HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

I want to win the Stanley Cup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2008, 11:34 AM
  #1
jmb9191
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
I want to win the Stanley Cup

Yeah, stuipd thread...who doesn't. Just, after all this coverage with the Wings...I never realized how much I want to just embrace it....and win one. I was 2 and a half in 94, and as much fun as it is to watch videos, and even though I do get goosebumps from watching the videos....I want one to take in myself. To walk around for months, as a proud fan of the Stanley Cup Champion Rangers.

I've seen this team sweep through round 1 of the playoffs, and i've now seen us beat the Devils in a very intense playoff series....but thats just not enough. I want it all. I want to win.

Lets have a great offseason, and get geared for our own run at the Stanley Cup. Lets Go Rangers!

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 11:45 AM
  #2
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
Yeah, stuipd thread...who doesn't. Just, after all this coverage with the Wings...I never realized how much I want to just embrace it....and win one. I was 2 and a half in 94, and as much fun as it is to watch videos, and even though I do get goosebumps from watching the videos....I want one to take in myself. To walk around for months, as a proud fan of the Stanley Cup Champion Rangers.

I've seen this team sweep through round 1 of the playoffs, and i've now seen us beat the Devils in a very intense playoff series....but thats just not enough. I want it all. I want to win.

Lets have a great offseason, and get geared for our own run at the Stanley Cup. Lets Go Rangers!
I want to win the Mega Million

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
  #3
AK2794
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
yea I kinda wish I was older in 94, I was 10 at the time. I love the Rangers, but it just seems like its gonna be awhile till we celebrate again. Kinda sucks since I wont be in my young 20's forever and wont be able to celebrate to the level I would now

AK2794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 11:49 AM
  #4
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,616
vCash: 500
Well, we're certainly due by 2048.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 11:53 AM
  #5
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
I was 20 when we won in 1994 and that summer was just amazing.

I hope we do it sooner rather than later so you younger guys know what its like, but its almost impossible to experience what '94 was like.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
  #6
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS
 
KotsyJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 873
'94 was a good year for me. Saw the Rangers win the cup... saw my Niners last Super Bowl season

Unfortunately, I was only 6. However, I do have my vivid memories of running around the house cheering for both occasions.

I have been starving for a championship ever since (Rangers, Niners, Jays, Raptors).

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:22 PM
  #7
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,857
vCash: 500
14 when they won the cup and i was thinking the same thing last night.

Its not easy.

30 teams.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
  #8
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KotsyJr View Post
'94 was a good year for me. Saw the Rangers win the cup... saw my Niners last Super Bowl season

Unfortunately, I was only 6. However, I do have my vivid memories of running around the house cheering for both occasions.

I have been starving for a championship ever since (Rangers, Niners, Jays, Raptors).
interesting teams. Rangers, Niners, Yanks, and Knicks for me. The Yanks have kept me sustained, but even they dont seem close to a championship anymore. Its ok, im a patient man.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:41 PM
  #9
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
Yeah, stuipd thread...who doesn't. Just, after all this coverage with the Wings...I never realized how much I want to just embrace it....and win one. I was 2 and a half in 94, and as much fun as it is to watch videos, and even though I do get goosebumps from watching the videos....I want one to take in myself. To walk around for months, as a proud fan of the Stanley Cup Champion Rangers.

I've seen this team sweep through round 1 of the playoffs, and i've now seen us beat the Devils in a very intense playoff series....but thats just not enough. I want it all. I want to win.

Lets have a great offseason, and get geared for our own run at the Stanley Cup. Lets Go Rangers!
You picked the wrong team, dude.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:44 PM
  #10
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I was 20 when we won in 1994 and that summer was just amazing.

I hope we do it sooner rather than later so you younger guys know what its like, but its almost impossible to experience what '94 was like.

Man that spring was truly special. The NY scene was just amazing. Between the Rangers and the Knicks.... very special

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
  #11
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS
 
KotsyJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
interesting teams. Rangers, Niners, Yanks, and Knicks for me. The Yanks have kept me sustained, but even they dont seem close to a championship anymore. Its ok, im a patient man.
Fellow Niner fan

Yeah, I was born in Canada... so Raps/Jays. Growing up my Dad followed the 49ers since the 60's, so that's a family tradition now. And as I mentioned earlier, my pops played for the Rangers so hence them.

But it's all good, I'm at Game 7 of the Devils series tonight in my Rangers DVDs. So I'll be winning the cup all over again soon

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:47 PM
  #12
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,492
vCash: 500
The Rangers need very special leadership to go all the way. So many distractions in the big Apple.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:48 PM
  #13
Cherepanov 71
Registered User
 
Cherepanov 71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albany, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
I want to date Anastasia Ashley, and win the cup

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:53 PM
  #14
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KotsyJr View Post
Fellow Niner fan

Yeah, I was born in Canada... so Raps/Jays. Growing up my Dad followed the 49ers since the 60's, so that's a family tradition now. And as I mentioned earlier, my pops played for the Rangers so hence them.

But it's all good, I'm at Game 7 of the Devils series tonight in my Rangers DVDs. So I'll be winning the cup all over again soon
yeah, im 27 (about to turn 28 in a few days) so i grew up during the Niners hay day, i guess you could call me a bandwagon fan, in that the first football game i ever saw showed john taylor catch a winning touchdown for a superbowl win against the bengals. I was a fan ever since.
the other 3 are because i grew up in NY, so those were my teams.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 01:00 PM
  #15
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,088
vCash: 500
It was a great Spring...

I was 24 at the time...in the bar every night - one night watching the Rangers and the other watching the Knicks (funny how times have changed - I barely watch basketball now). You had the Cup, the parade, OJ (the big chase was Friday, June 17th, the day of the parade - I think Starks missed a 3-pointer to win the game sending the series to game 7). You had the Rangers/Devils series. Wow, what a Spring.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
  #16
pjdude
Registered User
 
pjdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ 2 AZ now Fla
Country: United States
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
hopefully next year boys. I feel like i say that every year, except those horrible 7 years.

pjdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
  #17
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 50
I was 14 and finishing 8th grade. I remember being allowed to stay up to watch game 7 with my dad despite my mom wanting me to go to bed since it was a school night. I still get chills when I hear "THE WAITING IS OVER! THE NEW YORK RANGERS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!" oh, and I go Rangers, Mets, Saints and screw the NBA.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
  #18
ogie
Registered User
 
ogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,271
vCash: 500
you want to win a stanley cup? better start working out more.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 04:52 PM
  #19
Captain Monglobster
Registered User
 
Captain Monglobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I was 20 when we won in 1994 and that summer was just amazing.

I hope we do it sooner rather than later so you younger guys know what its like, but its almost impossible to experience what '94 was like.
Only forty years left!

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 05:09 PM
  #20
TrueBlueNorwegian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Norway
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
I was 9 years old in 94. 1993/1994 was the year after i started playing hockey and the season i started subscribing to Pro Hockey magazine, a hockey magazine that covers the NHL in Europe, and that was how i discovered the NHL. I became a Rangers fan (no particular reason) and i have been bleeding blue ever since. Fortunately we won the Cup that year, and i remember the front page and the center page of the magazine there were pictures from the stanley cup parade. It was awesome. I hope i get to win one now that im older and really understand how big it is to win a stanley cup. And most importantly, we get the games on TV over here now so i can watch it :-D

N.Y Rangers 4 ever.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
  #21
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,550
vCash: 500
It's always a melancholy feeling watching another team celebrate winning the Cup.Detroit had not won a Cup since 1955 before winning in 1997 and now they have 4 Cups since 1996-97.They won without Steve Yzerman and Brendan Shanahan.

Wonder how Brendan felt watching his old buddies hoisting the Cup for a 4th time.

The Rangers can't seem to get out of their own way

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 06:50 PM
  #22
Lady Vengeance
FTTW
 
Lady Vengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
I was 17 and the only person in my high school who even cared. Maybe the only person in the whole county who did - none of my friends were into hockey, and my parents and sister weren't into sports at all. I remember sitting in our basement by myself, watching the seconds tick away, and screaming so loud when the game was finally over my dad ran downstairs to check on me. When I told him the Rangers had won, he said, "Oh, that's nice, honey."

I was totally robbed of the full winning-the-Cup experience and the universe needs to make it up to me.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 08:17 PM
  #23
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Having just turned 4 I really dont remember it. My first sports memory was 96 World Series. I could not imagine how crazy the Garden would be for a Cup win.

Being at game 4s against the Debs, Pens, Thrashers and Sabres the last 2 years, the Garden was rocking, especially game 4 against the Debs.

I was at game 2 in Jersey when we got swept 05-06 and the atmosphere was like comparing a Long Island Ducks game to a Yanks game.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 08:29 PM
  #24
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
the only moment of the whole playoffs that i remember was Bure's penalty shot on Richter. I was shaking i was so nervous.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 08:29 PM
  #25
jmb9191
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki Tawdry View Post
I was 17 and the only person in my high school who even cared. Maybe the only person in the whole county who did - none of my friends were into hockey, and my parents and sister weren't into sports at all. I remember sitting in our basement by myself, watching the seconds tick away, and screaming so loud when the game was finally over my dad ran downstairs to check on me. When I told him the Rangers had won, he said, "Oh, that's nice, honey."

I was totally robbed of the full winning-the-Cup experience and the universe needs to make it up to me.
Your dad called you honey? Ha.


I just...want more. I just want to win a freaking championship already. Somewhere.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.