DEL talk 08/09

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2008, 11:54 AM
zecke26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
I take it he wasn't getting time in the KHL?
he was trying to get the russian citizenship, but failed. and he's not good enough to get a foreigner spot in the KHL.

two years ago i'd said it's a good signing by the scorps, but now? he didn't impress me whenever i watched him. he was neither good in the AHL nor for the national team. and he failed to make a stand in the KHL on a mediocre team. he has a lot to prove in hannover. especially because it's rumored that he signed in ingolstadt for 09-10. and what will happen to waite then, who might be the best goalie in the DEL? ah well, wait and see...

Old
10-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
and what will happen to waite then, who might be the best goalie in the DEL? ah well, wait and see...
His best days are long gone and he might be even a bigger PO-choker than Hauser.

As for Pätzold: he hasn't met expectations, but he should be an improvement over Alex Jung.

Old
10-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Sanderson

Do I get this right?
Tomas Martinec got a penalty for dislodging the opponents net?

That has to be one of the biggest screw ups in recent memory. You get a penalty for dislodging your own net on purpose, because it takes away scoring opportunities for your opponent and because it delays the game. When you are on offense, you wouldn't dislodge the net on purpose, because it takes away your own scoring opportunity. Just like you don't get a penalty for shooting the puck over the glass when you are on offense, you don't get a penalty for dislodging the net.

No wonder they got a second penalty on top of that, I'd be furious as well. Schütz on form is the best ref in the league, but now and then he has some serious mistakes which are just incomprehensible.

Old
10-26-2008, 02:08 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Btw, the Wedemark Scorpions had over 1500 at their first homegame of the season. This is Verbandsliga.

So we have the Wedemark Scorpions with 1500, the Hannover Scorpions with about 3500, the Indians with 3000 and also the Jets in Langenhagen with 500 now. Kinda rediculous.

Back when there were only the KEV in Hannover and the ESC in the Wedemark things were perfect.
The region is not big enough to support 4 clubs.

Old
10-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Sanderson

Well, I shouldn't have mentioned how much of a "team" the Freezers are this year. Since I said that, they gave away some sure-fire wins and got some really ugly losses.

Doesn't help that they always get way more penalty minutes than the opponents. Sometimes it's legit, other times it's not. Judging from the last few games I've seen, the refs do tend not to call stuff evenly. There are games where Hamburg gets a penalty for pretty much everything, while the opponent gets nothing for the very same infraction (the Duisburg game, for example). Now and then a period pops up in which the ref suddenly throws one penalty after another at the opponent in short succession, which isn't much better either.

Funny stuff right now, one altercation, Straubing gets 2+2, Hamburg 2+2+2 and 2+2+20...

Who the ... is Ulpi Sicorschi?
Third unsportsmanlike conduct misconduct. Either the players behave like youknowwhat, or this is yet another of those refs with a god-complex. Reading a bit about him, the latter seems more likely.

Last edited by Sanderson: 10-26-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old
10-27-2008, 06:12 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by no one important View Post
Btw, the Wedemark Scorpions had over 1500 at their first homegame of the season. This is Verbandsliga.

So we have the Wedemark Scorpions with 1500, the Hannover Scorpions with about 3500, the Indians with 3000 and also the Jets in Langenhagen with 500 now. Kinda rediculous.
Wow!!! Welp, Langenhagen and Wedemark are in my league and we're gonna be about the worst team (other than maybe Adendorf), so come on out and see a surely scoring game when the ASV is in town.

Still, I'm sure the boys on my team will be looking forward to games with several hundred in attendance.

Sidenote:
Have heard that one of the Salzgitter teams should be getting roughly 600 per game as well. Really amazing for the Verbandsliga. Haven't even heard yet how many are usually in attendance for Bremerhaven, but they might have a couple hundred as well.

Old
10-27-2008, 07:35 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Well, I shouldn't have mentioned how much of a "team" the Freezers are this year. Since I said that, they gave away some sure-fire wins and got some really ugly losses.

Doesn't help that they always get way more penalty minutes than the opponents. Sometimes it's legit, other times it's not. Judging from the last few games I've seen, the refs do tend not to call stuff evenly. There are games where Hamburg gets a penalty for pretty much everything, while the opponent gets nothing for the very same infraction (the Duisburg game, for example). Now and then a period pops up in which the ref suddenly throws one penalty after another at the opponent in short succession, which isn't much better either.

Funny stuff right now, one altercation, Straubing gets 2+2, Hamburg 2+2+2 and 2+2+20...

Who the ... is Ulpi Sicorschi?
Third unsportsmanlike conduct misconduct. Either the players behave like youknowwhat, or this is yet another of those refs with a god-complex. Reading a bit about him, the latter seems more likely.
Wow, 6-0 loss to Straubing.... brutal!

By the way, got to hand it to Wolfsburg, despite today's loss... they have had some start this year. Definitely look like a legit playoff team. Who would have thought that Magowan and Devon would make such an impact????

Also, Vikingstad is playing again and even though he's only averaging just under a point-per-game, the Scorpions have been doing MUCH better since his return. Especially Dolak has really picked things up since Tore has been on his line.

Sascha Goc with 7-1-8.... those are some weird stats for a Dman, and although those 7 goals are very valuable to that team, he's definitely off his normal pace seeing as how those 8 points have come in 15 games. Ackerström seems to already be helping, by the way.

Old
10-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
Wow, 6-0 loss to Straubing.... brutal!
It's the typical late October / early November slump. They seem to get it every year when the Deutschland Cup nears

It's looks like Barta and Pinizzotto might be ready a bit earlier than expected, so there is at least some hope for improvement after the break.

Old
10-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Dartmouth 02

Hello DEL folks...

I will be in Berlin on 28 Nov. Clearly, I want to attend the Eisbaren-Freezers game. Should I buy tickets online now or is it safe to wait until gamenight and walk up to the arena? Any tips on which sections to choose (assume there are designated travelling fans sections as in BL), other stuff I might need to know for getting to my first DEL match (with very limited german language skills) would be welcomed. Danke!

Last edited by Dartmouth 02: 10-29-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old
10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Although I said otherwise a few months ago, you might be well-advised to buy tickets in advance, as the Polar Bears sold out all of their five home games this season. Moreover the play is on a Friday night, which usually draws the biggest crowds in Germany and as it is the Freezers' first game in the new arena, I can see many people from Hamburg making the trip to Berlin.

Sanderson or one of the Polar Bears' supporters can correct me, if I am wrong.

Old
10-31-2008, 02:50 PM
Sealink

I'd also recommend to buy tickets in advance.

What section to choose, depends on two things:
a) Do you want to be with Freezers- or Eisbären-Fans?
If with Eisbären: read b)
If with Freezers, section 411 should be your choice, but it doesn't seem to be available online...
b) Do you want to stand or sit?
If stand: sections 210-214 are your choice, if sit: the rest

I don't have any othe tips for you right now, but feel free to ask whatever you want to know...

Old
11-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Tommy Hawk

I recommend contacting the team ASAP and letting them know as they can help with lots of things such as logistics, tickets, etc.

Old
11-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Dartmouth 02

Thanks for the tips guys....I've contacted their ticket info address. I wasn't able to buy them online as they won't ship overseas, and when I try to purchase for will-call I get errors Hopefully they get back to me.

Old
11-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Sanderson

Spiegel has a big article on Robert Müller, very well written, such a sad story.

News came up in the summer that his tumor returned. Apparently the tumor-cells have become resistant all kinds of therapy. Not only that, but it's Glioblastoma, which up to current standards isn't curable. The life expectancy with that kind of tumor is usually measured in months, though in some rare cases it can reach years or even decades. According to his doctor, Müller is already past the average life expectancy.

Makes it even more impressive that he is currently working on his comeback.

Old
11-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
Is there any news about Alexander Barta and Ilja Vorobiev and why neither has played this season?

Old
11-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Sanderson

Barta had a broken leg going back to last playoffs. He is supposed to return next weekend. No idea about Vorobiev.

Old
11-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Toni Porkka

Vorobiev is suffering a PCS. No timetable for return.

Old
11-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
What would I do without you guys?

Old
11-12-2008, 08:03 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Porkka View Post
Vorobiev is suffering a PCS. No timetable for return.
What is PCS?

Old
11-13-2008, 01:38 AM
Toni Porkka

Post Concussion Syndrome

Old
11-13-2008, 02:43 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Porkka View Post
Post Concussion Syndrome
Ah...never seen that abbrveated before.

Old
11-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Diving Pokecheck*

How are the Hanover Scorpions doing. Are there going to make the playoffs?

Old
11-17-2008, 02:14 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper View Post
How are the Hanover Scorpions doing. Are there going to make the playoffs?
Doing pretty good.

Quote:
1 Hannover Scorpions 40 21 63:60
2 Krefeld Pinguine 37 20 71:51
3 Adler Mannheim 37 19 56:39
4 DEG Metro Stars 36 20 66:53
5 Frankfurt Lions 36 20 62:56
I think they might actually make the playoffs. I have only watched one game so far this season though but I might go this sunday.

Old
11-24-2008, 03:49 AM
Raggamuffin

How good is the DEL quality wise compared to 7-8 years ago?

Old
11-25-2008, 06:46 AM
SchwenningerWildWing

Send a message via ICQ to SchwenningerWildWing
That is a good question because you will have another answer from every poster. For me the quality is not really better. The quality of the games is just average. Many icings, many technical mistakes, many average foreign players except a few exceptions like Brathwaite in Mannheim. But the north americans rather go to Russia, Scandinavia or Switzerland and only the 2nd or 3rd tier of foreigners are coming to Germany. And a big problem in my eyes is the missing relegation between the DEL and the 2nd league. The bottom feeders play more or less friendship games from January until the end off the season because they're out of the playoff race.

Closed Thread