Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanguay and the Draft - "Proposal"

Old
06-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Qubax

vCash: 500
Tanguay and the Draft - "Proposal"

I heard on the Satellite HotStove on CBC that Jokinen was NOT going to stay with the Panthers. So that got me to thinking. With Tanguay unhappy and underutilized in Calgarys system would we consider doing the following deal:

Tanguay and 17th Overall

for

Jokinen

Tanguay could really flourish in that division and set up Horton. Value wise it's not bad and we all know that Darryl has wanted Jokinen for a long time. We may need to add a bit more maybe a 3rd or something, but I don't think it's totally out to lunch and could benefit both teams...

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Badger Bob

Is it too much trouble to type in the word, "proposal," in the thread title, so that people aren't lured into thinking that there's real news here?

Badger Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

I really doubt Tanguay is gone at the draft, who is going to be our left winger? I mean Juice is as good as gone.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Hyde

I personally would rather keep Tanguay and the first round pick. I also editted the title, as this is just a "wish"/thought of the OP.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
I'm for/against both. Tanguay is a very strong defensive Left wing and playmaker. He had a bad season, and could have one again. We know he isnt happy, so he probably won't resign. Jokinen is a strong center, who could play well with Iginla. The keyword being 'could'. If Jokinen doesn't get the job done, we've lost the first. Not only that, but we pick up salary that will be with us after Tanguay would have originally been gone, which would probably be put to better use by resigning the youngens.

and IMO, Tanguay wouldn't reach 60 points in Florida. ( just a guess )

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2008, 11:35 PM
true_moose

That's kind of a lot to give up. I mean, Demitra got O'Sullivan (a damn good prospect, but a prospect nonetheless) and a 17th in a much less deep draft (Trevor Lewis, you might recall.) Plus Minnesota has a much younger team to begin with, and had another first to play with. I'm not necessarily opposed to moving Tanguay, and of course any time you can add a player of the calibre of a Jokinen, great, but this trade, I don't see as necessarily strengthening either the NHL team or the organization as a whole. And in order to make a move, I firmly believe you need to know that it will make you a better team.

Last edited by true_moose: 06-01-2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Formatting
true_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2008, 04:26 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I personally would rather keep Tanguay and the first round pick. I also editted the title, as this is just a "wish"/thought of the OP.
Me too. I am excited to see what Sutter is going to do at the draft with his pick. I'd rather keep the first and get a solid young player. I like Tanguay and I think the flames hold onto him to start the season unless they get a really solid trade offer at the draft.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2008, 06:19 AM
LennyV

I don't like the idea of us not having any picks in the first two rounds of this years draft. we need more young offensive firepower (especially with Puustinen going to Finland and Ryder not looking to be returning) in our ranks. Keep Tanguay and the draft pick.

LennyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
I'd like to see us keep the pick to finally draft someone that can put up points and keep Tanguay. I think that we all know Huselius is gone and Sutter will for sure deal Tanguay if he can (I'm not talking about the obvious, if it's an amazing deal like Tanguay for Crosby and Malkin type thing). I don't know how Sutter will rebuild our top 2 LW slots with Huselius and possibily Tanguay gone via free agency becacuse the top end players are not there this year and we don't have any cap space.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote