HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey advice for little guys!

Old
06-07-2008, 10:08 AM
redman

vCash: 500
Hockey advice for little guys!

My six year old son started playing ice hockey this past year, and absoultly loves it. We use to have to drag him to other sports, but with hockey he completely fell in love with it the first time he got on the ice, and all he wants to do is play hockey!

Growing up in NE Philly I only played street / roller hockey and can't really help him out much on the ice as I am now just learning to skate!

We now live in Maryland, and the ice rink he plays at has stick and puck nights that we attend. Can anybody recommend a good child friendly video hockey program that we can watch and incorporate the workouts into the stick and puck nights?

Also, can anybody recommend a good hockey camp for kids in the Philly area?

redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by redman View Post
My six year old son started playing ice hockey this past year, and absoultly loves it. We use to have to drag him to other sports, but with hockey he completely fell in love with it the first time he got on the ice, and all he wants to do is play hockey!

Growing up in NE Philly I only played street / roller hockey and can't really help him out much on the ice as I am now just learning to skate!

We now live in Maryland, and the ice rink he plays at has stick and puck nights that we attend. Can anybody recommend a good child friendly video hockey program that we can watch and incorporate the workouts into the stick and puck nights?

Also, can anybody recommend a good hockey camp for kids in the Philly area?
Well, if you want a lot of drills to use, you can go to my site.
http://www.passthepuck.net and sign up as a member.

What I would do them is send you guys a monthly newsletter with all sorts of stuff; new drills, coaching tips, strength and condition tips with pictures, dry land videos, power skating videos, plus, new things that might interest you as a parent.

Also, if you would like. You can click on my name: Headcoach and search for all of the posting that I have posted on this site. They generally have coaching tips. Or, you can go here to see other coaching tips that I have posted for an international forum: http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...splay.php?f=67

Plus, as a member, you can email me any time if you have question. Or you can just post it here on this site. There are a lot of good coaches that have great ideas on how to improve both your games on this site.

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 05:22 PM
MikeD

USA Hockey puts out a pretty decent skills and drills video.

http://www.usahockeyskillsanddrills....out/index.html

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:43 AM
4Hockey4

The NHL Network has some fun academy shows....is your son playing in the CBHL ?? My 7 YO will be up there playing VA and MD teams for Squirt league.....

Not sure about Philly, but I would rec. either Ashburn or Reston for ANY camps.....

Great to hear....both of my sons no nothing but hockey (good or bad) and my wife thinks are kids were swamped and our lil soccer kids are stuck in Toronto playing soccer on the frozen tundra !!

4Hockey4 is offline   Reply With Quote