HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buff-Van

Old
06-07-2008, 01:04 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

vCash: 500
Buff-Van

To Van:
Stafford, Max

To Buff:
Elder, 3rd or 4th

nEaLB4ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by daHoLeFnShoW View Post
To Van:
Stafford, Max

To Buff:
Elder, 3rd or 4th
Just stop right now with the proposals. Vancouver isn't going to trade Edler unless its an established 1st line player on a sweetheart deal. Max is worth a 2nd or 3rd and Stafford sure isn't worth Edler.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:17 PM
God
Free Citizen

Before anyone says "LOL CANUCKS FANS, THEY OVERRATE THEIR PROSPECTS", this is a proposal from a Buffalo fan.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:23 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
Just stop right now with the proposals. Vancouver isn't going to trade Edler unless its an established 1st line player on a sweetheart deal. Max is worth a 2nd or 3rd and Stafford sure isn't worth Edler.
I originally proposed Stafford, Max and a 2nd for Edler on the Van board and most of them said it was too much. I would give up Stafford and a 2nd. Is that something Van would do?

nEaLB4ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Better Call Saul

Canucks fans,

Is Bieksa on the block, by chance? Probably not.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:31 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Tallinder View Post
Canucks fans,

Can't trade him. No defensive depth because we don't have Bourdon anymore. Plus, we have Bieksa and Salo on the right side, and we know that Salo will miss at least 5 games because he always finds a way to be hurt every season.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
I originally proposed Stafford, Max and a 2nd for Edler on the Van board and most of them said it was too much. I would give up Stafford and a 2nd. Is that something Van would do?
If Vancouver was looking to trade a defenseman it would have to be either Edler or Bieksa due to NTC with the others. Of course after Boudon passed, there isn't the excess of before. Hypothetically, a Stafford and 2nd would pique their interest, whether it would get the job done is debateable.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Can't trade him. No defensive depth because we don't have Bourdon anymore. Plus, we have Bieksa and Salo on the right side, and we know that Salo will miss at least 5 games because he always finds a way to be hurt every season.
Thanks. I figured as much.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:38 PM
93xxGilmourxx93

Quote:
To Van:
Stafford, Max

To Buff:
Elder, 3rd or 4th
I know Mike Gillis is new, but there's no way he does that unless his goal is to have the shortest GM career in history

Stop trying to trade Stafford for exaggerated returns!

93xxGilmourxx93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 04:13 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93xxGilmourxx93 View Post
I know Mike Gillis is new, but there's no way he does that unless his goal is to have the shortest GM career in history

Stop trying to trade Stafford for exaggerated returns!
Yeah Stafford is a bum.I mean, his rookie season he was only on pace for 54 points playing 3rd line minutes and this season in a terrible year still put up a pace that was good for nearly 50 points.Stafford isn't garbage,and Edler isn't some super stud yet.What has Edler done to be "untouchable" and what has Stafford done to be garbage?

TVanek26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Thingamajig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVanek26 View Post
Yeah Stafford is a bum.I mean, his rookie season he was only on pace for 54 points playing 3rd line minutes and this season in a terrible year still put up a pace that was good for nearly 50 points.Stafford isn't garbage,and Edler isn't some super stud yet.What has Edler done to be "untouchable" and what has Stafford done to be garbage?
lol i know eh!...go read my comment on the Vancouver board about this proposal

Thingamajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Reign Nateo

Decent offer for sure, but given his torrid development over the passed 3 seasons the Canucks would be taking too big of a risk to trade Edler for anything other than a gross overpayment at this point. Decent proposal, but I think the Canucks would pass at least untill Edler came back down to earth.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 05:11 PM
evgeni71

Of all our defensemen, Edler is probably the most untouchable at this moment.

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 06:32 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForever View Post
Of all our defensemen, Edler is probably the most untouchable at this moment.
Especially after the most recent tragic events.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Canucks5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Tallinder View Post
Canucks fans,

I would have been very willing to trade him before Bourdon died. Now, we'll need to keep our defensive depth.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 07:07 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
every vancouver defenceman just got much more expensive by trade with the loss of bourdon. I fully expected either bourdon, bieksa, or edler to get traded this summer, now i dont think any will unless its for the perfect linemate for the sedins.

06-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Canucks5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
every vancouver defenceman just got much more expensive by trade with the loss of bourdon. I fully expected either bourdon, bieksa, or edler to get traded this summer, now i dont think any will unless its for the perfect linemate for the sedins.
I could still see us trading one if we either draft a defenceman in the first round or pick one up in free agency.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 12:00 AM
clumping platelets

Vancouver can have Ipullmygroinov..................please take him.

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 07:29 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Before anyone says "LOL CANUCKS FANS, THEY OVERRATE THEIR PROSPECTS", this is a proposal from a Buffalo fan.
The OP is a Sabres fan? I've never heard of him except in the Trade Rumors section.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 11:51 AM
93xxGilmourxx93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVanek26 View Post
Funny, I don't recall using the words 'garbage', 'bum', or 'untouchable' in my post at all.....but if you want to put words in my mouth, go for it

Stafford's got top-6 potential for sure, and you can talk about his 'pace' all you'd like, but fact remains that he put up 27 points in his first year while splitting time between the NHL & AHL, and he had 38 points last year. Not overly impressive. A bum, no, but I'm not nearly as impressed with his 65 points in 2 years as you are.

Is Edler untouchable? No, no one is if the right offer comes along - but he's shown flashes of greatness and I just can't see Vancouver moving him for a potential 2nd line winger. Just my opinion.

93xxGilmourxx93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:09 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

Despite Luc's passing, I would STILL be in favour of trading Kevin Bieksa, especially for a favourable return. This is largely due to the fact that it is a defense-rich Free Agent market, and you could replace a top-4 defenseman withn a lot more ease than you could find a top-6 forward. You could go after someone like Ron Hainsey, Brad Stuart or John-Michael Liles, or augment it with the signing of two lesser-lites, like Brooks Orpik and Mike Commodore. It's unforunate for a team with such defensive depth that D is in abundance in the market, as I'm sure Gillis would LOVE to throw $$ at a proven top-6.

It's a tough sell if you're looking to deal with Buffalo, though. The only two players I want off of that club right now are Derek Roy and Jason Pomminville, and I get the distinct feeling that they're is no rush to trade either. Essentially, the Canucks would have to blow them out of the water with a proposal, and they simply don't have the depth to do that.

Perhaps something of a little lesser impact would be reasonable; a guy with top-4 potential, and a powerplay pedigree, LUKAS KRAJICEK, for a forward who is emerging as a serious top-9 threat, like CLARKE MACARTHUR or DANIEL PAILLE.

Not sure Vancouver and Buffalo make great dance partners at this point though, as Buffalo have no true impact top-6 forwards that they would be willing to part with.

SonicY is offline   Reply With Quote