Notices

The Current Flames Depth Chart

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2008, 03:56 PM
scoringmachine

vCash: 500
The Current Flames Depth Chart

I was bored and decided to look at the Calgary Flames depth chart on their offical website and this what they had as of May 31st, 2008.

Forward

Tanguay - Langkow - Iginla
Huselius - Conroy - Nolan
Vandermeer - Lombardi - Yelle
Nystrom - Primeau - Moss

Extra Forwards
Smith, Boyd, Godard and Nilson

Defence

Regehr - Sarich
Eriksson - Phaneuf
Hale - Aucoin

Extra -Warrener

Goalies

Mikka Kipprussof
Curtis Joseph

As I look at the depth chart their will be some changes. For the forwards. The second line will need a Left-Winger to replace Huselius, and with Nolan future uncertain we may also need a Right-Winger to replace him if he doesn't resign.
For third line Vandermeer played defence for the Flames so we need a Left-Winger for this line. Yell if resigned I think he will play on the fourth line as center moving Moss to Right-Wing on third line. Boyd would play Right-Wing on the fourth line.

For the defence Regehr and Sarich will stay together. Phaneuf will be paired up with Vandermeer or Hale. Aucoin will likely have Girodano(who recently resigned). Ericksson and Warrener one of them will be gone whether traded or buyout. Making the fourth pairing Ericksson/Warrener and Vandermeer or Hale.

For the goalies Kipprussof will be the number 1 guy. I would like to have Joseph back for one full season to lighten Kipprussof workload so he does not burn out. It will be unlikely that Joseph resigns so the best option would be to give the job to Curtis McElhinney and he should see 10 to 15 games this season.

Last edited by scoringmachine: 05-31-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old
06-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Hopefully, Eriksson will be traded, and Warrener will retire. Resign Conroy, and Nolan if the price is right. A cheap alternative to Nolan would be Gelinas, but I'd like to see the younger guys get a shot. I'm neutral on the Joseph thing, he played well, but again, I'd like to see the younger guys get a chance. I get the feeling Yelle will go back to the Av's, or Minnesota. Huselius is probably gone.

Last edited by Skobel24: 06-01-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old
06-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Closed. We have had about a thread per week covering this topic since the Flames' loss to the Sharks.

Closed Thread