Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2008, 06:38 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no one important View Post
Sometimes I watch the Wedemark Scorpions but it's pretty dire hockey and atmosphere these days. My favourite memories are of the times when my Scorps/Wildcats/ESC Wedemark were still playing in the Icehouse in Mellendorf. The atmosphere was great, we even had flares at every game, it's was great. It put the Pferdeturm atmosphere to shame imo.

I never wanted to leave.

Fun fact: I live right in the middle of Hannover now and reaching the Arena by car or public transport takes longer than reaching the Icehouse in the Wedemark. It's rediculous. The Pferdeturm is 10 minutes by bike but I have my reasons to not go there but if I had no Wedemark-history I'd go there for sure and I think every Hannoveraner should.
Well, my team (ASV - HH) will be playing against Wedemark this season (as well as against whatever team Lenny Soccio has been putting together), so if you want, you can see some decent good ol' sock'em, rock'em hockey when we're in town:-) However, we're just a bunch of old farts having fun. The league is actually too competitive for us. We should have been like MIB and Bombis & his boys in Celle - should have signed up for the league below us.

Gonna be a hard season, but it's definitely grass-roots hockey! Some decent kids in the league as well.

Old
09-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Anyway, I'm heading to my first ever Eisbären game tomorrow vs. Tampa Bay. Very curious about the arena...
Nice arena... But if I ever had prejudices against the Eisbären, I see them as confirmed now. That team will never be my team - at least not as long as their fans are wallowing in "Ostalgie".

They played a very strong game though, very impressing.

Old
09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
Well, my team (ASV - HH) will be playing against Wedemark this season (as well as against whatever team Lenny Soccio has been putting together), so if you want, you can see some decent good ol' sock'em, rock'em hockey when we're in town:-) However, we're just a bunch of old farts having fun. The league is actually too competitive for us. We should have been like MIB and Bombis & his boys in Celle - should have signed up for the league below us.
Yeah, maybe I'll be there. The problem with the Wedemark Scorpions is that I know quite a few of the players (school etc, the Wedemark is really small) and I don't really like some. Makes rooting for them hard.

This weekend Lenny's Arena is opening and I'll be there for sure at least friday and saturday. It's a big thing for everyone interested in hockey here in and around Hannover. On saturday there's a game involving Steve Wilson, David Haas, Kosturik, Zetterberg, Lööf, Joe West etc. and a party afterwards. Should be awesome. Feel free to come.

Old
10-04-2008, 05:12 AM
FAL

Really pleasently surprised by Krefeld's performance so far. Especially nice to see that the young players (Huebscher, Hager, Endrass, Riefers, Akdag all 1988 - 1990) are getting lots of ice time unlike last season, which pays off so far. Hager and Driendl (1986) just scored 2 goals against Cologne, add Schopper and Pietta, who are also quite young i even read today, that Krefeld's the youngest team in the league.

Now i'm sure a slump will come sooner or later as the roster's not too deep and being in the play-off race throughout the season would be a nice success and surprise. Yet it's nice to enjoy the moment while it lasts and see people in Krefeld really stand behind the team for the first time in a while and let the young players make their mistakes (knowing we have no other choice due to financial restrictions).

Sunday against Berlin will be my season debut and a tough game as Berlin brings a lot experience, leadership and a great team, but this should be fun to watch.

Old
10-04-2008, 07:49 AM
pelts35.com

I know it's very early in the season, but could Hamburg be significantly better than what was predicted of them? From what I can tell from translated articles Pelletier seems to be playing as good as he ever has in his career and the rest of the team seems to be playing quite well as a unit.

Old
10-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Sanderson

Yeah, for the first time in many years the Freezers play like a team. I don't think anybody in Hamburg really expected that. It's what Stewart promised during the summer, but faith in Stewart wasn't exactly high among the fans, and it was even lower in the franchise as a whole.

It's still early in the season, and Hamburg has yet to play against Berlin and Mannheim, not to mention Wolfsburg and Iserlohn which are doing pretty good as well, but they are on a good way so far.
That being said, Hamburg's problem usually weren't the good teams, it were the average to bad ones. They always lost points in games against teams from the end of the table.

The powerplay still needs lots of work, it has been pretty weak so far, but the penalty-killing has been turned around completely from the start of the season, Pelletier is in excellent shape and the team is hustling and fighting for each other.
Yesterday's game against Straubing was a good example of that. In the past, you had a whole chain of mistakes which led to goals against. Yesterday, apart from the end when they were just cruising, whenever someone made a big mistake, he either made it up himself or was covered by his linemate. There are much less back-breaking goals that way.

The offense is the true strength of this team, even though the powerplay is hurting. In the first few games Fortier-Wilm-Aab carried the play, with Müller-Brigley-Tripp chipping in some offense as well. Yesterday Sarno and Smyth finally woke up and were responsible for three goals. Add young Elia Ostwald who is doing a great job so far.
That's three lines who can score, and Alex Barta and Jason Pinizzotto are still injured, so there is more to come in the future.

If they keep up the way they are playing right now, this could definately be the first time since 2003/04 that the team makes it out of the first playoff-round, but lets not get ahead of ourselves

Old
10-07-2008, 02:11 PM
pelts35.com

Does Hamburg have any kind of defense? It seems like they get outshot game after game. Through 2 periods today, they have allowed 27 shots through 2 periods.

Old
10-07-2008, 02:30 PM
FAL

Cologne has been outshooting their opponents almost every game ths season, though they ended up losing anyways. They played powerplay for 8 minutes in the first period, so i don't think you should be surprised if your team gets outshot.

Yet it's 3:2 Hamburg right now, so the sixth win in a row might happen.

Old
10-07-2008, 02:36 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAL View Post
Cologne has been outshooting their opponents almost every game ths season, though they ended up losing anyways. They played powerplay for 8 minutes in the first period, so i don't think you should be surprised if your team gets outshot.

Yet it's 3:2 Hamburg right now, so the sixth win in a row might happen.
Except that it's not just this game. In their 7 games they've been outshot in 5 of them (today will make 6 out of 8).

Old
10-07-2008, 02:59 PM
FAL

Ok, i haven't been following Hamburg's shot statistics. Just remembered that Cologne outshot their opponents this season quite often. For Hamburgs D, Sanderson can probably tell you.

Reading the live-ticker it looks like a solid game by Pelletier, 4:3 shoot-out victory.

Old
10-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
TRADE ALERT:
Mannheim and Kassel swept players. Hauser and Schlager were sent to Kassel, while the Huskies sent Beardsmore to Mannheim in exchange.
All three players are eligible to play for their new teams tomorrow.

Old
10-09-2008, 07:06 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
TRADE ALERT:
Mannheim and Kassel swept players. Hauser and Schlager were sent to Kassel, while the Huskies sent Beardsmore to Mannheim in exchange.
All three players are eligible to play for their new teams tomorrow.
i like it.

beardsmore already had a contract for mannheim next season. hauser i don't care. but schlager finally gets a chance to play DEL and if he's good, he can stay in kassel for longer. so the huskies might have won a young defender for the future.

Old
10-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Snoil11

Was Schlager moved to D?
Anyways, from a Huskies' perspective, I'd be stoked about the signing of Hauser, who is arguably a top-three regular-season DEL-goalie.

Old
10-09-2008, 12:50 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Was Schlager moved to D?
i though he was, but somehow he's listed everywhere as F. hmm...the way he plays (hard-hitting, solid skating) he could be a D.
anyway, still a solid addition. i'd rather have him than palmer.

Quote:
Anyways, from a Huskies' perspective, I'd be stoked about the signing of Hauser, who is arguably a top-three regular-season DEL-goalie.
i think he's a very average goalie in the DEL. easy to beat 5 hole. but he's a major improvement over rousson who was more than just shaky. and elwing is not DEL goalie. so hauser is a improvement. how much? we'll see.

maybe he keeps the loss within 3 goals tomorrow.

Old
10-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Snoil11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i think he's a very average goalie in the DEL. easy to beat 5 hole. but he's a major improvement over rousson who was more than just shaky. and elwing is not DEL goalie. so hauser is a improvement. how much? we'll see.
This might apply for the post-season, but his regular-season play has been outstanding since his arrival in Germany. His technique and sound movement is a pleasure to witness and his positional play is as good as it gets in the DEL.

Quote:
maybe he keeps the loss within 3 goals tomorrow.
Honestly, I have this bad feeling, that the Huskies might snap the longest series in (German) hockey tomorrow.

Old
10-10-2008, 06:04 AM
zecke26

Quote:
This might apply for the post-season, but his regular-season play has been outstanding since his arrival in Germany. His technique and sound movement is a pleasure to witness and his positional play is as good as it gets in the DEL.
hmm...that's a problem, because if he's too good in the regular, he might carry us into the POs.
nah...that won't happen. just one goal this season. stay ahead of the bottom feeders duisburg and...cologne.

Quote:
Honestly, I have this bad feeling, that the Huskies might snap the longest series in (German) hockey tomorrow.
nah, this won't happen. the huskies looked bad lately. too many mistakes. should be a 8-3 today.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Snoil11

Quote:
nah, this won't happen. the huskies looked bad lately. too many mistakes. should be a 8-3 today.
Judging by the current score, your prediction is way off-base.

Old
10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Judging by the current score, your prediction is way off-base.
wait for 7-3 3rd period.

but really, looker does his best, but both teams have horrible PP-units it seems.

Old
10-10-2008, 03:05 PM
zecke26

i was half right, you were totally wrong.

3-2 lions after shootout. congrats. and i take the point and be happy. every point is important to avoid last place.

and cologne lost again.

Old
10-11-2008, 02:43 AM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
So with the addition of Hauser, is Rousson gonna be released or just ride the pine the rest of the way? I see that Elwing still backed up last game anyway.

Old
10-11-2008, 08:05 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
So with the addition of Hauser, is Rousson gonna be released or just ride the pine the rest of the way? I see that Elwing still backed up last game anyway.
no one knows who'll be backup. at the moment rousson is injured and miss 1-2 weeks. coach richer prefers rousson over elwing. and i honestly don't think elwing is a DELer. he's simply not good enough. so i think the huskies will have hauser/rousson till the end of the season and will have two new goalies next season. rousson will retired, elwing won't resign because he's pissed that he never gets a chance and hauser might be too expensive.

Old
10-13-2008, 04:54 AM
zecke26

looks like the huskies have no decision to be made. rousson needs a surgery. might be his cruciate ligament again.

Old
10-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
Quote:
no one knows who'll be backup. at the moment rousson is injured and miss 1-2 weeks. coach richer prefers rousson over elwing. and i honestly don't think elwing is a DELer. he's simply not good enough. so i think the huskies will have hauser/rousson till the end of the season and will have two new goalies next season. rousson will retired, elwing won't resign because he's pissed that he never gets a chance and hauser might be too expensive.
Good thorough answer, thanks as always zecke =)

Old
10-17-2008, 04:53 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Scorps signed Dimitri Pätzold.

Old
10-17-2008, 11:16 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by no one important View Post
Scorps signed Dimitri Pätzold.
I take it he wasn't getting time in the KHL?

Closed Thread