HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

DEL talk 08/09

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2008, 04:54 PM
zecke26

vCash: 500
it's possible to watch 3-4min highlights of every huskies home game. i wonder if similar services are offered by other teams/newspapers? does anyone know?

Old
09-08-2008, 07:32 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Porkka View Post
Unfortunately, Premiere on demand still works only with a German or Austrian IP.
Them dirty ********!!

Old
09-09-2008, 06:58 AM
SchwenningerWildWing

Send a message via ICQ to SchwenningerWildWing
Zecke, did you see some highlights from the first 2 Huskies games? How did Auger look? I saw on the scoresheet that he had a 3 point night in Hamburg? I thought he would have a hard time handling DEL speed but the start looks promising,or?

Old
09-09-2008, 07:54 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwenningerWildWing View Post
Zecke, did you see some highlights from the first 2 Huskies games? How did Auger look? I saw on the scoresheet that he had a 3 point night in Hamburg? I thought he would have a hard time handling DEL speed but the start looks promising,or?
i was pretty sceptical too, but he did look pretty good. his skating is not that good, but he handled the defensive part well and is a force on PP. but the huskies were unreal. they play gritty and as a team. no one really expected that. mike pellegrims looks like he's suddenly 15 years younger.
manual klinge is a leader on the ice, forcing his teammates to give more and more.
i doubt they can keep up that pace on the ice, but they seem to be better than most expected.

Old
09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
SchwenningerWildWing

Send a message via ICQ to SchwenningerWildWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i was pretty sceptical too, but he did look pretty good. his skating is not that good, but he handled the defensive part well and is a force on PP. but the huskies were unreal. they play gritty and as a team. no one really expected that. mike pellegrims looks like he's suddenly 15 years younger.
manual klinge is a leader on the ice, forcing his teammates to give more and more.
i doubt they can keep up that pace on the ice, but they seem to be better than most expected.
There were times last year in Schwenningen were I thought he even can't handle 2nd division speed anymore. During last years pre-season he was also overweighted. Sounds like he worked-out well in the summer. Good for him, he is a really nice guy

Old
09-14-2008, 11:55 AM
FAL

Berlin is utterly destroying Augsburg 11:0. What a first game in their new O2-Arena, wow.

Cologne just can't get going. Don't know if they really play against Mason who apparently keeps his job, but 1:5 at home against Kassel?? Not to disrespect the Huskies in any way, but for Cologne's expectations and ambitions this loss should be hard to handle.

Old
09-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Sealink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAL View Post
Berlin is utterly destroying Augsburg 11:0. What a first game in their new O2-Arena, wow.
That was SO great! If I hadn't been there I wouldn't believe that the atmosphere was so fantastic.
About the game itself: highest DEL victory for Berlin
Sometimes it seemed as if Augsburg wasn't even there...

Old
09-17-2008, 05:55 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Hey DEL fans,

just wonderin' if anyone could give me an update on Nathan Robinson's play with Berlin. He had pretty good numbers last year; how's he looking so far this season?

09-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Hey DEL fans,

just wonderin' if anyone could give me an update on Nathan Robinson's play with Berlin. He had pretty good numbers last year; how's he looking so far this season?
He's firing on all cylinders, but he had to leave Berlin's recent 11-0 victory prematurely. Don't currently know what the diagnosis is. He's skating well and has a few points, as would be expected.

Old
09-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Sanderson

Cologne is definately in a serious funk right now, they outshot the Freezers 49 to 16 yet lost 1-2

Meanwhile Hamburg with two wins over Düsseldorf and Cologne, time for a bad performance at home against Frankfurt on Sunday, I just know that it'll happen

Old
09-19-2008, 04:59 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Cologne is definately in a serious funk right now, they outshot the Freezers 49 to 16 yet lost 1-2

Meanwhile Hamburg with two wins over Düsseldorf and Cologne, time for a bad performance at home against Frankfurt on Sunday, I just know that it'll happen
Did you watch or listen to the game? I'm guessing given the shot discrepancy that Pelletier must have played a very good game?

Old
09-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Sanderson

No, I didn't have time for it, but from what I've read on the Freezers-boards, Pelletier was easily the best player on the ice.

Old
09-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Finnpin

How is Karalahti doing in Hamburg? I know he is still not in 100% fit so can he keep up there or late hittings and hookings? 4 gp, 0 g, 1 a, 8 pim, +2

Clarke Wilm has a great start 3+3 and he will be even better in the fall and in the playoffs! + his penalty killing is marvelous! Enjoy Freezer fans!

Old
09-26-2008, 10:38 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Going to my first DEL game of the season today (Scorps - Iserlohn).

Old
09-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
That was SO great! If I hadn't been there I wouldn't believe that the atmosphere was so fantastic.
About the game itself: highest DEL victory for Berlin
Sometimes it seemed as if Augsburg wasn't even there...
Not trying to nitpick here, but it wasn't the highest
DEL victory for Berlin. The first ever derby between Preussen and Eisbären was a 12:0 victory for Preussen.

Anyway, I'm heading to my first ever Eisbären game tomorrow vs. Tampa Bay. Very curious about the arena...

Old
09-27-2008, 08:36 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
DEL victory for Berlin. The first ever derby between Preussen and Eisbären was a 12:0 victory for Preussen.

Anyway, I'm heading to my first ever Eisbären game tomorrow vs. Tampa Bay. Very curious about the arena...
Any tv for this online?

Old
09-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Sealink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

I know... but I thought it was clear what I meant here...
We were talking about an Eisbären-game, so I belive everyone understands that I'm referring to this team when writing "Berlin".

I'll be at the game against Tampa Bay, too

Old
09-28-2008, 06:01 AM
Elvs

did Jason Marshall retire this summer?

Old
09-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Shadowthrone
Harken the Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
did Jason Marshall retire this summer?
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Marshall

According to this site, yes.

Old
09-28-2008, 04:26 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Well, I was at the Scorpions - Roosters game and I won't be back soon.

I used to have season tickets back in the day but I can't stand the way the game is played and especially the way the refs have to call it nowadays. It's not the hockey I fell in love with. The "Bandencheck" call was rediculous and it wasn't the only rediculous call. Hockey is supposed to be physical, they have taken hits almost completely out of the game.

I watched only 5 games last season, I seriously doubt I will watch more this time after this desaster.

Old
09-29-2008, 02:03 AM
zecke26

living in/near hannover and going to the scorpions is something i will never understand. the indians are much cheaper, have a better atmosphere, more tradition and hockey in 3rd-tier is more real. they still have fights, hits and things to laugh about.

i miss the 2nd and 3rd-tier days somehow. when hockey was hockey and not just an event.

Old
09-29-2008, 09:28 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

I don't think I have to justify myself.

Quote:
i miss the 2nd and 3rd-tier days somehow. when hockey was hockey and not just an event.
So true.

Old
09-29-2008, 09:37 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by no one important View Post
I don't think I have to justify myself.
i don't think i wanted you to justify.

it's just that i'm longing for a 1b team here in kassel just to watch hockey again. can be regionalliga or whatever. just no DEL event please. i want hockey. the hockey i grew up with.

Old
09-29-2008, 11:47 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Sometimes I watch the Wedemark Scorpions but it's pretty dire hockey and atmosphere these days. My favourite memories are of the times when my Scorps/Wildcats/ESC Wedemark were still playing in the Icehouse in Mellendorf. The atmosphere was great, we even had flares at every game, it's was great. It put the Pferdeturm atmosphere to shame imo.

I never wanted to leave.

Fun fact: I live right in the middle of Hannover now and reaching the Arena by car or public transport takes longer than reaching the Icehouse in the Wedemark. It's rediculous. The Pferdeturm is 10 minutes by bike but I have my reasons to not go there but if I had no Wedemark-history I'd go there for sure and I think every Hannoveraner should.

Old
09-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummersEnd View Post
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Marshall

According to this site, yes.
thanks.

Closed Thread