Old
06-23-2009, 04:05 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Florian Busch Banned From Germany Till 2011

Chose girlfriend over doping test

I can't say I blame him for that one.

Question though, as I'm curious about this: Busch was supposedly in negotiations with the Nashville Predators around this time last year. Is there any chance that still goes down now that he can't play for Eisbaren Berlin for two years?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 05:02 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I can't say I blame him for that one.
well, it was stupid. but the hockey player got never an instruction about anything related to those tests. and they got not support by german hockey federation. that's the reason why sascha goc for example retired from national team.

Quote:
Question though, as I'm curious about this: Busch was supposedly in negotiations with the Nashville Predators around this time last year. Is there any chance that still goes down now that he can't play for Eisbaren Berlin for two years?
usually the NHL honors IIHF stuff, but here i doubt it would affect AHL/NHL. so busch should really try to play in NA. i think he could become a NHLer. and he has two seasons to achieve that goal. i hope it's possible.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
Wow this seems a little ridiculous to me. To suspend him nearly a year and a half after the incident makes it sound like there was something else going on there... He'd might as well take a shot with an NHL club during his suspension, combined with that it sounds like German hockey is in such disarray right now anyway.

(I sure hope his girlfriend was a keeper like Mariusz Czerkawski's or else that just makes it that much worse!!)

Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Sanderson

As of right now Busch could still play in the DEL. The suspension only counts for international play so far. To make it count in Germany, the WADA would have to go to a German court and demand that the suspension has to be uphold. So far they haven't done that.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Sanderson

And so it continues...

Busch went to the highest Swiss-court. The court demands a statement from WADA and CAS till August 31st. Until then, the suspension is not active, which means that Busch can register with the DEL for next season.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote