HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund - Pitkanen for Cammalleri possibility

Old
06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Quatchi

vCash: 500
I'm pro Pitkanen and dont want to trade him but I'd consider a Pitkanen for Frolov package because they Oilers seem to be very good at finding D...

Quatchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Spawn

No thanks. Don't want to trade Pitkanen. Sounded like MacT didn't either.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 03:51 PM
GMofOilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
No thanks. Don't want to trade Pitkanen. Sounded like MacT didn't either.
I dont want to either. WOuld you do it for the #2 pick?? I would.

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
I dont want to either. WOuld you do it for the #2 pick?? I would.
No I wouldn't.... I agree with whoever said it before. The d-men in this draft don't have a higher ceiling than Pitkanen, and are way further away from reaching it.

Pitkanen right now is a top pairing d-men on probably 1/2 the teams in the league. Most of the d-men in this draft are a year or 2 away from even playing in the NHL, let alone playing 25 minutes a night.

Pitkanen for a pick is a stupid idea.

Old
06-04-2008, 04:00 PM
GMofOilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
No I wouldn't.... I agree with whoever said it before. The d-men in this draft don't have a higher ceiling than Pitkanen, and are way further away from reaching it.

Pitkanen right now is a top pairing d-men on probably 1/2 the teams in the league. Most of the d-men in this draft are a year or 2 away from even playing in the NHL, let alone playing 25 minutes a night.

Pitkanen for a pick is a stupid idea.
Just asking, you dont have to yell

Like I said I really dont want to trade him but would do it for a top 3 pick.

Old
06-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Hemsky4PM

It is way too early for the Oilers to trade Pitkanen away especially if they were only getting Cammo in return. He's a very talented player, but he's not a superstar game breaker. I guess it would make a bit of sense if the Oilers decided to roll three scoring lines? Still, this team needs defensive help before goalscoring.

I think Pitkanen will be signed at 3.75M for this season. It won't happen until the eve of camp though.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Just asking, you dont have to yell

Like I said I really dont want to trade him but would do it for a top 3 pick.
I'd trade him for #1.

Old
06-04-2008, 04:09 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Unless Pitkanen says screw the NHL and goes back home to play. Big lose there.
More what ifs don't help you win arguments unless you can show there is a real possibility of it happening.

And no your gut doesn't count.

Quote:
Im not a big fan of moving Pitkanen. The only way I would move him is to get a top 3 pick. Thats the only way I move him.
And you'd be wrong to do that. I like Bogosian and Doughty, but the aren't worth giving up Pitkanen for unless you really want us to tank for Tavares/Hedman. And if that is your end goal, then at least state that.

Quote:
If your going to sign him to 2 years and you keep him till the trade deadline you are going to get a package from another team. Not a top 3 pick.
We aren't signing him to a 2 year deal. that takes him to UFA and would be horrible asset management by Lowe. Unless he has a stroke, Lowe isn't offering a 2 year deal with to Joni this summer.

Quote:
If you sign him one year his stock drops. Teams will know that he is only 1 year from UFA. Pits doesnt really like NA. Didnt like philly, not sure on edmonton......

Do you have any evidence that his stock would drop and that he doesn't like NA?

06-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Kamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
More what ifs don't help you win arguments unless you can show there is a real possibility of it happening.

And you'd be wrong to do that. I like Bogosian and Doughty, but the aren't worth giving up Pitkanen for unless you really want us to tank for Tavares/Hedman. And if that is your end goal, then at least state that.

We aren't signing him to a 2 year deal. that takes him to UFA and would be horrible asset management by Lowe. Unless he has a stroke, Lowe isn't offering a 2 year deal with to Joni this summer.

Pitkanen for L.A. 08 and 09 1st round picks.

Kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 04:26 PM
GMofOilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post

I think his stock drops after this summer/season. For the pure fact that the more years of RFA the more the stock. That was my point.

How about Filatov at #2. Go with our defence we got now and the prospects coming up. We all know we arent going to win the cup next year with Pitkanen in the lineup or not anyways. Hell if we dont make the playoffs with a 09 prospect pool we will be ok. Remember gagner is still only 18, cogs 20, we got a young core to build around.

So that leaves us with a 1 year deal. We know they are worlds apart on a multi year deal. So why not draft a inexpensive impact player. I guess only same could come in at 18 years old. The difference between Stamkos and Filatov is like the difference between Turris and Kane last year.

Its been noted lots throughout his career that he just isnt intrested NA. Go ask all the people on the philly board that actually seen him for a lot longer than us.

Old
06-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiOil View Post
Why not? Pitkanen is only 24, most of his scoring is at EV, and was a 4th overall pick himself.
He only scored 26 points last year. ES or not, that's not very good. Add in all the other issues - injury prone, difficult to coach, no contract and asking for a huge raise and I don't see that gettting you the #2 overall pick in what everyone believes is a very strong draft year. A while ago, I posed the possiblity of trading the #22 and Pitkanen for the #5. I think that's a lot closer to being a realistic deal.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Petro Points

Pitkanen + TORRES for Cammalleri + 2008 1st works for me

there is no way we keep Torres if we are getting another LW

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 04:42 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergeo View Post
haha the "Getting use to the NA" game quote is a joke. the dude was putting up massive points with Forsberg. leave it to EDM to torch a kids game as usual. "hey our power play was at like 8% for most of the year. lets get the puck to Stoll more for his inaccurate crappy shot or his stick breaking."

Pitkanen is fine in the NA game. what is the NA game anyway? the one the russians and swedes are dominating?

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 04:43 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge Joni View Post

LA is getting absolutely robbed in that scenario. if this is Nintendo Trades, you might as well just trade those two for Stamkos right now.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
This thread really should have had 'hockeybuzz' in the title then I wouldn't have clicked on it.
Agreed.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Heavy Dee

Torres and pitkanen for Dustin Brown..

Heavy Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 05:08 PM
mic

If we acquired Cammalleri then were would we put Reasoner? MacT alluded that Marty will be back and he actually is needed in shutdown situations and on the PK.

I like the idea of having a second/third line of: GlenX/Torres-Stoll-Cammalleri

It is very possible the Cammy could replace Cogliano or Nilson and win a lot more face-offs as he avaerages 50+%, even if he only takes 200-300 draws per season.

mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

To Edmonton: Cammalleri, 2nd Overall, Dallas' 1st Rounder, 2-2nd round picks
To LA: Pitkanen, Horcoff, Torres
Then sign Redden to a deal...

Cammalleri-Gagner-Hemsky
Penner-Stoll-Pisani
Nilsson-Cogliano-Schremp
Moreau-Brodziak-Pouliot

Redden-Souray
Gilbert-Grebeshkov
Staios-Smid
Greene

Garon
Roli/JDD

We'd probably miss the post season, but we'd be swimming in prospects soon after and we may have a guy with the 2nd overall pick that could play right now. Cammalleri and Ciogs are good friends, so maybe we could keep him there when his contract expires. The season after we'd be ready to make a big time playoff push.

06-04-2008, 05:41 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by pox View Post
dont want Cammalleri.. i want there first round pick
A little late but I agree 1,000,000%.

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 05:52 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 337
Quote:
Garbage. And lacks sense for either side.

Quote:
He only scored 26 points last year. ES or not, that's not very good. Add in all the other issues - injury prone, difficult to coach, no contract and asking for a huge raise and I don't see that gettting you the #2 overall pick in what everyone believes is a very strong draft year. A while ago, I posed the possiblity of trading the #22 and Pitkanen for the #5. I think that's a lot closer to being a realistic deal.
You're vastly underrating Pitkanen's trade value. 26 points in 60-something games - pro-rated to 35 in an up-and-down year and an 150% in goals over his previous season. I hate to reference Stauffer, but I think he's probably a bit closer in saying that we could land a top-3 pick with just Pitkanen considering those teams openly desire a top-pairing puckmover (which is what Pitkanen is now, let alone what he has the potential to be).

For the record, I would deal Pitkanen+ for the 2nd pick and a warm body. And I would take Nikita Filatov with the pick.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Garbage. And lacks sense for either side.
It turns LA into a respectable team and gives us 1 more year to finalize a rebuild and look forward to making a big splash the 2 seasons and beyond after next year.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:02 PM
pox

Send a message via MSN to pox
My "Im board on the Bus to Calgary" wishlist from LA goes like this

Kopitar(yes its imposable, but hey its a wishlist)
Frolov
1st pick
Dustin Brown
O'Sulivin

Yes i know i brutalized there names

pox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:08 PM
oilerfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
No thanks. I don't want to see Horcoff in a deal without a guy like Fisher coming back to replace him.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:27 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Its been noted lots throughout his career that he just isnt intrested NA. Go ask all the people on the philly board that actually seen him for a lot longer than us.
Well all the articles up here this year said Joni was liking Edmonton. We all know Niinimaa preferred it here to Philly, since Edmonton was closer to Finland in recreation and environment. Maybe it's the same for Joni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge Joni View Post

Change Pitkanen to Horcoff, keep Torres add Smid or Chorney and maybe even the 22nd and then we're getting close to Cammalleri and the 2nd overall. And I'd still do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
First, I think that deal hurts us too much in the short term. That lineup is also banking a lot on us getting Redden. If we can't get a Pitkanen replacement like Redden or Campbell, we are a Souray shoulder away from lottery positions, imho. Unless we fluke out big time and the someone we take the 08 draft Gagners on us and makes the team and can play a big part. But what are the chances of that happening?

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
You're vastly underrating Pitkanen's trade value. 26 points in 60-something games - pro-rated to 35 in an up-and-down year and an 150% in goals over his previous season. I hate to reference Stauffer, but I think he's probably a bit closer in saying that we could land a top-3 pick with just Pitkanen considering those teams openly desire a top-pairing puckmover (which is what Pitkanen is now, let alone what he has the potential to be).

For the record, I would deal Pitkanen+ for the 2nd pick and a warm body. And I would take Nikita Filatov with the pick.
A pro-rated version of Pitkanen's stats doesn't mean as much for someone who isn't capable of playing a full season. I might have been a bit generous with my other proposal, but there is absolutely no way I will believe he's worth the #2 pick until I see it happen with my own eyes.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote