HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Idea with SJ.

Old
06-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Giant Moo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
Giant Moo, and I reading correctly? Do you think that us trading Torres and Greene for Cheechoo would be an overpayment for us?
Pretty much. His goal production is downward sloping into the pits. It's plausible he scores less than 20 next year.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 01:06 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0 View Post
His kid is here with him. He wanted to go out there originally due to the really good kids hospital out in Cali.. We however also have a top notch kids hospital here in edmonton. I am friends with his cousin, and she has never mentioned him wanting out.
I'm definately not suggesting that he might want out. Just that if we worked out a trade for him, then he might be more open to waiving the NTC to go to a team in California then he would to go to somewhere else.

06-06-2008, 01:24 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0 View Post
I would not argue that. Though moving a sick kid is something i think he doesn't want to do, that is why he asked for the no trade clause and the long contract.

I just don't see us flipping him a year after we sign him unless the other team was willing to heavily overpay for him too. It just wouldn't look good to other UFA's we are trying to sign in the future. Why sign a big long term contract with the Oil if they are just gonna get dealt the next year?
Again, I'm with you on him not being terribly interested in going anywhere. I also don't think the Oilers have any intention of trading him in the first place.

Though I don't think trading a player a year after signing him as a free agent really makes you look bad in the eyes of potential free agents if the ones you've traded had waived their NTCs to allow it to happen. I mean, it would be pretty obvious that they had a say in it, and it was something they wanted to do. And I'm not so sure it makes much of a difference anyway. It's happened a lot around the league since the lockout.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 01:38 PM
OF17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
Pretty much. His goal production is downward sloping into the pits. It's plausible he scores less than 20 next year.
Well, umm, I guess established 20 goal scorers in this league are worth peanuts? The guy is still 3-5 years away from his prime and in the past three seasons has a Rocket Richard-winning 56 goals, 37 goals, and 23 in an injury-plagued season. He has scored more goals in the past three seasons than Horcoff and Hemsky combined. And he isn't even worth Torres and Greene?

OF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Paralyzer
The Oilers Awaken

If Cheechoo comes to Edmonton, Calgary will be my favorite team. I seriously can't stand Cheechoo. Such a bad influence on the younger people and he has a cocky attitude to him....

NO FOR CHEECHOO

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Oilers 666 View Post
If Cheechoo comes to Edmonton, Calgary will be my favorite team. I seriously can't stand Cheechoo. Such a bad influence on the younger people and he has a cocky attitude to him....

NO FOR CHEECHOO

I don't know Cheechoo, but I know his uncle. His uncle is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. His uncle lives here and owns a local video store.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 08:13 AM
pilgrim

Send a message via AIM to pilgrim Send a message via Yahoo to pilgrim
I still say Cheecoo-Carle for Pitkanen-Schremp has merit.

pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 11:49 AM
KenLinsemanFanClub
Sorry State

vCash: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
Look out....here comes the BBO THUNDER!

06-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
No, it really doesn't. There's no way SJS would do that.

Someone is offline   Reply With Quote