HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Can Toronto trade up?

Old
06-06-2008, 07:50 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

vCash: 500
Can Toronto trade up?

Would any teams be willing to their pick for TOR's 7th+?

Maybe something like 6th for 7th + a 3rd rd pick? Or something like 5th for 7th + a prospect? Any interest?

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Saved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
Would any teams be willing to their pick for TOR's 7th+?

Maybe something like 6th for 7th + a 3rd rd pick? Or something like 5th for 7th + a prospect? Any interest?
What team would actually agree to a 6th round pick for a 7th and a 3rd. I'm positive you cannot find two teams willing to do it.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 09:33 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extradited View Post
What team would actually agree to a 6th round pick for a 7th and a 3rd. I'm positive you cannot find two teams willing to do it.
actualy what i meant was 6th overall for 7th overall + a 3rd rounder

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Christ

I really don't know if trading up one place is really helping the Leafs that much. Maybe a couple of places up sure but only if we are sold on one of the other prospects. After the top 5 picks, it looks quite murky for me as to which prospects are going to be chosen in what order...it could very well be that the player the Leafs want falls to them.

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

TB - No, they want Stamkos

LA - If it was in there best interest, and one of the 4 big D was left on the board, they might be willing to entertain offers (not for a 3rd rounder though).

ATL - Seriously couldn't say, if Toronto added pieces that might make Atlanta a better team now, and the future, the might move down a couple spots.

STL - don't know much about their situation, assuming similar to CLB?

NYI - Doubt they move down, as they are in a very similar situation to Toronto

CLB - They want to make playoffs, so if Toronto could offer something that might get them closer to that goal, they might swap picks.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 10:09 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

What would motivate Toronto (or any team, for that matter) to give up assets to move up one spot? If Cbus is set on who they want, why should they trade the pick to Toronto unless they're confident that Tor doesn't want to take that player. And if that's the case, what benefit does Tor get from moving up one spot when they're confident Cbus won't be taking their guy anyways? I mean, sure, one GM or the other could use a bit of deception, but there's got to be some professionalism involved. In my mind trading up is about jumping over someone, not just swapping spots (unless it's a case of "pay us not to take your guy").

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Leafsman

There is a video of an interview on the Leaf website with Cliff fletcher and he stated that there are

http://www.mapleleafs.com

2 teams wondering if we wold trade down
1 team wondering if we would trade up

Who do you think is the team that would be willing to trade down and what do they want?

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Street Hawk

Projections...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
TB - No, they want Stamkos

LA - If it was in there best interest, and one of the 4 big D was left on the board, they might be willing to entertain offers (not for a 3rd rounder though).

ATL - Seriously couldn't say, if Toronto added pieces that might make Atlanta a better team now, and the future, the might move down a couple spots.

STL - don't know much about their situation, assuming similar to CLB?

NYI - Doubt they move down, as they are in a very similar situation to Toronto

CLB - They want to make playoffs, so if Toronto could offer something that might get them closer to that goal, they might swap picks.
We know TB is taking Stamkos.

Filatov is the wildcard here. He's got tonnes of talent, but a team would have to know for sure they can bring him over.

LA, always take the BPA, so to me, it's either Doughty or Bogosian. Unless LA is extremely high on Filatov, I don't think they should pass on one of these 2 blueliners who can anchor a top pairing for the Kings, if they hit their full potential.

Atlanta, BPA and needs would indicate they need Defense and this is the draft for Defense.

St. Louis, either be Filatov or a dman like Schenn or Pieterangelo.

NYI - same as the Blues

CBS - Leftover or unless Filatov begins a major drop, could be the likes of Myers, Hodgson, Boedker.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
They'd have no way of knowing who would be available at 7th though, that's the kicker. Of course if LA is planning on going way off the board with their pick like they did last draft, then I'm sure they'd be a lot more willing to trade down. Lombardi tried to last season but didn't find any takers.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 11:49 AM
flyguy1234*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsman View Post
There is a video of an interview on the Leaf website with Cliff fletcher and he stated that there are

http://www.mapleleafs.com

2 teams wondering if we wold trade down
1 team wondering if we would trade up

Who do you think is the team that would be willing to trade down and what do they want?
It's probably the Islanders or Columbus. CBJ wants to get to the playoffs immediately, and NYI wants to spend as much of its available cash as possible. It would be a bad move for either team, seeing as the only valuable asset Toronto could reasonably trade would be Kaberle. Maybe McCabe to the Isles or something along those lines. Now THAT would be a helluva deal for Toronto...I'd be willing to bet the Islanders are looking to move down.

flyguy1234* is offline   Reply With Quote