be the best defenseman in this draft after the big 4.

Space Can* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 10:45 AM
aligator

I'm on board for Carlson. I also like Teubert but doubt that he will be available at 18.

aligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 11:06 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

I agree that the Sens should consider Carlson at the #18 spot. More and more I'm convinced that Murray will go "D" in the first round and "G" in the second...I would prefer the Sens take Carlson over someone like Teubert or Robak because he seems to have a great deal of upside, and if he is indeed playing in London next year, he should develop really well.

The Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Hale The Villain

I don't know why but Carlson reminds me of Brent Seabrook, anyone else see this comparison?

Old
05-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Spalfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
A source on these HF Boards says that he talked to a source close to the family and Carlson's family said John is going to the OHL.

Link: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=520308

Yay! A better chance for Ottawa to draft him, he will get to play more games with the Knights, and the Knights are very good at developing players. In addition he will have a faster descent to the NHL.

I think this ups his draft stock by a lot, and a great pickup by the Knights, they are going to be very good next season.

I know it isn't a great source but I trust him
I do agree that this is good news from a player development perspective, but I have no idea how this means there will be a better chance that Ottawa drafts him, if anything, his stock will be even higher. Originally, I predicted he would go anywhere from 13-17 and now with his impressive combine and the news that he might go to the OHL, his stock has increased even more. I would love for Ottawa to get Carlson, but I just think he is too good to fall to us.... unless we traded up to get him .

Spalfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speatley View Post
I do agree that this is good news from a player development perspective, but I have no idea how this means there will be a better chance that Ottawa drafts him, if anything, his stock will be even higher. Originally, I predicted he would go anywhere from 13-17 and now with his impressive combine and the news that he might go to the OHL, his stock has increased even more. I would love for Ottawa to get Carlson, but I just think he is too good to fall to us.... unless we traded up to get him .
I think his stock is raising but not enough that a team in the top 13 will pick him and I don't think Carolina, Nashville, Boston or Calgary will draft him. Hurricanes' GM said he isn't drafting a defenseman, Nashville is stacked on defense, Boston is in need of offense, and Calgary is also in need of offense.

We just have to watch Buffalo, and the Blackhawks

Old
05-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Spalfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
I think his stock is raising but not enough that a team in the top 13 will pick him and I don't think Carolina, Nashville, Boston or Calgary will draft him. Hurricanes' GM said he isn't drafting a defenseman, Nashville is stacked on defense, Boston is in need of offense, and Calgary is also in need of offense.

We just have to watch Buffalo, and the Blackhawks
Honestly, I could see Nashville taking him with the 15th pick. They usually love to take defenseman in the first round and they might get a guy like Wilson with their 10th overall pick, so it would make sense. And I could see any of Carolina, Boston and Calgary taking him too, first round of the draft is usually PBA and I definitely think he will be the BPA at those picks.

Spalfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote