HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Who is available for trade?

Old
05-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Who is available for trade?

In your opinion, for your favorite team, who is available in the trade market?

For my Sharks, I believe if Brian Campbell re-signs, Matt Carle is available. Kyle McLaren and Marcel Goc are definitely going to be moved in the off-season, imo. Sharks probably would just want picks for them.

So who else is on the chopping block?

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 02:33 AM
God
Free Citizen

Everybody on the Canucks except for Luongo, Kesler, and Burrows (isn't it ****ing sad that I have to include third line checking players as untouchables?)

edit: If you want one of our defensemen, remember that Mitchell, Salo, and Ohlund have NTCs and they most likely will not waive them. Seriously. They don't care if we're bottom feeders. And we're only trading defensemen for top 6 offensive players, most likely gritty big guys since that's what Gillis wants. So, no quantity packages.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 02:45 AM
Transported Upstater

Toronto doesn't really have any truly "untouchable" assets. I find that label massively overrused, and it's only really valid either for guys like Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Phaneuf, etc. or guys like Brodeur and Sakic (I think Sakic's a UFA, but the point stands) who just simply would never, ever be moved in reality from their present teams.

However, there are players that due to contract reasons will not be traded during the off-season (McCabe, Kaberle) and players who are extremely unlikely to be traded (Toskala.) There's also Sundin, who will either retire or play one more year in Toronto; like Sakic in Colorado, Sundin simply ain't playing anywhere else.

Likely to move? Kubina's as good as gone at the draft, IMO; look for him to go for picks/prospects. I can also see Ponikarovsky moving.

Last edited by Transported Upstater: 05-06-2008 at 02:53 AM.
Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Schneuf

I could defintly see Kaberle being moved in the off season as his no trade clause is no longer in affect as the leafs did not make playoffs. He would be a huge salary dump and leafs could possibly move up in draft or get next years 1st rounder from a low balling team.....TB? CHI?

Schneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:41 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpin View Post
I could defintly see Kaberle being moved in the off season as his no trade clause is no longer in affect as the leafs did not make playoffs. He would be a huge salary dump and leafs could possibly move up in draft or get next years 1st rounder from a low balling team.....TB? CHI?
Tampa wont trade the first next year, or if Feaster did he would lose his job, especially as its position is dependant upon the offseason, as in bargain signings lottery pick, good signings playoff team or near to so higher pick.

Anyway we don't need any more defenders, forwards are what we lack, 2 top six forwards to be precise.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:44 AM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
Toronto doesn't really have any truly "untouchable" assets.
Unless you mean like the caste.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:35 AM
SkullSplitter

Darryl Sydor on the Pens could probably be had for a pick. Especially if they work out a deal with Orpik before free agency starts.

As much as people try to deny it, Whitney could probably be had for the right price.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:40 AM
mercury

The Flyers have RFAs, not really trade assets. But I could see R.J. Umberger's and/or Randy Jones's rights being dealt. Knuble will finish out his contract here. Kapanen has a NTC for some reason. Upshall is an outside possibility.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Mue

No one is untouchable, that being said, the players I think will be actively shopped on the Habs include:

M. Dandenault
J. Halak (I think a veteran back-up for Price would be best).

Some will probably disagree about Halak, but that is my opinion.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:51 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
No one is untouchable, that being said, the players I think will be actively shopped on the Habs include:

M. Dandenault
J. Halak (I think a veteran back-up for Price would be best).

Some will probably disagree about Halak, but that is my opinion.
Anyone want to offer the Panthers a late round pick for Stumpel or Peltonen? Id add Kilger as well, but no team is going to take a chance with him.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 11:35 AM
ESY16

Send a message via MSN to ESY16
With the Avalanche organization, who knows what they are thinking? Clark and Arnason seem to be the most popular names in trade talk when it comes to the Avs (with some debate about Clark). Stastny is the only person that I would view as 'untouchable'. Smyth has a NMC while Hejduk and Hannan have NTCs so they are unlikely to be dealt.

ESY16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 11:39 AM
dubey
Outrage Hobbyist

Quote:
I could defintly see Kaberle being moved in the off season as his no trade clause is no longer in affect
Wrong, if we miss the playoffs next year it's not in effect.

Those NHLcap sites aren't accurate.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:14 PM
JTG

Quote:
The return for Kaberle would be huge too. The only thing is that he is relatively young, and can be around for the rebuilding effort, yet if you trade him, you will get high end prospects and picks in return. Depends how you want to rebuild a team.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectraljulian View Post
Darryl Sydor on the Pens could probably be had for a pick. Especially if they work out a deal with Orpik before free agency starts.

As much as people try to deny it, Whitney could probably be had for the right price.
For a price that I don't think many teams are willing to pay right about now. The Pens are better off holding onto him untill his stock rises a bit more.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Schneuf

I personally as a leafs fan would like to see kaberle go and see some good prospects and picks come back to TO

Schneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I don't see the Habs trading anybody, at least not as a clear priority at this stage. First they'll look to address any holes created by free agent departures (Streit, Ryder, Smolinski, Brisebois) on the UFA market, then see where things stand after the dust has settled around July 3rd.

I don't doubt they'd be inclined to move Mathieu Dandenault if they could, but I doubt there's much of a market there.

Otherwise, it's all systems go with the default develop-from-within program.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:30 PM
SkullSplitter

You're probably right about Whitney, but it all depends on what happens this offseason. If they spend to the cap, they'll need to trade him next year and his value will probably be higher. Unless they sign a few more guys to one year deals, which in my opinion wouldn't be a bad decision.

Trading Sydor would be nice, but he's coming off the books next year anyways, so if the Pens trade him, they should probably replace him with someone who will come off the books next year.

Old
05-06-2008, 12:41 PM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
The return for Kaberle would be huge too. The only thing is that he is relatively young, and can be around for the rebuilding effort, yet if you trade him, you will get high end prospects and picks in return. Depends how you want to rebuild a team.
Kaberle's value is highest now... in a year, he's older and one year is gone from his nice contract.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:50 PM
ajsonor

From Buffalo, I could see Max Afinogenov, Al Kotalik, Tim Connolly all being available.

ajsonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
I think Chicago could make some noise next year, and if they don't make the playoffs, they'll be the team thats playing for them into the final weekend. Your best bet at getting a "low balling team's" pick is to hold onto your own

As far as Kaberle, I've heard some talk of shipping him to Calgary for Regehr. Fills a need for both teams. Regehr is a monster shutdown guy, which the Leafs have none of. Kaberle makes one of the nicest breakout passes in the game, which the Flames have none of (please don't say something about Phaneuf here Flames fans. He is a puck rusher, not mover.) I suppose the Flames might have to add a 2nd rder to even things out, but it seems like a good deal for both teams (unless TO is blowing it up and going full-fledged rebuild).

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:02 PM
SkullSplitter

Chicagos going to go to the SCF next year. It will be 1992 all over again (this year is 1991 all over again)

Old
05-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Phillipe Boucher will probably be shopped in the off-season.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:14 PM
backs4mvp

Eminger(will get a QO), Jurcina(Signed for 1 more year) for the caps.

Possibly Fleischmann, who's signed to an extremely cap friendly contract for the next two years, at 725k.

backs4mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:22 PM
X0ssbar

I definitely see Columbus active on the trade market. They have money to spend and assets to deal.

Guys unlikely to move anywhere are Nash, Leclaire, Mason and Voracek. I also think Brassard is unlikely given he is our only true young centermen in the system.

I think everything else, including the 6th overall and 19th overall, will be in play for the right player(s) in return.

Columbus is definitely in "win now" mode.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
bleedgreen

anyone short of staal and maybe williams could go for the canes. i think gleason is reasonably safe as is ruutu and eaves, but i wouldnt say they are untouchable. common opinion is the most likely to go are some of the excess vet forwards we have. obviously cole tops the list as he likely has the most value and no ntc, but i also think if they could move one/both of walker and whitney they would. rutherford publicly said he wants to revamp the d, and would more likely use one or two forwards in a trade to do it as they dont have the budget to do it through ufa. should be an interesting off season for them.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote