HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosby's agent whining about lack of attention for Sid

Old
06-08-2008, 09:36 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacity View Post
If he was on the Habs right now, no comments would be made and you know it.
No, there would be comments made. No, I didn't voice my opinion on here about how sick I was of hearing only about Carey Price in the Boston series. But, I was. I don't like when one player gets all the attention and that's even with how much I love Carey Price as a player and a person. Put Crosby in a Habs jersey, I'll hate the guy, I always will, I'll be sick of hearing all about him but I'll have to cheer for him as a Montreal Canadiens, but that's about as far as it will go.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 09:46 PM
octopi

yeah, well its The National Hockey League, not the National Crosby League. God forbid someone else gets attention.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Audacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No, there would be comments made. No, I didn't voice my opinion on here about how sick I was of hearing only about Carey Price in the Boston series. But, I was. I don't like when one player gets all the attention and that's even with how much I love Carey Price as a player and a person. Put Crosby in a Habs jersey, I'll hate the guy, I always will, I'll be sick of hearing all about him but I'll have to cheer for him as a Montreal Canadiens, but that's about as far as it will go.
That's a terrible philosophy. Hating a player who gets attention? Crosby earns most/all of the attention because he is Sidney Crosby. Don't fault him that he is constantly talked about and used as the league's poster boy; he's just damn good at hockey and gets attention because of it. It's not like he ASKS for all of the attention. The attention is probably nerve-wracking enough, but why would you care? You hate him.

Otherwise, everyone else would cream their pants if Crosby was a Hab and you know it. Instead, he is constantly berated as the anti-hero to Alexander the Great.

Audacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Audacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
yeah, well its The National Hockey League, not the National Crosby League. God forbid someone else gets attention.
And you just won the Stanley Cup, so don't start crying for another few months.

Old
06-08-2008, 09:51 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I don't see why anyone is suprised. This is clearly a reaction to the Gary Roberts love-in that was the Stanley Cup finals.

Should his agent be whining? Sure. It's his job to get Crosby the most exposure and money possible. The agent whining != Crosby whining.

Anyway, I thought the CBC coverage was terrible. The Roberts crap was absurd. I wouldn't say Crosby is the one who lost airtime though. If anyone should be complaining its the agents of Nik Lidstrom, Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk.
That says it all.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 09:52 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
That's a terrible philosophy. Hating a player who gets attention? Crosby earns most/all of the attention because he is Sidney Crosby. Don't fault him that he is constantly talked about and used as the league's poster boy; he's just damn good at hockey and gets attention because of it. It's not like he ASKS for all of the attention.

Otherwise, everyone else would cream their pants if Crosby was a Hab and you know it. Instead, he is constantly berated as the anti-hero to Alexander the Great.
I do hate the attention he receives. But I hate him (and his family) for personal reasons that I have time and time again said that I will not delve into on this board or divulge information to anyone outside of my immediate family.

How is it wrong to be sickened by them overreacting to one player making a routine play? I have no problem with them praising Crosby if he makes an amazing skilled play. However if he's just making a routine pass to Malkin on the point who drills it home, that's no different than Aaron ****ing Downey for christ-sakes.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I swear they mentioned him every minute during the game. They seem to find any excuse.

"Malkin is on a breakaway...Crosby is watching him from the bench...and he scores!"

"We're here in the Red Wings dressing room, I'm sure Crosby is getting ready in his too"

"Here comes a great series between the Flames and the Sharks, I'm sure even Sidney Crosby is watching this at home"
i remember one time i think game 5 crosby was on the bench and they kept going on and on about how hes "a competitor" because he tries when he plays hockey

don would kiss crosbys ass all the time too, showing the beating he takes

crosbys agent is a hussy

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
We need more media coverage of Crosby like we need anal hemorrhoids.

We don't.

Karl with a C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Zine

Quote:
That's a terrible philosophy. Hating a player who gets attention? Crosby earns most/all of the attention because he is Sidney Crosby. Don't fault him that he is constantly talked about and used as the league's poster boy; he's just damn good at hockey and gets attention because of it. It's not like he ASKS for all of the attention.

Yes, Crosby is good; but he isn't THAT good to where he deserves to be front and center of every NHL broadcast. He is NOT Gretzky, Lemieux or Orr, however, he's being marketed as such.......often to the exclusion of players who are just as good as he is (see Lidstrom in the SC finals).

Of course it isn't his fault, however, you can't blame people for such a backlash either.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 10:03 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

LMAO at this Crosby-hating circle-jerk!

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Ogopogo*

Player agents are on par with defense attorneys. They are typically self-serving scum that make the world a shi**ier place.

Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
newyorkrangers11

this is exactly the reason people love Ovechkin so much more than Sydney. Like I read earlier, it IS beyond obnoxious. Ovechkin is a class act and such a personable guy (also quite repulsive ) However my 15 year old cousin grew more facial hair then Crosby did the whole entire damn playoffs. Say what you want about us belly aching, but then look at crosby.. then try calling us belly achers again. Sydney is slowly becoming more and more hated.

newyorkrangers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Audacity

Quote:
I do hate the attention he receives. But I hate him (and his family) for personal reasons that I have time and time again said that I will not delve into on this board or divulge information to anyone outside of my immediate family.

How is it wrong to be sickened by them overreacting to one player making a routine play? I have no problem with them praising Crosby if he makes an amazing skilled play. However if he's just making a routine pass to Malkin on the point who drills it home, that's no different than Aaron ****ing Downey for christ-sakes.
Okay, thanks for clarifying.

See, not everyone explains themselves like you did, and they make these incredibly rash statements about certain players when they would stop dead in their tracks if said player was on their preferred team. Anyway, just being a devil's advocate of sorts. ***** about Crosby's agent, not Crosby...that's all.

Old
06-08-2008, 10:12 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

perhaps crosbys agent should replay nbc's coverage of the ice bowl, just to cheer him up. I am horrified.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Audacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Yes, Crosby is good; but he isn't THAT good to where he deserves to be front and center of every NHL broadcast. He is NOT Gretzky, Lemieux or Orr, however, he's being marketed as such.......often to the exclusion of players who are just as good as he is (see Lidstrom in the SC finals).

Of course it isn't his fault, however, you can't blame people for such a backlash either.
True statement, but what else is ESPN and NBC going to use to market the NHL? Like it or not, the die-hard hockey fans will have to hear about Crosby for the next 20 years unless he slumps for the rest of his career or suffers a career-ending injury.

Old
06-08-2008, 10:18 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! this is the kind of stupid stuff which makes me hate Crosby and the fact that he is the face (or supposed to be) of the NHL. put someone up front who isn't going to whine nor will his agents.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Audacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! this is the kind of stupid stuff which makes me hate Crosby and the fact that he is the face (or supposed to be) of the NHL. put someone up front who isn't going to whine nor will his agents.
See what I mean?

Old
06-08-2008, 10:20 PM
ktownhockey

Quote:
How is Crosby the most marketable player in the NHL? It must be Canadian bias because Ovechkin is more exciting, is the better goal scorer, has the better personality and has overall more likability than Crosby. So the only coherent reason (even though the reasoning itself is incoherent) I can come up with is it's just because Crosby is North American and Ovechkin is Russian.
your posts are hilarious... can we hate crosby any more? bias is one thing, but degrading the best player in the world because he doesn't double everyone in points... its not his fault that the media says his name all the time...

not trying to get mad at you I know this is a crosby hate thread but he is an absurd player to watch .... Ovechkin is unreal.. Sid is just better at using his teammates which in turn makes you win more... IMO..

ktownhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

It is very ironic as everyone on HF complains about how Crosby "whines" yet they don't see how much they're whining about Crosby all day on this forum.

Most are older than Crosby yet they're the one that are doing all the whining.

One more thing: IT IS NOT CROSBY'S FAULT FOR THE ATTENTION HE GETS!!!!! Because a lot of people hate him for that which, to make, makes them look silly since they're capable of more than that.

Seriously, when Ovechkin was leading in scoring, no one got tired of the attention he got.....Why? Because everyone likes him for some weird reason like Personality?

They talked about Ovechkin on every networ and HF members got so excited as if they had just won a lottery.

Why is that when two players get attention and one is loved and the other is SO much hated?

People talk about how everyone loves Crosby and how overrated he is but this board is a prime example at the hatred towards a young, talented kid this league has seen since a lot of years, along with Ovechkin and Malkin.

Has there a NHL player that hated in the history of the league by the fans? [and for really no reason]

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post

You're acting like a little kid right now. I don't know how old you are but the fact that you hate Crosby on how much attention he gets is just ridiculous.

Old
06-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Players like Ovechkin do get as much attention as Crosby but when Ovy or another player gets it, they're not hated for that.

When Ovechkin was on a tear, the board was filled with how awesome he is. All the front page was with his threads.

Now, based on this board, Crosby rarely gets any attention. He's hated as much as Chris Pronger.....

Now, on TV, it is a different story but they like a story that 20 yr old captain is in the Stanley Cup Finals.

I'm 200% sure that if it was Ovechkin [Just using him as an example], he would get same kind of treatment.

Old
06-08-2008, 10:28 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
True statement, but what else is ESPN and NBC going to use to market the NHL? Like it or not, the die-hard hockey fans will have to hear about Crosby for the next 20 years unless he slumps for the rest of his career or suffers a career-ending injury.

Would not it make sense to cast your net wider? THe NHL has got tons of talent --Ovechkin, Malkin, Lecavalier, Thornton. Or is Crosby the only one who appears "American" enough?

Honestly, I think the whole idea of winning the American audience is a losing cause. There is no way hockey will ever displace one of the big American sports. If anything, soccer will do it sooner...

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 10:31 PM
newyorkrangers11

Why don't you market the NHL with talks about Ovechkin instead. Make him the face of the NHL. Or maybe market the NHL with big teams with great histories like Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, the Rangers. Market the NHL with the big hitters, and spectacular goalies. Goal Scorers, which Crosby isnt as much as others. Market it with fights which Sydney haha could never do. In the finals i remember sydney getting hit hard for maybe the 3rd time in his short career. It is like his body went into shock. Although hit hard, it wasnt hard enough for him to get shaken up with. Malone got hit in the ****** face with a slapshot and came back. Crosby would be out for 3 months.

newyorkrangers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Audacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Would not it make sense to cast your net wider? THe NHL has got tons of talent --Ovechkin, Malkin, Lecavalier, Thornton. Or is Crosby the only one who appears "American" enough?

Honestly, I think the whole idea of winning the American audience is a losing cause. There is no way hockey will ever displace one of the big American sports. If anything, soccer will do it sooner...
Evidently, ESPN didn't want to cast their net wider when it was Lecavalier and Thornton a few years back, pre-lockout, given that they passed on the NHL license.

That also adds to the point; the post-lockout NHL started with Crosby. He was the initial poster-boy, and now they are starting to cast it wider; the isocams with Ovechkin, Malkin, etc. Do you really think a ton of Americans knew Alexander Ovechkin would be a superstar and a face of the NHL? Didn't think so. He is now, though.

You may think it's a losing cause, and ultimately it might, but did you see the viewer ratings for game five? I deal in facts, son.

Old
06-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Audacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkrangers11 View Post
Why don't you market the NHL with talks about Ovechkin instead. Make him the face of the NHL. Or maybe market the NHL with big teams with great histories like Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, the Rangers. Market the NHL with the big hitters, and spectacular goalies. Goal Scorers, which Crosby isnt as much as others. Market it with fights which Sydney haha could never do. In the finals i remember sydney getting hit hard for maybe the 3rd time in his short career. It is like his body went into shock. Although hit hard, it wasnt hard enough for him to get shaken up with. Malone got hit in the ****** face with a slapshot and came back. Crosby would be out for 3 months.

Last edited by Audacity: 06-08-2008 at 10:42 PM.