HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

DRAFT: I want a chris neil

Old
06-07-2008, 10:58 AM
danishh

vCash: 50
DRAFT: I want a chris neil

There has been a lot of focus on the top end of the draft, but as we get closer to it, i'm getting more and more interested in the bottom end.

Can anyone suggest players available in the 4th round onwards who project to be chris neil type players? I'm talking about agitators who can play a regular shift on the third line and fight. Not necessarily looking for someone who can score too (a la sean avery), but not being a defensive liability would be nice.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Louis Houde

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
There has been a lot of focus on the top end of the draft, but as we get closer to it, i'm getting more and more interested in the bottom end.

Can anyone suggest players available in the 4th round onwards who project to be chris neil type players? I'm talking about agitators who can play a regular shift on the third line and fight. Not necessarily looking for someone who can score too (a la sean avery), but not being a defensive liability would be nice.
Patrice Cormier
Ian Schultz
Danick Paquette
Travis Stacey
Tommy Tremblay
Ashton Bernard

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 12:39 PM
mckly
go leafs go

whats the deal with cormier? please tell me more about him

mckly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:01 PM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Cormier is talented all-around player who has struggled to consistently produce. Last year, some had him in the 10 or so players in the draft but his development has not taken the neccessary leaps this year.

Known for being a feisty player, however, the effort is not always there and he can look very invisible on thie ice at times, while at other times he can be a dominant player.

TruthDeliveryVehicle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 01:27 PM
VanNistelrooy

Danick Hudon-Paquette is the player who seems the more like Chris Neil.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Danick Hudon-Paquette is the player who seems the more like Chris Neil.
Where does he project to go in the draft? LA could use this type of player and would taking him with one of their 3rd round picks be picking him too high?

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 06:22 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Where does he project to go in the draft? LA could use this type of player and would taking him with one of their 3rd round picks be picking him too high?
Probably late second at the earliest-3rd round. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops to the 4th-5th. I have heard he had a good Combine. Depends on who you talk to...you will get different answers.

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 06:58 PM
danishh

vCash: 50
i like paquette, but i have allways expected him to go in the second, or at least before the sens third round pick. The sens cant spend the 42nd on him, so i dont see him being avaliable for ottawa. Ditto for cormier, with less of the 'i like'.

schultz could go earlier than 79 (or will it be 80, i dont know how many extra picks have been awarded), but its more likely he will slide than either of the two above due to his more limited offensive production.

stacey is good (i've seen him play). He needs to improve in the offensive department a bit, but i think he could develop well with another two years in gatineau. Wouldnt mind if the sens picked him up in the sixth or seventh, but not any higher.

i dont think i've seen tremblay play, but by the stats he seems to be the type of guy i'm looking for. Dont think he's really on the radar by scouts either, so he could probably be picked up in the seventh round.

Ashton bernard is another player i havn't seen directly, except for a clip of one of his fights. He's a great fighter, but, again by the stats, doesnt seem adept at anything else. On the other hand, he only played 52 games and was a first round draft pick, so there must be room for improvement. I would like more information about him if anyone has some.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 03:01 AM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Cormier is feisty, but a Chris Neil type?????? No freakin way. And any team that takes Paquette in the top 3 rounds is gonna be sorry.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote