HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Martin on XM Monday Afternoon

Old
06-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Thunderheart

vCash: 500
Martin on XM Monday Afternoon

Martin was on In The Slot on XM 204 at about 4:20 pm today.

Regarding Ollie he said that this past year was disappointing....however, Oillie is nearly a point a game #1 Center with size, hard shot & 2 more years with a salary you do not see for #1 Centers. He did not rule out a trade but said it had to be more than equal and had to better the Panthers.
Re-stated that he is interested in a puck moving D-man.
Interested in seeing how Mattis, Frolik, Repik & Ellerby perform in camp & pre-season. Sounded like he was not looking for our long needed sniper....
Stated he was happy with Goaltending situation...
Thunderheart

Thunderheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
PanthersFanatic12

Thats why i like JM , hes a man of reason . He knows what fair value trade wise , and always thinks for whats best for the team . He personally expierenced the teams struggles behind the bench . SO he knows exactly what this team needs. And a better transition game is what we need to improve to increase scoring chances and decrease time in our zone . This is accomplished by improving our defence core.

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 08:52 AM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Its what I've been telling you guys, he was only going to trade for overpayment.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Tuco

At the end of our season a couple months ago I was pretty optimistic that we would get rid of Joke for a playmaking center who would control the puck, and also get rid of Martin for a more modern and offensive minded coach/GM. And look what happens: we seem to be stuck with both. Martin got an extension and now he wants overpayment for Joke who is in a very fragile state. I know I am a Panther fan and I'm supposed to be used to disappointments but...

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:55 PM
harv3317

good , i aggre with j.m. there is no way we get equal value. ollie is a 1 st line center and is paid like a second liner. he is valuable. get him a decent winger and get the c off his chest and he will be an asset to this team. glad keenanis gone!!!!! who knows what would happen with jaebo and ollie!!!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 06:29 AM
Madhatter73

Olli still needs to learn how to win face-offs. 43% has a lot to do with our shots against and time in our own zone...

Madhatter73 is offline   Reply With Quote